What's new

EuroBasket Thread

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm actually more excited this season than last season. Last year, it seemed that we were retreading the tires and had made no real improvements. The chemistry issues were clear and there was no discernible direction. Although the wins may not be there, I feel that these young, hungry players will be fun to watch. Markkanen may really take off and Fontecchio is not so old that he can't be a part of the rebuild.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm actually more excited this season than last season. Last year, it seemed that we were retreading the tires and had made no real improvements. The chemistry issues were clear and there was no discernible direction. Although the wins may not be there, I feel that these young, hungry players will be fun to watch. Markkanen may really take off and Fontecchio is not so old that he can't be a part of the rebuild.
This actually scares me. The last thing we need is to win 34 games and end up with the 10th pick in the draft, or later. We need a solid shot at the top, meaning bottom 4 record. Then at least we can use picks to move up when the ping pong balls don't fall our way. But we get the 12th or later and we are stuck in lottery purgatory, and that is the worst case scenario. I hope these guys figure it out, but I hope it takes them 2-3 seasons so we can load up on star power and then have everything fall into place and run to the top for a long-awaited Jazz dynasty!

France just absolutely smacked Poland. I bet over 79.5 for France total points and they hit 80 with half the quarter to go in the 4th.

Yabusele being good is the biggest revelation for the French this year. Helps off set how disappointing their top guard prospects have been.