What's new

Enes Kanter Appreciation Thread.

I would personally appreciate it if Kanter can go **** himself.

Really dissapointed in our fans here when it comes to Kanters development. As others have said he's 22yrs old. Hes still got six years untill he reaches his prime. Meanwhile he's avg 15,8. Those our boss numbers for him at this point.

Mark my words all of you that our shutting the door on Enes are going to be complaining about how the FO trades away all our talent when Enes is an All-Star some team in the east in two years.

Really dissapointed in our fans here when it comes to Kanters development. As others have said he's 22yrs old. Hes still got six years untill he reaches his prime. Meanwhile he's avg 15,8. Those our boss numbers for him at this point.

Mark my words all of you that our shutting the door on Enes are going to be complaining about how the FO trades away all our talent when Enes is an All-Star some team in the east in two years.

Almost anybody can be an all-star in the East. Kyle Korver is for ****s sake. The point is that his defensive liability is something the Jazz cannot withstand. I'm sure there are other teams in which he doesn't have to play a lick of defense and all that is expected of him is to score. But that is completely irrelevant to the Utah Jazz. He can average 100 points a game on that team and it won't matter because he would not be able to do the same thing in Utah.

If our team make up was different, then Kanter would be of more use. But as it stands we have two other more promising young bigs than Kanter right now and the last we thing we need is an entitled, selfish basketball player who doesn't want to be in Utah.

Almost anybody can be an all-star in the East. Kyle Korver is for ****s sake. The point is that his defensive liability is something the Jazz cannot withstand. I'm sure there are other teams in which he doesn't have to play a lick of defense and all that is expected of him is to score. But that is completely irrelevant to the Utah Jazz. He can average 100 points a game on that team and it won't matter because he would not be able to do the same thing in Utah.

If our team make up was different, then Kanter would be of more use. But as it stands we have two other more promising young bigs than Kanter right now and the last we thing we need is an entitled, selfish basketball player who doesn't want to be in Utah.

Interesting how his signature reads 'If you dont like the Jazz, then you can get the hell out.' What do you have to say about that Joel? He's reached the point of no return with his stupid actions, ze Kanter man must go.

Enes almost showed nothing of his development on the Jazz. I think their are somethings he even got worse like rebounding and passing compared to last year. The problem is that Enes never was a good fit and was hold back for years... It starts with Enes Kanter and his offensive talents...

Enes Kanter and his ability to score

1rst year = Postmoves
2nd year = Postmoves, Midrange
3rd year = Postmoves, Midrange
4rd Year = Postmoves, Midrange, Driving, 3 PT shooting,

So a guy who has no backround knowledge would think that Kanter has added something new almost every year. But, the truth is that he was able to score on every of this ways even before coming into the NBA. And thats just about the offensive aspect of his game, were almost every one thinks he has shown elite upside.

He was quite for over 4 years and dude finally explode. And I just don´t think that this is something bad, that just shows that Kanter still has fire in himself, to be something more. On another team he could either completely bust or make a huge leap.

Maybe it´s on Enes, too. But the situation he was in, was also a big factor not beeing a better player today... He never had a chance competing for rookie of the year. Never had a chance playing on the stars challenge.

Imagine Kanter getting like 28 minutes his first year. A 19 year old BIG averaging 10 points, 10 boards a game. You can call it empty stats, but if Exum was scoring 10 points per game, almost every Jazz Fan on this board would call him the next Kobe...

If his value was not destroyed for the last 4 years, the Utah Jazz atleast would have a great Asset to trade right now. But like DMC said "Who can stop Gods plan?"

CAKAR do you happen to be Turkish? If so, you or any other Turkish poster, do you think Kanter's religious ventures might somehow be part of the problems we've been seeing as of late with him? No judging, just curious about how this may be viewed by other fellow countrymen of Kanter's.

Kanter Great of all time. Urinate excellence. Post game warshipped by all hall o fame.

CAKAR do you happen to be Turkish? If so, you or any other Turkish poster, do you think Kanter's religious ventures might somehow be part of the problems we've been seeing as of late with him? No judging, just curious about how this may be viewed by other fellow countrymen of Kanter's.

- 1rst of all for me the Gulen Movement is more political, than a religious group.

The problem about turks always is, that they are thinking strict politically. Their are like 4 or 5 big political fractions and they all hate each other. So its hard to think that any opinion of a Turk, about one of this political contingents are really dispassionate.

I do not think that Gulen movement is a good fit for Kanter. But it has nothing to do with him and his development as a player. The Gulen Movement are exploiting the popularity of their professional athletes and using them for their political desire to gain more power... And these athletes are always naive dudes like Enes, who are easy to have a influence on. And maybe these guys will be a reason for Kanter getting suspended from turkish NT...

I do not like the Gulen Movement, maybe I hate them hard. But I would be a bad person and lie if I would make them an issue for Kanters develeopment as an NBA athlete. Drinking no alcohol, no parties and a frugal lifestyle is nothing bad for basketball player, especially if he plays for Utah. Hakan Sükür was the best turkisch soccer player of all time and dude was also part of this politcal group. So Utah could be the best place to play ball, for a NBA player part of the Gulen movement.

It´s Enes decision to be a part of them. It´s just not a good choice for himself personally.

