What's new

Game Thread Feb 28, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Spurs

Added to Calendar: 02-28-23

Order has been restored! Back on the beam!
Keeping the Delta Center filled while also getting a shot at the lottery (even if it is a long shot) is a tight rope act and our safety net has got a hole in it - no more falling off.

That was one ugly game.... Hope Ochai is good.
  • I'm pretty sure Fontecchio doesnt belong in the NBA. I mean the dude is 27 and is not a traditional rookie in the sense of being as young as they usually are. Expecting him to suddenly flourish into something useful is fools gold.
  • FO gutting our depth didn't do the trick but removing Sexton, JC and Ochai (along with Conley and Beasley) and our backcourt was the worst I've seen in the league in a while.
  • Kris Dunn still looked pretty decent, but obviously he wasnt gonna carry the 2nd unit anywhere with the guys he had to play with
  • THT brought us back in the 4th with the 2 threes he hade in a row but also gave the game away with a horrible stretch of possessions down the line while SA was hitting their shots on the other end
    • His lob passes to Lauri and Kessler were freaking awfully placed
I wonder what Hardy meant when said he wants Lauri to have the ball more in the 4th and yet he let THT and Dunn completely run the show in a close game? I know we had absolutely no shooters to create any space for him but still its weird we would rather have THT drive in to the trees than Lauri..

I wonder what Hardy meant when said he wants Lauri to have the ball more in the 4th and yet he let THT and Dunn completely run the show in a close game? I know we had absolutely no shooters to create any space for him but still its weird we would rather have THT drive in to the trees than Lauri..
Same thing happened last game. Tht made 2 threes then he threw the ball next. Hardy was scratching his head. Next play Clarkson setup lauri twice with success. Passing is one thing, proper timing and not panicking is another. He need more time

Injuries/trades have sent us down the path to a great tank job. When you have Fontecchio and Juzang getting 20 and 15 minutes respectively, you’re in trouble. That’s not even including THT starting and getting 30 minutes when he should be the 7th or 8th guy off the bench

I was hopeful Fontecchio would be a good shooter for us. But goodness - that dude needs to go back to Europe. It sucks we signed him for two seasons....

THT is such an enigma. At one point THT looks really good then two minutes later he does a bunch of head scratching things that make you think he’s not even a rotational player. He’s either really spectacular or horrendously bad, can’t ever get any middle ground. One play in particular, he drove the lane, defense collapsed Markkanen did as he should by cutting to the basket. THT had an easy obvious dump off to Markkanen for an easy dunk and he tried some impossible shot with 3 guys converging and he missed. That was a turning point. Hell of a tank commander

THT is such an enigma. At one point THT looks really good then two minutes later he does a bunch of head scratching things that make you think he’s not even a rotational player. He’s either really spectacular or horrendously bad, can’t ever get any middle ground. One play in particular, he drove the lane, defense collapsed Markkanen did as he should by cutting to the basket. THT had an easy obvious dump off to Markkanen for an easy dunk and he tried some impossible shot with 3 guys converging and he missed. That was a turning point. Hell of a tank commander
I mean I was getting excited about him through the second half. I’m thinking wow, he’s actually good, he ducked me in then the last 5 or so minutes happened and I was like OH OK… Just really mellow dramatic at one pint I’m like damn he’s not that good but at the same time I’m yelling tankkkkkk commmmmannnnderrrrrrrr like a war cry of triumph!!

Was just looking at the stats last night, was shocked to see THT didn’t take one foul shot. That might be what’s holding him back, that and he doesn’t shoot straight,with his stile of play he should get at minimum 3 trips to the line. If we could put Sexton’s mentality into THT, damn!! He’d be damn near unstoppable mini LBJ