What's new

Ed Davis is an unrestricted FA- possible good rotation big

Ed Davis is a very interesting option. I like the risk/reward depending on the contract. He's a decently skilled lefty and just turned 25. He's got touch around the rim, he isnt a great rebounder but he can hold his own, and hes a shot-blocking presence.

That'd be interesting pickup because I'm sure the Grizzlies let him walk because of Jarnell Stokes. Signing him for the MLE would make me feel better about that trade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRCRMWlRSOA

This is what Ed Davis can bring to the table on a good night.

I like Ed Davis. I think he is a bit undervalued because he didn't get many minutes with the Grizz. We may miss out though. I think we will hold our space open until we see what happens with whatever team signs Carmelo. We may be able to help them clear cap space and get something good.

He is very bad. The Jazz have one of the deepest frontcourts so I don't understand why he is even discussed.

He is very bad. The Jazz have one of the deepest frontcourts so I don't understand why he is even discussed.

I don't think we are deep at all. We have one quality starter, Favors, and 2 other guys that shouldn't get more than 20 minutes a night on a good team, Kanter Gobert, and then there is Jeremy Evans. I think Evans is effective for 15-20 minutes a night, but I think Davis is better than he is. Also, Davis is younger than Evans.

sir you have not watched basketball.. davis put up respectable numbers on the raps.. grizzles didnt play him because they were stacked.. davies is better than gobert by miles right now..@ jjscap

Jeremy Evans is a great backup PF. Gobert, while being very raw, rebounded extremely well on his rookie year that virtually all teams would be OK with giving him 12 mpg. Kanter will be much better this year, with a new coach and stronger body. You just can't be thinking he is at the same level with Gobert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRCRMWlRSOA

This is what Ed Davis can bring to the table on a good night.

Is this a preseason game? There's like 10 fans there. Embarrassing!

I'm down with Ed Davis. However, I like Monroe a lot more.

We have zero front court depth guys. Hell, we still don't know if kanter is a legit starter. Last I checked, our record with him as a starter was atrocious. Can he and Favors play together?

Or is kanter just another Kris Kardashian? Great stat stuffer off the bench but ultimately doesn't help your team to win?

Jeremy Evans is a great backup PF. Gobert, while being very raw, rebounded extremely well on his rookie year that virtually all teams would be OK with giving him 12 mpg. Kanter will be much better this year, with a new coach and stronger body. You just can't be thinking he is at the same level with Gobert.

So Evans is great and Davis is very bad? Evans is a good energy guy, but Davis could be a quality starter in a pinch. I think Gobert will be better than Kanter this year. Gobert seems to work his tail off and plays extremely hard. Was not impressed with Kanter last year. How do we know he will get better? He regressed last year.

Who can Jeremy guard?
Can Kanter play defense? That's a HUGE unknown.

I'm big on Gobert. Always have been. But with both Favors and Gobert, the Jazz need a PF who can shoot: a rich man's Marvin Williams.