EXUM is a PG or SG?

• PG

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • SG

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

sepanol

2018 Prediction Contest Winner
guys i am really curious what do people think about exums natural spot. he seems more like a SG to me than PG. (just like hayward a sg than sf). because he looks more of a scorer than playmaker basically. i really wonder what you think? and with what reasoning?

Hayward looking REALLY good as a small forward fwiw

Hayward handles the ball and initiates plays as much at SF as he did at SG. Not sure the position change is the difference vs. last season. He's simply making shots and is stronger and more aggressive.

As for the OP, Exum absolutely IS and needs to be a PG. That's where the Jazz can create mismatches with his size. In certain matchups he could play SG. But his primary role is PG.

PG because then he gives us the possibility of playing a tweener SG that can light it up. A Kyle Korver type SG that is limited defensively could thrive with Exum also because then the bigs would only have to account for one of the guards rather than 2 on defense. Exum, as quick and long as he is, looks to be an eventual nightmare for opposing points.

PG in today's league is misguided. westbrook, drose, etc they really aren't 1s. the days of traditional PG like good old stockton are long gone. but that's ok. game has changed. exum can be a dynamic player who can be both. he can control the offense and distribute and score. i don't like separating PG/SG. they are guards who has ball in their hands most of the time.

i'll look at exum as a guy who can guard both 1 and 2. call him a combo or whatever, but he will be a dynamic player who can play both role. can he develop a deadly offense like some of the great SGs? i don't know. i hope so.

if you let the kid be a full time pass first PG then ask yourself this -

can exum consistently exploit the matchup?
can exum consistently put the ball in a scoring situation?
can he have good TO/assist ratio?
can he make others better?
can he really be the floor general? smartest guy in the court?

i need him to become a dynamic player who can do it all and produce like stars.

be a bigger drose.
be a faster and bigger parker.
be a dwayde with better court vision.
be a penny with little bit of kobe.

one can only hope.

PG in today's league is misguided. westbrook, drose, etc they really aren't 1s. the days of traditional PG like good old stockton are long gone. but that's ok. game has changed. exum can be a dynamic player who can be both. he can control the offense and distribute and score. i don't like separating PG/SG. they are guards who has ball in their hands most of the time.

i'll look at exum as a guy who can guard both 1 and 2. call him a combo or whatever, but he will be a dynamic player who can play both role. can he develop a deadly offense like some of the great SGs? i don't know. i hope so.

if you let the kid be a full time pass first PG then ask yourself this -

can exum consistently exploit the matchup?
can exum consistently put the ball in a scoring situation?
can he have good TO/assist ratio?
can he make others better?
can he really be the floor general? smartest guy in the court?

i need him to become a dynamic player who can do it all and produce like stars.

be a bigger drose.
be a faster and bigger parker.
be a dwayde with better court vision.
be a penny with little bit of kobe.

one can only hope.

^This^

Also, I feel like it's becoming more beneficial to have your PG have some know how off the ball and have multiple playmakers on the court. Ball-dominant PG's hardly ever win rings.

Hayward handles the ball and initiates plays as much at SF as he did at SG. Not sure the position change is the difference vs. last season. He's simply making shots and is stronger and more aggressive.

As for the OP, Exum absolutely IS and needs to be a PG. That's where the Jazz can create mismatches with his size. In certain matchups he could play SG. But his primary role is PG.

Just because Hayward is undersized SF does not mean you absolutely must make Exum oversized 1. You know players can be traded right? Hayward and Exum do not have to play together forever.

Besides Exum is oversized at two also and is not suited for playmaking like point guard. He's much more better off ball and in transition.

Good god, you put out the combination of five dudes that are best at helping the team win. If they're all 4-feet tall then so be it.

yea only problem is hayward isnt physical enough too guard some powerful forwards in the league like lebron, so burks- hayward- burke trio is a really bad for perimeter defense which makes kanters defensive flaws even more visible. we need a piece instead burks who got paul georgelike perimeter defense i believe

i wonder who is the other guy voting for SG besides me? i guess i am too old minded, i am still left on the days where only stockton type players were called pgs. i dont think either westbrook, drose are pgs. but they just play at that position. i think same for exum, he will be a great player i got no doubt, just i dont think he is a real pg at all.

yea only problem is hayward isnt physical enough too guard some powerful forwards in the league like lebron, so burks- hayward- burke trio is a really bad for perimeter defense which makes kanters defensive flaws even more visible. we need a piece instead burks who got paul georgelike perimeter defense i believe

I guess you missed the Jazz vs Cavs game.

Good point

I guess you missed the Jazz vs Cavs game.

Hayward is awesome. He has enough size to play SF against big guys, and enough handle and agility to excel. That game against LeBron was awesome. He did well against Melo too. Melo scored a bunch, but Hayward definitely outplayed him.