What's new

Game Thread Feb 08, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Wolves

Added to Calendar: 02-08-23

We are down 30. Why should Lauri be out there right now?
Because he wants to be. Because it's hurting his value. Because this is exactly what half the board wanted. This is what the rest of the season will be like and if that means 23 minutes every night, that's a huge loss for Lauri.

Does not make any sense to put Lauri when we are down 30. Risk of injury. We probable see less of Lauri in the remaining games.
Then he shouldn't have played whole season if Jazz are scared of that ( injury risk )
Because injuries can happen anywhere and any moment.

Last edited:
This has been some great quality basketball... Danny get some help
There is some time left before the deadline and we need more defense!

Exactly. So DA needs to hit on the summer, or else.
The Jazz just got Lauri to the all star game.

I'm sure DA has a plan to add talent this summer. Beasley, Vando, and 35 year old Conley might've added a few more wins this season but let's be honest those dudes were not going to get them to the promised land.

That's what Lauri's staying will take.
Ainge better have some genius and brilliant master-plan otherwise Lauri says goodbye to Utah.

There are easily about 20-25 teams looking for Lauri if / when he ends up UFA free-agency or comes available for a trade.
Allstar player finds always a new team in NBA.

Last edited:

You act like he's a free agent after next season, he has two more years left on his contract after this season. That gives Danny two summers to work his magic. Lauri is having the best year of his career by leaps and bounds with the Jazz and has said he's happier here than he's ever been in his career. Plus we'll be able to pay him more than any other team. I don't think we need to worry

Then he shouldn't played whole season if Jazz are scared of that ( injury risk )
Because injuries can hapeen anywhere and any moment.
I think your point of view is based on your love for Lauri which i totally okay with and understandable. But accept it or not, it seems that we make a move to go for tanking. And if this is the strategy, then for sure Lauri min will be limited as he is just too good and may hurt the tank. but i a agree with youm this is something acceptable only at short terms becuase a player like Lauri will never stay long in a team that sucks. Seems that FO make a decision to go into lottery, time will tell if it's the good strategy.

The Jazz just got Lauri to the all star game.

I'm sure DA has a plan to add talent this summer. Beasley, Vando, and 35 year old Conley might've added a few more wins this season but let's be honest those dudes were not going to get them to the promised land.
Where and how Ainge will find that talent?
Utah is not TOP10 target for UFA free-agents.

Where and how Ainge will find that talent?
Utah is not TOP10 target for UFA free-agents.
They could have a top 6 draft pick in addition to 2 other FRP's in the next draft.

They have a crap ton of unprotected picks to trade for a star as soon as one comes available.