What's new

EuroBasket Thread

Italy was up 7 with 2:14 to go. They scored 2 points to France’s 9 from that point on. They choked so hard.

Fontecchio really blew it though missing both free throws. If he makes at least one that forces France to take a 3 instead of a 2 to tie.

EuroBasket rules really play into Gobert’s favor so he dominates even more than normal.

I miss rooting for Gobert. I hope he wins with the Wolves, the guy truly deserves it. Kinda wish we fire-saled Donovan first, got these pieces, and then thought long and hard about whether pairing Rudy with Sexton, Simone, and Markannen might work. Still, I understand why we didn't.

- George

Fontecchio is really good. You can tell he just isnt a high quality shot creator though. He's lethal with that one dribble pull-up and he can make tough shots, but not a guy who can create great shots. Really is a very similar player to Bogey.
True, but I’m excited to get a very similar player at 26 with a reasonable 2 year, $6.5 million contract (and team control beyond that) vs. the 33 year old version on a $19 million expiring contract.

I’m glad the Jazz pulled the trigger when they did. . . otherwise, Fontecchio would’ve cost a LOT more to bring over. Looking like a bargain right now. Wish he would’ve been able to pull out the game today. Would’ve really enjoyed seeing Finland and Italy in the finals - still. . . I’m glad they’re both done and still healthy. Watching Gallo go down raised my anxiety for off-season work for our guys this year.

Looks like we might get the classic heavyweight battle of France vs Spain even though they are both fielding much less talented teams than usual.

I miss rooting for Gobert. I hope he wins with the Wolves, the guy truly deserves it. Kinda wish we fire-saled Donovan first, got these pieces, and then thought long and hard about whether pairing Rudy with Sexton, Simone, and Markannen might work. Still, I understand why we didn't.

- George
I can understand this thinking but what we got offered for a 30 year old Gobert isnt something you can say no to.