What's new

Game Thread Feb 01, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Raptors

Added to Calendar: 02-01-23

****ing NBA officiating. Such ********.

Really what was kessler supposed to do there? I guess you just shouldnt even contest the shot at all in any way

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

That foul happened before the ball got inbounded. Should be a shot and possession.

It's just curious how the spread was Raptors +3 and a completely dog**** call (they even reviewed for a flagrant LMAO) just happened to get it there in the end.

Stats don’t tell the whole story, but according to ESPN, Kessler has 96 blocks this season and Gobert has 58.
Well Gobert missed games and people have learned not to challenge him. They are all still challenging Kessler.

What's so unexpected about "Herschel" Walker Kessler is his smoothness/body control.

Just looking at his frame you expect a Lurch character- but then he runs the court like a gazelle after a well-timed block and takes three huge but smooth steps from the top of the key after a pass for a graceful slam. It is jaw dropping.

indeed and from a few clips i watched after he was traded to us i really thought he was just a lumbering stiff

Its an interesting contradiction- the desire for 'moneyball' five-out style playing with high volume threes, also dictates that the whole mid-range game goes away in favor of close up shots- which leaves an opening for a traditional big like Kessler to make a large impact when teams try to force the ball inside for close up shots.

I'm curious how quickly Kessler gets the Gobert treatment where they abandon the inside altogether and just settle for mid-range or force him off the court with full five out play. I suspect Kessler is nimble enough that five-out isn't going to force him off the floor.