What's new

Enes Kanter Eurobasket Stats

BYE

So I was just looking at Kanter's stats and thought some of you might find them interesting.

Enes Kanter per 36 min.: 19.4 pts; 7.9 rbs; 1 ast; .6 stls; 1.2 blks; 2.2 TO's; 3.2 fls (shooting 59% and 7 fts).

It's a limited sample, but all we have. His rebounds are a bit disturbing (hopefully its due to his lack of defensive acclimation/position). For a 19-year old on this team, his points look good. Another thing is his blocks. He was shafted a few times on his block numbers, so they should be higher. It's not fantastic, but not abysmal. If anything, Enes should dominate Euroleague in the future. Let's hope the NBA as well!

Good but not great stats. But this kid has a ton of room to grow. And in my opinion, he will.

Good but not great stats. But this kid has a ton of room to grow. And in my opinion, he will.

Its the best stats together with Preldzic in turkish team, there is no single player in turkish team who is in top 50 scorers in the tournament

Hopefully, his so-so rebounding is due to the team wanting him to focus on scoring. That'll drop the rebounds, especially for a young guy...

So I was just looking at Kanter's stats and thought some of you might find them interesting.

Enes Kanter per 36 min.: 19.4 pts; 7.9 rbs; 1 ast; .6 stls; 1.2 blks; 2.2 TO's; 3.2 fls (shooting 59% and 7 fts).

It's a limited sample, but all we have. His rebounds are a bit disturbing (hopefully its due to his lack of defensive acclimation/position). For a 19-year old on this team, his points look good. Another thing is his blocks. He was shafted a few times on his block numbers, so they should be higher. It's not fantastic, but not abysmal. If anything, Enes should dominate Euroleague in the future. Let's hope the NBA as well!

Lets hope he does not play in the Euroleague. That would be a bad sign for the NBA. Of course would not mind if he plays there until NBA season starts. Remember he is not signed with us so he could stay in Europe this year if he got a big enough contract.

The best fit for Kanter would be to play with a % 100 healthy Okur as much as possible. He is very mechanical in his post up moves and he would need every inch of space
created by the Okur outside threath. I also think they would complement each other very well from what I have seen of him. Okur + Kanter a much better fit then Okur + Boozer?

The best fit for Kanter would be to play with a % 100 healthy Okur as much as possible. He is very mechanical in his post up moves and he would need every inch of space
created by the Okur outside threath. I also think they would complement each other very well from what I have seen of him. Okur + Kanter a much better fit then Okur + Boozer?
I am much more interested in seeing what Kanter can do alongside Millsap (for whom EK provides more defense than AJ or MO) or Jefferson (for whom EK provides more height than PM or MO).

per 36 mins, 20 points and 9 boards are not just good, those are great numbers! in european basketball, they play much slower on the offensive end, much settings and the defense seems more intense as it is in the nba. it is like play-off basketball in the nba, where the defense gets more intense and the offense slower. and enes had to guard many perimeter oriented jump shooting big men, which made him leave his area and because of that, he was not always in the best rebounding position, so his reboudning numbers will be better. and on offense, there was no ball movement, no pick n' rolls, bad coaching, no passing and guards just chucking for three's. he scored on many putbacks. so his scoring and rebounding numbers are excellent if you consider for which team he played and that he hasn't played real organised basketball for two years and he is just a young kid of 19 years.

Kanter + anyone is better than Boozer+ that player

I am much more interested in seeing what Kanter can do alongside Millsap (for whom EK provides more defense than AJ or MO) or Jefferson (for whom EK provides more height than PM or MO).

What makes you think Kanter provides more defense than Jefferson? I didn't see much help defense by Kanter during Eurobasket, and Jefferson is a good post defender (not help defender).

What makes you think Kanter provides more defense than Jefferson? I didn't see much help defense by Kanter during Eurobasket, and Jefferson is a good post defender (not help defender).

His feet move. He rotates.

His feet move. He rotates.
And he puts forth effort.

And he's nary a rookie -> bad NBA habits haven't been developed yet.

And he hasn't received accolades of being on the All-NBA No-Defense team like Jefferson has.
(That's a pretty low bar for the Underkanter to leap over.)