What's new

EuroBasket Thread

Lauri might turn into the best piece for us in that trade. I really really like him. I liked him as a prospect too... no idea why he hasn't taken the jump yet, but he will have every chance to do it. It's interesting that he they played him as a 3-4 big wing type in Cleveland since he had good defensive duo of front court players behind him. Wonder if he can hold his own in that role for us without having such defensive players to cover for him?

We could’ve had:

Sexton
Bojan
Lauri
Gobert

Then be able to go shopping with Conley’s contract and a whole bunch of first rounders.
As a massive fan of Rudy, it would’ve been interesting to see what the team would’ve looked like if they had made the Mitchell trade and retooled around Gobert.

Unfortunately, I don’t think the return would’ve propelled the team into contention and a couple of these contracts are going to expire or become onerous quickly.

Still love Rudy - even if I’m rooting for his team to suck this year.

We could’ve had:

Sexton
Bojan
Lauri
Gobert

Then be able to go shopping with Conley’s contract and a whole bunch of first rounders.
I was the only one (well I think Ferg did a little too) who was screaming to sign Lauri last year when we had the chance. I think the luxury tax stopped us.

I follow the Locke PAC ratings. Lauri has always been a net positive and Sexton is also a bigger positive than Mitchell. The defense could be a problem ( that's Lauri problem and it indirectly messes up his offense too due to being benched) and the second unit will likely be what tanks us. But dang, our starting unit could be more productive on offense than last year!

Ironically we are two all stars away from being in the top 4 in the West. We could draft a couple this year, if not I would use most of our draft capital to trade for two allstars next year unless a bargain falls into our laps this season (Ayton, Brown).

Last edited:
As a massive fan of Rudy, it would’ve been interesting to see what the team would’ve looked like if they had made the Mitchell trade and retooled around Gobert.

Unfortunately, I don’t think the return would’ve propelled the team into contention and a couple of these contracts are going to expire or become onerous quickly.

Still love Rudy - even if I’m rooting for his team to suck this year.
What I'm frustrated with is it seemed like there wasn't any interest in seizing an opportunity to acquire him when his offseason situation was in a ton of flux last year. Maybe instead of using a 1st to dump Favors, packaging a 1st with Favors and some **** to make it happen. I don't know. He seemed very available for any team willing to put in a good faith offer.

I've always been high on Lauri, and he looks ****ing awesome.