What's new

Extend Malik Beasley

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Since the lakers game on nov 7 Beasley is 44-96 from 3 (46%)

Thats an average of 5-11 from three per game.

His efficiency and volume just goes up the more minutes he gets too. He is only averaging 26 minutes per game for the season but during his recent hot streak his minutes have increased by a decent amount and he only got better. Defenses are more focused on him yet he only gets better. He almost seems to shoot better if he is tightly contested when he shoots.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

HeatCheck

I doubt Agbaji can fill beasleys shoes. In fact there almost no one in the nba that can fill his shoes.

The volume of 3’s he has been taking the last 10 games or so combined with the efficiency is extremely elite. Hell, he might be the best 3 point shooter in the league right now.

Agbaji was a 40% 3 pt shooter his last year at Kansas but 100% agree that Beasley is one of the best in the league when he gets hot.
Ainge certainly cannot just give him away. He better make sure to have another sure fire shooter on the roster if they do deal him. Based on the eye test, his college stats, G League stats, etc maybe Agbaji can be a replacement but we really have no way of really knowing until he plays in actual NBA games. I agree it would be a huge stretch to expect him to duplicate these Malik levels of shooting hot streaks.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Agbaji was a 40% 3 pt shooter his last year at Kansas but 100% agree that Beasley is one of the best in the league when he gets hot.
Ainge certainly cannot just give him away. He better make sure to have another sure fire shooter on the roster if they do deal him. Based on the eye test, his college stats, G League stats, etc maybe Agbaji can be a replacement but we really have no way of really knowing until he plays in actual NBA games. I agree it would be a huge stretch to expect him to duplicate these Malik levels of shooting hot streaks.

Either way i wish Agjabi was getting some minutes each game.

HeatCheck

Either way i wish Agjabi was getting some minutes each game.

Yeah but I think it's a numbers game. I don't even think Beas is getting enough minutes tbh.
Clarkson is 6'-5. Beasley is 6'-4". THT is 6'-4". Agbaji is 6'5". Alot of overlap of size/skills with JC, Beas, and Agbaji. THT brings some defense and ballhandling on his good days.
I really wish one of these guys was closer to 6'-8". Fontecchio is really our only viable big wing on the roster. He can get hot shooting the rock too but has deficiencies in every other part of his game.Too bad we can meld Simone's shooting and size with THT's wingspan, defense and ballhandling. We would have a really nice wing prospect on our hands.

HermanG

Every time this guy has an open look I 100% think he is gonna make it. The stroke, delivery, arc.. all look so smooth.

100% extend if he is not being outrageous with his demands. He is a little bit of a one trick pony, but it happens to be the best possible trick.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Every time this guy has an open look I 100% think he is gonna make it. The stroke, delivery, arc.. all look so smooth.

100% extend if he is not being outrageous with his demands. He is a little bit of a one trick pony, but it happens to be the best possible trick.
It sounds like he wants his option for next year picked up… tack two more years on that deal at 8% raises and I feel great about it.

My concerns with Beasley are all off court. I know he’s in therapy and working through his stuff but it wasn’t good. One stupid relapse and he could be out the league Miles Bridges style… which is why he needs to prove it over the long term. Any extension needs to wait until the trade deadline.

Of all the guys that are on the table (according to recent publications) I think Malik is the guy I’d have the hardest time moving…. He’s on an absolute heater right now… I’m not sure this is quite who he is over the whole season… but he’s been awesome.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
It sounds like he wants his option for next year picked up… tack two more years on that deal at 8% raises and I feel great about it.

My concerns with Beasley are all off court. I know he’s in therapy and working through his stuff but it wasn’t good. One stupid relapse and he could be out the league Miles Bridges style… which is why he needs to prove it over the long term. Any extension needs to wait until the trade deadline.

Of all the guys that are on the table (according to recent publications) I think Malik is the guy I’d have the hardest time moving…. He’s on an absolute heater right now… I’m not sure this is quite who he is over the whole season… but he’s been awesome.

What was/is his off the court stuff? I heard alot about it without any actual specifics

Tremendous Upside

Engorged On Unborn Gore

Nothing major, just threatened a family with an automatic rifle while apparently high as F...

LOL... nothing kills extension talk like getting high and pointing a rifle at a family.

Danny is gonna maximize that asset by the deadline.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Nothing major, just threatened a family with an automatic rifle while apparently high as F...

There was also some stuff when they searched his home and home security tape with him pointing a gun at his kid if I recall correct… will dig into it. There is also some BS with with a girl he was seeing and taking a gun to threaten a member of the Broncos… something like that. There is just enough stuff there to show it wasn’t just a one off… all stuff he can recover from obviously but I’d want to be sure if I was investing long term.