Elijah Hughes to the Jazz

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
Has anyone(besides me) mentioned that Hughes celebrates after EVERY shot in his highlight vids? I mean WTF is that? He gonna have to simmer down.

seattlejazzfan

I'm talking about a younger JR Smith, circa Denver or his first stint in Cleveland. He's a 6'5", athletic 2-guard who shoots with volume, shoots with deep range, can do a score a bit in isolation, and is explosive enough to drive and get on top of the rim. I wouldn't compare Hughes to the other guys you mentioned.

We'll have to see what Hughes looks like as a ball-mover in Quin's system.
funny you don't like my comparisons. i was actually kinda proud of those just off the top of my head. but honestly, the more i think about it, dude is pretty much a clone of Wesley Matthews in terms of size, athleticism and how they get their buckets (both are quite adept in the post for guards as an example) - and even the shooting stroke is crazy similar.

LoPo

funny you don't like my comparisons. i was actually kinda proud of those just off the top of my head. but honestly, the more i think about it, dude is pretty much a clone of Wesley Matthews in terms of size, athleticism and how they get their buckets (both are quite adept in the post for guards as an example) - and even the shooting stroke is crazy similar.
I was thinking Wes too

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

GVC

Impressed by the way he runs and finds space in transition (without the ball) and cuts hard in the half court; don't always see that stuff in highlights. Looks like a smart, high energy player.

1-Jazzfan

I just noticed this. I was looking at Draft grades for teams and found that CBS Sports was grading us a C+ or C- for drafting Saban Lee. I went to nba.com and Jazz players and it says Saban Lee and not Elijah Hughes anywhere for the Jazz.

https://www.nba.com/players and filter by Jazz.
I'm not sure what to think.

It says Hughes is on NOP (The Pelican's) too.

Last edited:

Saint Cy of JFC

I haven't watched Hughes that much. First impression is that he's giving me some JR Smith vibes -- 6'5", athletic, deep-range shooter, can slash and get on the rim.
Bruh JR was an elite athlete/dunk champion type.

Hughes has more CJ Miles type athletic ability. Not explosive, but very smooth.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
Someone tell me the last time Locke was unabashedly critical of the organization. Or if it's ever happened.
Ya know... I literally can't think of one. Tony Jones is great but I don't think I have ever heard him say it. Andy is the only one with ********* I guess.