What's new

Early Morning Shift Advice

You do more time for selling illegal tobacco than you do for illicit drugs, the government protects their racket with fire.
I remember working in my Auntie's milk bar in the late 80s and ciggies were about $3.50 a pack crazy how they've ballooned

What’s this ‘social life’ y’all are talking about?

I haven’t had a day off (other than Sunday’s) since March. 6 days a week of at least 12 hours. I can’t wait until winter.

Night shifts are rough, but a good way to make a lot of money while you’re young. Plus if it’s a better job, it gives you an in there as well.

What’s this ‘social life’ y’all are talking about?

I haven’t had a day off (other than Sunday’s) since March. 6 days a week of at least 12 hours. I can’t wait until winter.

Night shifts are rough, but a good way to make a lot of money while you’re young. Plus if it’s a better job, it gives you an in there as well.

Good post.
I think I probably work more overtime than anyone at my place of employment. Last year I made about half of my base salary in overtime only. Worked overtime 47 out of 52 weeks and 3 of house 5 weeks with no overtime were due to pto.

Fml.

Night shift with a 5 dollar per hour raise was quite tempting. And like you said, once I get that job then I’m in that position and a day shift job could come available quickly. But I had to turn it down. Partly due to some advice in this thread, partly due to remembering working graveyard years back and mostly cause my wife was like “**** no.”

I might have an opportunity to get a salaried position pretty soon here (a manager told me about a job opening up soon and said he wants me in that position) but I don’t know if I want to go that route either lol.
If only I could tell the future.

I remember when... go to HELL!!!!

Lol lucky I’ve never smoke a single one. That’s a lot of money over the years dude.

I don’t do night shifts but my second/hobby job is doing fitness class instructing mostly 5.30 or 6 am times which sucks when the alarm goes off. But when you get there and there’s a class of 20-30 mostly lithe young women dressed in tight workout gear it really ain’t a bad deal at all