What's new

Extend Ty

Here a few new specifics.
Hayward played at the 2
Favors stayed in after 2 fouls. He was allowed to play
Favors played some time at the 5
Bell saw his minutes reduced to 18.
Harris was benched early for poor play which seemed to motivate him.

You do realize that he had planned to bench Favors, who turned out to be the key to the victory as much as anyone. He got bailed out by Big Slow's bum ankle.

Ty is still indecisive and confused and making some bad decisions. Props to him though for pulling Harris early.

You do realize that he had planned to bench Favors, who turned out to be the key to the victory as much as anyone. He got bailed out by Big Slow's bum ankle.

Ty is still indecisive and confused and making some bad decisions. Props to him though for pulling Harris early.

Yes I am aware. I never said Ty did an outstanding job. Just that he showed improvement. Big Al went down and Ty made the right decision from that. He could have pulled Favors at two fouls and thrown in Kanter.

Yes I am aware. I never said Ty did an outstanding job. Just that he showed improvement. Big Al went down and Ty made the right decision from that. He could have pulled Favors at two fouls and thrown in Kanter.

I think that Favors went quite a while before getting foul number 2. He was playing great and it would have been blatantly stupid to pull him.

"Big Al went down and he made the right decision from that?" How hard was that? I mean how many options did he have? It was either start the rookie or the second year guy at C. You are giving him props for that? When he had already shown that he was ready to bench Favors?

I am going to wait until 10 to 20 games to really judge this team and this coach. But I have yet to see one thing that recommends Ty, and many that don't.

Here a few new specifics.
Hayward played at the 2
Favors stayed in after 2 fouls. He was allowed to play
Favors played some time at the 5
Bell saw his minutes reduced to 18.
Harris was benched early for poor play which seemed to motivate him.

Yeah, he got two fouls, but he got one in the 1st and one in the 2nd. Not two within 4 minutes of the game starting. Huge difference.

Yeah, he got two fouls, but he got one in the 1st and one in the 2nd. Not two within 4 minutes of the game starting. Huge difference.

But this is Corbin we are talking about. up till now he had shown horrendous management of games. It is a start.

Hey OP, your starting another thread because the Jazz won there game last night? Lol. You probably would of started another Fire Ty thread if they would of lost. Your a moran looser.

While Favors is committing fewer stupid fouls (at least one of his 3 fouls vs. Philly was "stupid"), now the pendulum might have swung the other way. On more than one occasion last night, he let a driving player go by without helping much. That's suboptimal, too. That's almost Boozakuresque.

I'm not too optimistic, but I hope Corbin is now coaching him to be more aggressive but still avoid fouling. Otherwise, Favors will realize that--like Sloan--Corbin is less likely to bench a player for not being aggressive enough than to commit fouls (stupid fouls or not) too quickly. Last night, Utah didn't have Al to share minutes in case of foul trouble, but Favors had only two fouls vs. Denver (albeit in 16 to 18 minutes) and only three last night--along with multiple examples of matador D.

You know he seems like a nice enough guy and has a nice resume with tons of records, a Heisman, 14 pro seasons, etc, but, for all intensive purposes, I don't think they won a game in his first season. That's a problem. Can't extend at this point.

I watched most of the game on my cell, so I had a limited viewpoint. Can anyone be specific about what he did poorly or well? From what I saw I thought he did quite well. Good rotations, responded to mediocre play, and didn't needlessly pull guys that were doing well. Seemed pretty encouraging to me.

The one thing he did real well was shuffling the lineup when the one on the court proved to be inept. He was forced to play Favors and Kanter with Al's absence. But he sat Burks the game after his career high (I guess that's a Sloan tactic) in favor of Bell, who he started. Once again Raja was worthless, and a lineup without him made a great run to end the first half. But then Raja started the 2nd half again. I just don't understand it. I know I like to joke that Ty is retarded, but I really don't think that. At this point I'm grasping onto some shred of hope the only reason Bell is getting minutes is so some team who's shown interest can see he can run up and down the floor.

Harris was real successful when he pushed the tempo, but the Jazz in transition were pretty bad. It's a combo of practice drills and chemistry. I'm sure we'll get much better in that dept as the season rolls along.

But this is Corbin we are talking about. up till now he had shown horrendous management of games. It is a start.

Every game up to now has been a blowout. I'm sure he manages time different when the game is actually competitive for 48 minute as opposed to 30 minutes of competitive game time.

Ty is doing great job trying to find minutes for the young guys. All the while trying to play the vets minutes. Its a tuff job he has.

Ha ha ha ha