What's new

Game Thread Feb 04, 2021 5:30PM MT: Jazz at Hawks

Added to Calendar: 02-04-21

No way to know. I don't see why it would change anything. Low effort and out of sync doesn't automatically get better because their best player is on the floor.
Sometimes when the other teams best players are out you lose some focus and intensity.

Also, Trae is a horrible defender and the jazz offense was struggling. Insert Trae and watch the offense get better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Sometimes when the other teams best players are out you lose some focus and intensity.

Also, Trae is a horrible defender and the jazz offense was struggling. Insert Trae and watch the offense get better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Maybe. Still my comment was more centered around frustration with the crappy play in the first half, and frankly they were already playing little to no D, we just sucked. Add in a star player in that scenario, with us just sucking, and we would have been pounded, all possible adjustments aside. It was more about us being lucky the star guys weren't playing when our own level of play was so poor.

We have frankly gotten lucky more than a few games, and I get that luck is always part of it (had Jordan missed that last shot, and he had a better than 50% chance of missing, so he actually beat the odds, when you think about it), still it was just frustrating to watch them just stumbling around disjointed and crappy, with wavering effort.

I am very glad we got it going though. At least we didn't require last-second heroics from Bogie to eek out a win after blowing not one but two 25+ point leads.

Of course, to become a truly great team and a true contender we do need to learn how to just gut out wins like that. I think we are getting there.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating in the moment though.