What's new

ESPN predicts Jazz finish 5th.

Small increments =/= huge jumps.
Hood, Burks have already produced high stats over a full season. Burks was very productive before he got injured. I'd be very surprised if Hood went from 15 to 21 ppg with a good efficiency next season.
Also think Rudy is already playing at a VERY HIGH level. Don't see a gigantic breakthrough. He already did that.

Hood didn't have a big jump until January, where he averaged about 5ppg more than Nov/Dec. He also slowed down at the end of the year. He could have a big jump, similar to what McCollum had last year. Who on the Blazers is going to have a big jump? Burks hasn't been healthy, so his normal production on the court makes the Jazz better too. I just don't see anyone on the Blazers making a big jump. Most of their guys are hustle guys that can play defense and/or rebound. None are dynamic offensive player other than McCollum/Lillard who already had their "huge jumps"

Jazz
C- Rudy Gobert/Boris Diaw/Jeff Withey/Tibor Pleiss
PF- Derrick Favors/Trey Lyles
SF- Gordon Hayward/Joe Johnson/Joe Ingles
SG- Rodney Hood/Alec Burks
PG- George Hill/Dante Exum/Shelvin Mack/Raul Neto

Every time I see this it still looks like one of those depth charts somebody would have been mocked for making at the end of last year.

"Hey guys I think we could make enough moves and have THIS roster!"

"LOL, Hill isn't available for our Trash and no way do we get Johnson and Diaw to come off our bench."

"Yeah, check out THESE guys in the D-League. . ."

Additionally I expect the NBA in General to have a better counter for small ball. This will hurt Portland far more than it will Golden State.

Blazers finish better then the Jazz, Just like I predicted last year. Whats funny is so many of you use injuries as an excuse but Memphis was injured also and still made playoffs. Yet you think Jazz are going leap frog them? Jazz finish from 6th to 9th in Western. Book it. I was right last year and ill be right this year. With a healthy Russ OKC is the better team...

Do you people realize the Blazers have one thing the Jazz do not? A Bonafied star.. Stars win in the NBA and the Jazz have ZERO stars, Packed full of role players and I admit this but no stars. So thinking they are top 4 team is Homerism to its finest.

Blazers finish better then the Jazz, Just like I predicted last year. Whats funny is so many of you use injuries as an excuse but Memphis was injured also and still made playoffs. Yet you think Jazz are going leap frog them? Jazz finish from 6th to 9th in Western. Book it. I was right last year and ill be right this year. With a healthy Russ OKC is the better team...

Memphis literally limped into the playoffs. They went 5-13 in the last month. If the season was 85 games, they wouldn't have made the playoffs. If they were healthy, they would have been the 3 or 4 seed.

Do you people realize the Blazers have one thing the Jazz do not? A Bonafied star.. Stars win in the NBA and the Jazz have ZERO stars, Packed full of role players and I admit this but no stars. So thinking they are top 4 team is Homerism to its finest.

Thinking they are a top 4 team, when most experts expect them to finish in the top 5, yep thats just total homerism... And the Blazers Bonafied star, didn't make the all-star game (I admit he should have) but he is not a top 10 player, maybe the 5th best player at his positions. Sacramento has a "bonafied star" in Cousins and missed the playoffs. NO has a "Banafied star" in Davis and missed the playoffs. Houston has a "bonified star" in Harden, and almost missed the playoffs. 1 player who is an all-star doesn't make them better than a team who has more talent at every other position, and more depth. They might be better than the Jazz next year, but its not total homerism to thing that the more talented team top to bottom will be better.

The Jazz were a better team than the Blazers last year. The Blazers were just lucky enough to avoid the injury bug for the most part while we weren't.

Look at the depth charts

Jazz
C- Rudy Gobert/Boris Diaw/Jeff Withey/Tibor Pleiss
PF- Derrick Favors/Trey Lyles
SF- Gordon Hayward/Joe Johnson/Joe Ingles
SG- Rodney Hood/Alec Burks
PG- George Hill/Dante Exum/Shelvin Mack/Raul Neto

Blazers
C- Mason Plumlee/Meyers Leonard/Festus Ezeli
PF- Al Farouq Aminu/Ed Davis/Noah Vonleh
SF- Evan Turner/Moe Harkless/Luis Montero/Jake Layman
SG- CJ McCollum/Allen Crabbe/Pat Connaughton
PG- Damian Lillard/Shabazz Napier

We have better balance, more depth, more versatility, and more growth potential in our roster. Nobody should be thinking the Blazers finish ahead of the Jazz next year.
Good post and I agree.
They do have a star player though.

Still, I definitely think we are better than them. Easily

You are so dumb though

You are so dumb though
Like so, so dumb.

And let's not forget, nocoloradojazz gets it wrong 90% of the time but likes to talk about the 1 out of 10 times he's right all the time.

Like so, so dumb.

And let's not forget, nocoloradojazz gets it wrong 90% of the time but likes to talk about the 1 out of 10 times he's right all the time.

False you clown. I get it right 90 percent and wrong 10 percent... Go back and look at the history. Like it or not I am right most of the time. Jazz a 3 or 4 seed like some around here think is justy laughable. Who last team to not make playoffs and then jump to a 4 or higher seed without a talent like Lebron,, Face it you have ZERO stars just like you yourself have ZERO bball brains cells.... Stars win in this league period.

Dude you have a picture of someone who looks handicapped and you are calling me dumb.. LOL
Ya, I call you dumb because you are dumb. Not because of what your avatar is.

False you clown. I get it right 90 percent and wrong 10 percent... Go back and look at the history. Like it or not I am right most of the time. Jazz a 3 or 4 seed like some around here think is justy laughable. Who last team to not make playoffs and then jump to a 4 or higher seed without a talent like Lebron,, Face it you have ZERO stars just like you yourself have ZERO bball brains cells.... Stars win in this league period.

I guess you're right since the Jazz got rid of Trey Burke. They no longer have a certain star on the team. Amirite?

. Who last team to not make playoffs and then jump to a 4 or higher seed without a talent like Lebron.

Jazz did just that Deron Williams 2nd season. Raptors went from like 10th to third a couple seasons ago. I'm sure there are plenty of other teams but that is off the top of my head.

The Grizzlies were 42-40 and the Jazz were 40-42. Do you understand how small the difference is between those two records? Not a very good way to prove your point.

Stars win in the playoffs but teams win in the regular season. Demarcus Cousins is a star but he isn't going to the playoffs because his team sucks. James Harden and Anthony Davis are stars but they probably won't be going to the playoffs because their teams aren't very good. The Jazz are a good team. And they now have the depth and veteran play that was needed to overcome their two biggest weaknesses last year, injuries and closing games. They are a better TEAM than Portland.

Stars win in the playoffs but teams win in the regular season. Demarcus Cousins is a star but he isn't going to the playoffs because his team sucks. James Harden and Anthony Davis are stars but they probably won't be going to the playoffs because their teams aren't very good. The Jazz are a good team. And they now have the depth and veteran play that was needed to overcome their two biggest weaknesses last year, injuries and closing games. They are a better TEAM than Portland.
Cousins is a good enough talent he should be making the playoffs with his teams of the past two years. He can't mentally handle being a leader though.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk