What's new

ESPN-2012 NBA Player Rankings

Westbrook is really good. But I would trust Deron in a big game over Westbrook right now. And he makes his teammates better. Runs the offense better. Although I will agree Westbrook is a far superior athlete to Deron. Westbrook could easily become better than Deron. He just has to put it all together. I actually think Westbrook could crack the top five someday.

Deron is a better passer. Westbrook is a better shooter, scorer, rebounder and turns the ball over less. I think Deron has regressed the last year and a half in NJ, maybe due to injury.

Deron is a better passer. Westbrook is a better shooter, scorer, rebounder and turns the ball over less. I think Deron has regressed the last year and a half in NJ, maybe due to injury.

I'll agree that Deron has been less than impressive lately. It could be a number of reasons. Who knows. I just know, I have seen Deron ball out before. We''ll see if his new team helps.

Are they ranking them as assets or current skill level? I'm assuming current skill level.

They're ranked based on what the rankers think. They told a bunch of people to rank every NBA player on a scale of one to ten. However the rankers do so is their business.

They're ranked based on what the rankers think. They told a bunch of people to rank every NBA player on a scale of one to ten. However the rankers do so is their business.

Seems kind of dumb. Would be interesting, and probly a lot harder, to rank them as assets. Bill Simmons does a top 50 NBA player trade value column every year that is pretty awesome.

we're not going to have 4 guys in the top 60 (or thereabouts). if you think about distribution there, that implies that most team's third guy is worse than our fourth best. if we were that loaded at the top, we would have played past the first week of may.

Predictions for where the rest of our players will end up. I don't agree with this, but this is how I think they will be ranked. Just off the top of my head.

Jefferson - 24
Millsap- 25

Hayward- 41
Favors- 45

Mo Williams - 62
Marvin Williams- 68
Randy Foye- 69

Alec Burks- 87

Jamal Tinsley- 101
Earl Watson- 106

Enes Kanter 250

Whoa, easy there.
My guess-

Paul Milsap- 45
Al Jefferson- 46
Hayward- 57
Favors- 61

Rest will be ranked below 100.

No way in hell Earl Watson should sniff anyone past 300.

Whoa, easy there.
My guess-

Paul Milsap- 45
Al Jefferson- 46
Hayward- 57
Favors- 61

Haha. I did kind of aim high. Didn't I?

We''ll see. Maybe our back-end guys I gave too much credit to. But I think you might be under estimating our top guys.

Haha. I did kind of aim high. Didn't I?

We''ll see. Maybe our back-end guys I gave too much credit to. But I think you might be under estimating our top guys.

Last year Al and Paul were 52 and 57. I'm thinking I overestimated the 2....

Whoa, easy there.
My guess-

Paul Milsap- 45
Al Jefferson- 46
Hayward- 57
Favors- 61

I went and looked at last years rankings, and I think you have Paul and Al in the right place. They were ranked too low last year.

Harden was 58. That's crazy. He should make a huge jump this time around.

Deron is still a much better point guard than Russell.

His New Jersey teams so far have been D-League garbage.

I think he'll do much better in Brooklyn-- actual team mates, a healthy Brooke, and a good chance of actual fans.

It's also interesting to note that ESPN has a tweet below Carroll's listing that isn't even about him. From @UTAaronBurgin: Dominique Jones was like, "We traded Jet? Yeah, I'm about to blow up-...wait..they signed OJ Mayo? I ain't ever gonna play!" #nbarank

Nice work Worldwide Leader in Sports.

It's also interesting to note that ESPN has a tweet below Carroll's listing that isn't even about him. From @UTAaronBurgin: Dominique Jones was like, "We traded Jet? Yeah, I'm about to blow up-...wait..they signed OJ Mayo? I ain't ever gonna play!" #nbarank

Nice work Worldwide Leader in Sports.

**** ESPN! Yep, it filtered it but I think you got it.