What's new

Enes Kanter Top Ten plays of 2013-2014

For a below the rim type of player, Kanter really seems pretty comfortable while he is jumping for his dunks.

For a below the rim type of player, Kanter really seems pretty comfortable while he is jumping for his dunks.
That's what makes me optimistic about Enes.He is starting to slam dunk the ball around the rim.I remember him never dunking and always putting the ball up softly around the rim .Go Kanter,I believe

Reactions: ema
he is gonna drop bombs from 3 this year. hopefully good d too :)

#whynotbeoptimistic

I think the emphasis on pace this upcoming season will help Kanter a lot, and not hurt him. He excels at running the floor, and has the ability to be one of the first players down the court.

A lot of his naysayers say he will be the odd man out because we won't be throwing the ball in to the post Al Jefferson style, and then waiting. I say that style is what hurt him. If you look at his style in the Nike Hoops Summit game, his moves are quick and decisive. He dropped 34 pts in that game at age 17, effectively setting a new record:

[video=youtube_share;6YzbhAQGPqk]https://youtu.be/6YzbhAQGPqk

The past couple of years it made sense for him to play like Big Al, because that is who Corbin loved, and how Corbin wanted him to play.

I really believe Quin's system will help Kanter to blossom, not ruin him. He'll still need to learn how to be a better defender and passer, but I believe he can do it. His new role model won't be Al Jefferson. He'll start to form his own identity.

A fast paced system that emphasizes floor spacing seems like a good thing for a big man who can run the floor, and by all accounts, can shoot the three.

I predict 16.5 points and 8.7 rebounds for Kanter this season.

i think he will average more rebounds. I think his minutes will be 30+ also.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];890564 said:
There's no denying that Kanter looked a bit awkward on a few of those plays. His highlights.
It's not much about what has been said. It's about who said it and why.

franklin is one of those marked ones for me about Kanter. I still can't figure out his genuine intentions. Vermin is much clear, he hates the guy to the guts.

i think he will average more rebounds. I think his minutes will be 30+ also.

I think it'll be hard for him to get more than 9 rebounds a game since he shares the court with Favors.

Of the two, I'd bet on Favors averaging double digit rebounds over Kanter, and it's rare for two players on the same team to both average double digit boards.

Meh.

A little bit more passion, franklin. Vermin is much better at this than you are.

It's not much about what has been said. It's about who said it and why.

franklin is one of those marked ones for me about Kanter. I still can't figure out his genuine intentions. Vermin is much clear, he hates the guy to the guts.

I don't like to make posts like that in the summer TBH. It's a time to hope for everyone on the team to improve and I'm not going to get ultra-dickish hating on someone who appears to be a genuinely good dude. If you want negative passion from me you'll have to wait a few months.

I think it'll be hard for him to get more than 9 rebounds a game since he shares the court with Favors.

Of the two, I'd bet on Favors averaging double digit rebounds over Kanter, and it's rare for two players on the same team to both average double digit boards.

Rebound #'s will depend on Coaching strategy IMO. I'm not making any predictions on any of that, but Kanter has been an excellent rebounder in the past and may well be again this season.

Rebound #'s will depend on Coaching strategy IMO. I'm not making any predictions on any of that, but Kanter has been an excellent rebounder in the past and may well be again this season.

especially with his offensive rebound ability.

I still can't quite figure out how good he is going to be.

He's this weird mix of strong but not athletic. Skilled but kinda dumb.