Votes: 5 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Trade Conley and keep DL

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Keep Conley and Fire DL

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
The thing I particularly hate about this FO/Regime is in certain critical moments they demonstrate just enough competency to keep the fans filled with hope, when they know they've got the small market clould hanging over their head they'll do something really aggressive like the Donovan Mitchell draft trade. My issue is they dont consistently make moves like that, they make one or 2 like that and then kick their feet up try to get fancy and placate those big pieices they acquired.

To me the gameplan just seems something like "lets get our core then surround them with luxurious handpicked role players"

That just aint it. I've always said you just gotta keep playing the depth chart, upgrading it, cutting the fat, preparing for the contracts ahead and maneuver around them ----- utah has treated this like its secondary or tertiary and its come back to burn them literally every season i've paid attention. thats how i really feel.

the approach here is flawed. What Miami does is VASTLY SUPERIOR..

Dont tell me hindsight is 20/20 either, I was freaking in those Draftees threads HYPING UP DUNCAN ROBINSON(this d3 kid isnt gonna get drafted but he's gonna make the NBA was my eval)Derrick Jones Jr, Herro, Bam, the list goes on and on and on.... Kendrick Nunn was on my radar back at Illinois, he honestly woulda got drafted if not for a domestic dispute incident... What Utah does in player development seems sheltered and slow compared to what they do in Miami, where everything is geared towards playoff basketball, Utah's on the other end of the spectrum and has been for a decade minimum, they're a regular season team thru and thru and thru and thru.

The idea that these offenses are good enough to actually beat thru the later rounds of the playoffs is hilarious.... if you really believe that you've been taken for a sucker by a snake-oil salesman.

Last edited:
The funny thing is too, maybe it wouldnt be that way if Hayward didnt do what he did... but he did.... and the FO chose to let it blindside them and let it fester and compound, and all these teams all these years later are still suffering...

The FO, completely on their own accord, gambled on Hayward and got burned.... These bums shoulda all been run outa their jobs when that eggs in one basket moment happened... anything thats happened since pales in comparison

Last edited:
Gordon Hayward's career playoff averages (THIS IS WHO WE THREW THE TEAM AWAY FOR); 33mpg 40% fgs 15ppg 4 ast 4 rebs

We will end up being too prideful to dump Conley. We'll overpay Gobert to an extension. In 2021, we'll probably overpay Conley in an extension.

Donovan will want out when half the roster is as worthless as D'Andre Jordan in a couple years.

There should be a thread called

Mike Conley vs. Jae Crowder...

Cuz look at all the **** Lindsey traded ontop of Crowder for Conley and Crowder is playing WAY BETTER this year for a quarter the price..

Miami is about to use Jae Crowder (who makes $7M this season) to guard LeBron James in the NBA finals... Utah/Lindsey paid extra to "upgrade" him to Conley...

According Cy, Mike Conley was amazing due to his numbers from two games when the team blew out Denver.
Ya see thats in part why I showed up Immediately at the Conley acquisition and listed all the **** i hate about it, there was some troll "mike conley haters thread" here the first few games of the season I made sure to show up and make a big stink on the 1st page... Cuz I knew i'd drum out suckers with disposable opinions .... It's just that move was more of the same, it wasnt some shiny new idea, same old ****.. wasn't that obvious?

Is Mike Conley even a better basketball player right now in late 2020 than Jae Crowder? I'd say no. Especially not when u start figuring their cost to the team....

I swear to everything holy if you saw Mike Conley in 18-19 go up against speedsters like De'Aaron Fox, you'd conclude "he's lost a step"

Fox was blocking his 3pointers and ****... I said it right away when the deal went down...

Ya know another thing i hate bout the conley deal, this just rubs me the wrooooong way, and would especially so if i considered myself some die-hard fan...

the idea that (and this was repeated plenty)

"we've been trying to get him for years"

oooohhh that just almost runs a tinlge down my spine, i hate that justification or even feeling like your confident to proclaim such a thing... I just have visions of the 'war room' feet kicked up champagne bottles popped "we did it guys, we finally got MIKE CONLEY!!! Next stop;Championship"

well now u got him and its way too late u ****ing idiots...

Reminds me of something I heard Mike Tyson say his favorite quote was "Old too soon, smart too late"... and I mean one can say "these things happen, its the natural course of things, entropy is everywhere in nature blah blah blah"

BUT it's the very job of Lindsey to see, gauge and pull the trigger on paying for the tread on the tires, and grave miscalculations were obviously made... If the abscense of Bogdanovic is seen as some saving grace excuse, then again the fans will shoulder the brunt of the pain while mediocre fat cat front office guys keep jobs their performing poorly in.

Last edited:
I just hate the idea of gambling on old stars too... It's so early 2000's Knicks.... It's stevie franchise, starbury zach randolph eddy curry type foolishness.

they behaved this way in the face of the prime warriors with KD too. Team just is too dumb for it's own good.

I truly believe the whole half-baked Hayward is gonna be the supermax hero dream was in thje same vein as this knicks overpaying stars thing too. U can't say utah "dodged a bullet" with Hayward, they took toons of damage, quite obviously...

Last edited:
I've always said if your gonna gamble do it on the rookies... get tons of picks.. assets... Just look at MIAMI!!!!!!! those are late-lotto picks and undrafted guys, not top picks....

The ONLY other options are BORING AND MORE EXPENSIVE. The NBA fan of today is not dumb, they can appreciate a young team with promise... Thats what all the Miami fans thought they had going into the season, and they are in the finals....

and players like Herro and Bam for much of their college season were projected outside the top 20... It's only that miami beleived in em enough to take em where they did..

Last edited:
when you show ure cards the way utah did with hayward, now u invite any other star to ask "why arent u gonna build around me, like u did hayward who didnt even wanna be here"... This team is stuck in this vicious cycle, or I should say they're asking for it... They've turned themselves into a donkey a select few are trying to pin the tail on for a big payday... tHATS NOT BASKETBALL, THATS NOT HOW THIS SHOULD BE WORKING... NUMBERCRUNCHING MORONS ARE INVOLVED... best part is im sure they have some twisted way of demonstrating all the money their saving... let me see the ****ing books ill run thru it in 15 minutes and highlight all the waste in big red letters, theres piles of it for sure...

u really gotta understand something... the very best coach on the planet who could ever coach the Utah Jazz, is John Calipari... This whole operation we're looking at here would look like complete amatuer hour in like 1 or 2 weeks flat if coach cal took over..

Utah is, and has been, treating this like their a college who bends at the knee to 5-star recruits... they need someone with some balls in charge...

Even as far as Millsap and Big Al.... Instead of trading away those peices and recouping some value, they chose to send them off like it was some graduation, waiting for senior day type lame fuzzyness.. This team has it's head in the clouds, thats for sure, but man it has so much trouble keeping its feet on the pavement...