What's new

Evaluate young (potential) Jazz players

idiot

Since the trade market is seemingly in perpetual limbo, just curious what value you would give to the following players as (potential) Jazzmen moving forward on a scale of 0-100. Don't do a salary-dependent evaluation, but rather just a player quality/potential evaluation. Let's say Luka = 100, Grayson Allen = 50, and Justin Wright-Foreman (or insert your own favorite who had no positive effect in the NBA) = 0. If enough people do this, I'll try to calculate an average Jazzfanz rank for these guys. If you don't feel like you know enough to guess for any particular player, just leave the score blank for the player.

• Simone Fontecchio
  • RJ Barrett
  • Tyler Hero
  • Quentin Grimes
  • Jarred Vanderbilt
  • Obi Toppin
  • Leandro Bolmaro
  • Immanuel Quickley
  • Jared Butler
  • Malik Beasley
  • Walker Kessler
  • Udoka Azubuike
  • Johnny Juzang
  • Xavier Sneed
  • Nickeil Alexander-Walker
  • Miles McBride
  • Cam Reddish
  • Nikola Jovic
  • Omer Yurtseven
  • Max Strus
  • Johnny Davis
  • Deni Avdija
  • Corey Kispert
  • Rui Hachimura
  • Keegan Murray
  • Kevin Heurter
  • Davion Mitchell
  • Kai Jones
  • James Bouknight
  • PJ Washington

Here's my evaluations:

• Simone Fontecchio -- 41
  • RJ Barrett -- 72
  • Tyler Hero -- 70
  • Quentin Grimes -- 54
  • Jarred Vanderbilt -- 59
  • Obi Toppin -- 49
  • Leandro Bolmaro -- 32
  • Immanuel Quickley -- 52
  • Jared Butler -- 26
  • Malik Beasley -- 60
  • Walker Kessler -- 60
  • Udoka Azubuike -- 39
  • Johnny Juzang -- 12
  • Xavier Sneed -- 3
  • Nickeil Alexander-Walker -- 38
  • Miles McBride -- 28
  • Cam Reddish -- 37
  • Nikola Jovic -- 39
  • Omer Yurtseven -- 41
  • Max Strus -- 58
  • Johnny Davis -- 55
  • Deni Avdija -- 63
  • Corey Kispert -- 52
  • Rui Hachimura -- 59
  • Keegan Murray -- 70
  • Kevin Heurter -- 60
  • Davion Mitchell -- 47
  • Kai Jones -- 30
  • James Bouknight -- 33
  • PJ Washington -- 70

• Simone Fontecchio - 50
  • RJ Barrett - 70
  • Tyler Hero - 70
  • Quentin Grimes - 60
  • Jarred Vanderbilt - 60
  • Obi Toppin - 60
  • Leandro Bolmaro - 50
  • Immanuel Quickley - 45
  • Jared Butler - 35
  • Malik Beasley
  • Walker Kessler - 55
  • Udoka Azubuike - 40
  • Johnny Juzang - 20
  • Xavier Sneed - 10
  • Nickeil Alexander-Walker - 45
  • Miles McBride - 40
  • Cam Reddish - 55
  • Nikola Jovic - 40
  • Omer Yurtseven - 25
  • Max Strus - 50
  • Johnny Davis - 60
  • Deni Avdija - 65
  • Corey Kispert - 45
  • Rui Hachimura - 60
  • Keegan Murray - 70
  • Kevin Heurter - 55
  • Davion Mitchell - 60
  • Kai Jones - 45
  • James Bouknight - 50
  • PJ Washington -50

Everyone can be a 100!! They just have to believe!

im-good-enough-im-smart-enough.gif

This is how I would rank them (I didn't include those I don't know, don't care about, or aren't young):

Potential stars:
[*]Keegan Murray
[*]RJ Barrett

Potential Starters/6th Men
[*]Tyler Hero
[*]Obi Toppin
[*]Quentin Grimes
[*]Jarred Vanderbilt
[*]Davion Mitchell
[*]Walker Kessler

Potential Rotation Players
[*]Immanuel Quickley
[*]Nikola Jovic
[*]Deni Avdija
[*]PJ Washington
[*]Corey Kispert
[*]Jared Butler
[*]Leandro Bolmaro

This is how I would rank them (I didn't include those I don't know, don't care about, or aren't young):

Potential stars:
[*]Keegan Murray
[*]RJ Barrett

Potential Starters/6th Men
[*]Tyler Hero
[*]Obi Toppin
[*]Quentin Grimes
[*]Jarred Vanderbilt
[*]Davion Mitchell
[*]Walker Kessler

Potential Rotation Players
[*]Immanuel Quickley
[*]Nikola Jovic
[*]Deni Avdija
[*]PJ Washington
[*]Corey Kispert
[*]Jared Butler
[*]Leandro Bolmaro
Deni is very underrated if he's just a potential rotation player to you. He's a potential all-defensive team type player.

I'll probably just rank them all relative to each other.

Hardest one for me is Johnny Davis because I did like him pre-draft, but he did do very badly in his SL performance. I had him 9th on my final big board right behind Keegan Murray at 8.

Immanuel Quickley is super underrated on here it seems.

Eh, I have learned to be very, very careful of the reputation of "young stars" that play for the Lakers or Knicks. Generally, the positives are quite inflated. I actually think the talent we got back from Minny is just as good if not better than the Knicks guys, and I'm not all in on our Minny players.

I was channel surfing last night and came upon the Edmonton Stingers vs the Saskatoon Rattlers of the Canadian Elite Professional Basketball League. This is a spring summer league planned around the NBA, GLeague and overseas league seasons. The Rattlers won the game and their stars were Tony Carr and Devonte Bandoo. Carr was pushed by some on this board to be a first round pick in 2018 when the Jazz drafted Grayson Allen. He was eventually taken in the 2nd round by the Pels as a 6'5" point guard. Bandoo has won a national junior college championship an NCAA championship at Baylor and was the Big 12 sixth man of the year award winner. Former Stars player Malik Benlevi plays for the Rattlers to put the level of talent in perspective. Both Carr and Bandoo might be worth an Exhibit 10 contract to bring to camp for either a two way slot or being on the Stars roster ultimately.

Immanuel Quickley is super underrated on here it seems.
I like him but could see him as a small shooting guard off the bench that can come in and get hot or there might be a lot more if you believe his end of season run in extended garbage time. His on/off splits were amazing but those can get noisy.

I'd be really intrigued to see what he could do as a point guardish type player given some space to explore the room. Toppin and Quickley at least would be fun to watch on a lotto team.

I like him but could see him as a small shooting guard off the bench that can come in and get hot or there might be a lot more if you believe his end of season run in extended garbage time. His on/off splits were amazing but those can get noisy.

I'd be really intrigued to see what he could do as a point guardish type player given some space to explore the room. Toppin and Quickley at least would be fun to watch on a lotto team.

I’m not saying he’s going to be an all-star but rating himself the same as NAW is comical. Well… actually NAW is going to net us a 1st so maybe it’s not that egregious.

Eh, I have learned to be very, very careful of the reputation of "young stars" that play for the Lakers or Knicks. Generally, the positives are quite inflated. I actually think the talent we got back from Minny is just as good if not better than the Knicks guys, and I'm not all in on our Minny players.
lmao so just be a contrarian to counteract big market bias?

Also a lot of the young stars out of LA in the Davis traded ended up being very very good.