What's new

Game Thread Feb 22, 2021 7:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Hornets

Added to Calendar: 02-22-21

I'm worried about the Lakers losing so many games and losing 3rd place to Phoenix. No AD for at least All-star break. Anyone?

I'm definitely worried about this. The last thing we want is to have to play a healthy Lakers team in the second round.

If the Lakers and Clippers are ranked 2nd and 3rd, our road will be wide open to WCF.

Yes. However, I’m looking at this roster and with Schrodinger out (or is he? Pun intended) I just don’t see them pulling it off. Unless we let Gasol and Caruso go nuclear, which is certain not possible. They may also have some wind at their back with the whistles.
Sorry. It’s late. I responded referencing Wednesday’s game but you’re talking about the season.

43 minutes for LeBron. I’ve never liked good teams losing the game prior to playing us. I’d prefer they win it. That said, I think we have the ability to smell blood in the water.
Hydras have an amazing sense of smell and the Lakers produce quite a stench so it's a certainty

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

@colton
It feels like I haven't been to a game in a decade. I'd love to get some insight on what it's like be in the arena this season.
Is is still loud? Pumped in noise? Covid stuff? Thoughts on adding more people in playoffs? etc.

I think they are seating at about 25% capacity. I felt fairly safe from covid but probably wouldn't with any more people than that. Masks definitely required and probably enforced because I never saw anyone without one. I wore a double mask, myself.

It wasn't too loud. Yes, a lot of pumped in noise. I think that actually discouraged people from making real noise, because the fake noise often prevented me from hearing other people. It was also often wrong, like lots of cheers when the jumbotron was showing a replay of a bad foul call on the Jazz, ie when there usually would be boos. And a constant medium loud murmur at other times when there would normally be silence, like when the Hornets went on a run. I didn't like it at all.

No halftime show at all. No jazz dancers, except on video.

All in all pretty fun though. Especially when it ended in a 22 point victory.

My eyes were ****ing bleeding after that first half. And for some of the third, too. Ugly win.