What's new

Fesenko: The "go to guy"

A

Agoxlea

According to Mike Fratello, coach of the Ukrainian National Team, on The B.S. Report. I have a feeling Ukraine might not be winning their tournament.

According to Mike Fratello, coach of the Ukrainian National Team, on The B.S. Report. I have a feeling Ukraine might not be winning their tournament.

There are some slightly better teams in the Euro tournament. Hope it is going to be televised stateside.

I don't get all this Fesenko hate on this board. He earns very minimum, don't screw things up when he is out there. Even it's opposite - he is a contributor more often than not.

There are some slightly better teams in the Euro tournament. Hope it is going to be televised stateside.
There are at least 20 Euro teams, clearly better than Ukraine. They normally couldn't qualify for the 24-team tournament, but later the tournament was expanded to 32 teams, and together with 7 other countries, Ukraine was also invited. They are extremely lucky though, being in the weakest preliminary group.

I don't know about "go to guy", but after his last season performance it should rather be "(soon) to go guy" in reference to his NBA career.

Remember you heard it here first. Fes is going to average over 20 points a game, get over 10 rebounds a game, get 3 blocks a game and blossom into the player we have been waiting for. Everyone will be amazed that Fes wins the starting center position for the Jazz before the season ends, and all the Fes backers will be saying seeeeeeeee I told you so. Hey, this is draft week and everyone will be feeding us bs. Sorry guys I could not help myself. Consider it an early April fools joke.

I don't get all this Fesenko hate on this board. He earns very minimum, don't screw things up when he is out there. Even it's opposite - he is a contributor more often than not.

Your statement is correct for those 3-4 games per year that he isn't hungover, sick, injured for something stupid like a broken nail or sore muscle, motivated, isn't missing FTs or dunks, and hasn't fouled out in the first 2 minutes of burn.

Your statement is correct for those 3-4 games per year that he isn't hungover, sick, injured for something stupid like a broken nail or sore muscle, motivated, isn't missing FTs or dunks, and hasn't fouled out in the first 2 minutes of burn.

You've got to admit, though, when that's the case he's pretty awesome.

I'm sure a major source of the "Fes hate" here is EVERYONE who is a Jazz fan has seen the POTENTIAL for greatness in Fes for years. Every year, we think "Could this be the year?", and every year it's the same ol' goofball Fes, leading us fans into another year of frustration...

Yeah, Fes is a coach killer earning max money and being an ultimate locker room cancer, right. It's so hard to not hate him.

I would love if Fes replaced Matt Harpring on the broadcast team. Ratings would go through the roof!!!

Wow!!!!! Get your head out of the clouds! Where have you been? The only reason he makes so little is he is one of the laziest most undedicated players in the league. Fes hasn't improved anything in his game since he got hear.

He came to Utah with so much talent and potential. He's where he is because he doesn't have any work ethic.

Does that explain why we hate him.

2008-2009: 13.0 PER
2009-2010: 9.7 PER
2010-2011: 5.8 PER

what's not to like?

People hate him because they confuse lack of PT with lack of production. Fans of every team want every player to be an all-star all the time. And most do not see the subtle values some guys bring, they just look at the box score and see 2 points and 2 rebounds a think "what a loser". They cannot see from the box that he shut down the paint for 5 minutes the he was accorded by the coach.

Fes brings good things every game or almost every game. He is really still young and maturing. He has improved and shown his value numerous times when given minutes. Look at his last game of the year, where he shut down Bynum and put Kobe on the floor 3 times.

Jazz coaches have been too stuck on running the offensive system and unwilling to get out of that box. I think the team would have been better off with Fes getting more minutes.

Jazz coaches have been too stuck on running the offensive system and unwilling to get out of that box. I think the team would have been better off with Fes getting more minutes.
I agree. Why have an offensive or defensive system? The PG should just tell the guys to try to get open and he'll pass them the ball. Better yet, he should just put up the first shot he can and tell everyone to crash the boards. On defense, coaches just need to tell the players to stay in front of their man and not get beat.

Coaching and team offense/defense is SO overrated. You could put in any coach, give him three of the best players in the league and a championship is guaranteed. Oh wait...