I believe most of his actions and public announcements are directed by them, yes. But I don't think Enes' thrive to get traded is connected to it. His people will probably have the following connections after his trade happens though. This is why I can see Wizards might happen for him. He wanted there all along. John Wall etc. But this is NBA. You can end up anywhere. Personally I think teams will think twice because of his inability to adapt to the fast game and move the ball. But some people will see the potential in him to close this gap in little time and consider him. Offensively, he is a pill to all illnesses if your team does not have frontcourt scoring.

Enes almost showed nothing of his development on the Jazz. I think their are somethings he even got worse like rebounding and passing compared to last year. The problem is that Enes never was a good fit and was hold back for years... It starts with Enes Kanter and his offensive talents...

1rst year = Postmoves

So a guy who has no backround knowledge would think that Kanter has added something new almost every year. But, the truth is that he was able to score on every of this ways even before coming into the NBA. And thats just about the offensive aspect of his game, were almost every one thinks he has shown elite upside.

He was quite for over 4 years and dude finally explode. And I just don´t think that this is something bad, that just shows that Kanter still has fire in himself, to be something more. On another team he could either completely bust or make a huge leap.

Maybe it´s on Enes, too. But the situation he was in, was also a big factor not beeing a better player today... He never had a chance competing for rookie of the year. Never had a chance playing on the stars challenge.

Imagine Kanter getting like 28 minutes his first year. A 19 year old BIG averaging 10 points, 10 boards a game. You can call it empty stats, but if Exum was scoring 10 points per game, almost every Jazz Fan on this board would call him the next Kobe...

If his value was not destroyed for the last 4 years, the Utah Jazz atleast would have a great Asset to trade right now. But like DMC said "Who can stop Gods plan?"

I think Kanter got worse at the two best aspects his rookie year which were getting to the line and rebounding. He has gotten much better at passing and TO's (but is still horrible) but I wish he stuck with his strengths and just made his rebounding and FTA's better.

I can certainly understand Kanter being frustrated by playing time. And, honestly, given the RFA process and current CBA, sometimes players have to take their career into their own hands, sorry to say (though - they don't have to go so public with it).

Having said all of that, I really hope Quin/DL/Kanter/his agent can kiss and make up eventually and we can still convince him to be in the fold here long-term. I really like Gobert as our long-term rim protector, and he deserves 30+ minutes at the C spot. However, I think Enes has tons of potential still and will continue to improve defensively, as a low-post scorer, and in his pick-and-pop game. If he does, he'd be an awesome part of a 3-man big rotation.

96 minutes at the 4/5 per game = 32 minutes spread across Favors, Kanter, and Gobert. Why can't that work?

- 1rst of all for me the Gulen Movement is more political, than a religious group.

The problem about turks always is, that they are thinking strict politically. Their are like 4 or 5 big political fractions and they all hate each other. So its hard to think that any opinion of a Turk, about one of this political contingents are really dispassionate.

I do not think that Gulen movement is a good fit for Kanter. But it has nothing to do with him and his development as a player. The Gulen Movement are exploiting the popularity of their professional athletes and using them for their political desire to gain more power... And these athletes are always naive dudes like Enes, who are easy to have a influence on. And maybe these guys will be a reason for Kanter getting suspended from turkish NT...

I do not like the Gulen Movement, maybe I hate them hard. But I would be a bad person and lie if I would make them an issue for Kanters develeopment as an NBA athlete. Drinking no alcohol, no parties and a frugal lifestyle is nothing bad for basketball player, especially if he plays for Utah. Hakan Sükür was the best turkisch soccer player of all time and dude was also part of this politcal group. So Utah could be the best place to play ball, for a NBA player part of the Gulen movement.

It´s Enes decision to be a part of them. It´s just not a good choice for himself personally.

Interesting, thanks for the insight. I just... am I the only one that has seen 2 Kanters? The pre-political, tweeting himself just having some teenager fun etc... bull Kanter, and the political but soft-minded when it comes to basketball Kanter? There seems to have been a turning point at that time for some reason...

Interesting, thanks for the insight. I just... am I the only one that has seen 2 Kanters? The pre-political, tweeting himself just having some teenager fun etc... bull Kanter, and the political but soft-minded when it comes to basketball Kanter? There seems to have been a turning point at that time for some reason...

Yes, Kanter came close to them after his shoulder injury. He was 21 years old and had some bad luck for the last 4 years. His Dad was part of them and maybe he was in need for spiritually and tried to be a better person by joining them, too...
Before the Gulen Movement Kanter was more of a BIG-CITY guy, after that he really changed his behaviour.

I think this is pretty simple. Rudy Gobert has emerged as the center of the future. Given Quin's system that uses spacing and pick-and-rolls, Favors fits in a bit better than Kanter does, even though Kanter is more skilled offensively. That puts Kanter on the bench when he could be a 35-minute starter, getting paid and putting up double-doubles every night in the Eastern Conference.

There is nothing new here. It happens all the time. Players want to get more opportunity and make more money. Kanter's better opportunity is somewhere else. His interests are diametrically opposed to the Jazz organization's. It's no different than Boozer wanting to get traded or Millsap leaving to get a more featured role with another team.

1rst year = Postmoves

For a guy who has the midrange shot in his repertoire for 3 years he really sucks at midrange shots.

He can only shoot 3's from one corner of the court, and he isn't even good.

Hes the 3rd best big on a 19 win team.

I am to. This is like the spoiled rich kid who got a new puppy for Christmas and forgets his good old hound. Gobert is the new puppy so Kanter is out in the snow.