What's new

Fesenko

oldtimer

I know most people hate Fesenko, but I always been one of his biggest fans. He dominated Denver last year in the playoffs and came into this season like gangbusters. He lost weight and looked very good in preseason. He got a little burn early in the season with the second unit and I thought he looked very good. Then right around the time when the Jazz started falling apart, Fes was sent to the end of the bench were he remained for a good month or two. I really believe that Fes was being treated badly, until the Raptors Game.

When Fes reported into the game he was at least 6 to 8 inches taller than any Raptor. He was being guarded by very small power forwards giving him almost a foot height advantage. I would have thought he would go straight to the low block and bully the small defenders with dunk after dunk. Instead, he looked to screen and roll every play. His defender would slide off and help on the pick and then they would easily recover and get back to Fes on those few occasions he rolled to the hole. I was disappointed he never looked to dominate the smaller players.

I hope it was just rust from not playing, but next time a team tries to guard him with paul milsap sized power forwards he needs to go to the low block and demand the ball. If he can't score on players when he has almost a foot height advantage and 60 lbs on he can't be an NBA player.

Fesenko is a dude, without the "e". He was worth the risk, but I will be happy when he is gone.

If you want this thread to go anywhere, delete it now, and repost it with the title "Can the Kyrylo Fesenko experiment please end?"

It sometimes seems as though fans here think there is a conspiracy to not play Fes. He is often sick, injured, or in foul trouble. Those three things keep him on the bench more than the coaches. He plays nearly every game he is healthy.

Fess makes me think of CJ without CJ's fan-boy support group. He might become something but we really don't know and we also have no idea as to timeline. That something also changes regularly. I think we have enough projects going on. No need to keep this one going.

Now that we have Favors, Fesenko is pretty expendable. Favors will probably come into next season 250-260 soon and has a 7'4" wingspan which is the same as Fesenko's. I'm not saying Favors is a true center, but rather the skill difference between Favors and Fes will soon be big enough where the extra size just doesn't matter.

I see him calling for the ball in the post, but no one wants to give it to him because he like to haphazardly throw up bricks. I think he could help us on defense and rebounds if he continues to work. Wonder if we'll sign him again?

Now that we have Favors, Fesenko is pretty expendable. Favors will probably come into next season 250-260 soon and has a 7'4" wingspan which is the same as Fesenko's. I'm not saying Favors is a true center, but rather the skill difference between Favors and Fes will soon be big enough where the extra size just doesn't matter.

I think the skill difference is already pretty evident. If Favors comes back bulked up next season we will be in for a very good treat. Fesenko's time with the Jazz is just that, only a matter of time.

@oldtimer- can we get one thing straight? Fesenko did not "dominate" the Denver series. Can you point out one game where he had more than 25 minutes, 10 rebounds, 5 blocked shots or 10 points? He may have performed better than everyone expected (which if you don't remember, expectations were low. I remember my facebook status was "Fess will save the day!" and everyone posted things like "*cringe*" or "wow, its gotten that bad!") but Fes was still a liability because he couldn't shoot free throws or do anything on offense.

I don't understand what you Fess lovers see. I was real proud of him when he came into camp 15lbs leaner. I was ready to jump on the bandwagon. He missed a couple of wide open dunks in the preseason and I said "that's okay, it was a fantastic move. Those are shots he will start to make" But you know what? He misses a dunk pretty much every time he goes into the game (I'm not exaggerating, watch him.) Sloan tried to play him more and Fess still wasn't in good enough shape to run up and down the floor for ten minutes.

I think we all realize that Fess is done. The main thing I want to argue is that Fess in no way dominated any of the games against the Nuggets.

@oldtimer- can we get one thing straight? Fesenko did not "dominate" the Denver series. Can you point out one game where he had more than 25 minutes, 10 rebounds, 5 blocked shots or 10 points? He may have performed better than everyone expected (which if you don't remember, expectations were low. I remember my facebook status was "Fess will save the day!" and everyone posted things like "*cringe*" or "wow, its gotten that bad!") but Fes was still a liability because he couldn't shoot free throws or do anything on offense.

I don't understand what you Fess lovers see. I was real proud of him when he came into camp 15lbs leaner. I was ready to jump on the bandwagon. He missed a couple of wide open dunks in the preseason and I said "that's okay, it was a fantastic move. Those are shots he will start to make" But you know what? He misses a dunk pretty much every time he goes into the game (I'm not exaggerating, watch him.) Sloan tried to play him more and Fess still wasn't in good enough shape to run up and down the floor for ten minutes.

I think we all realize that Fess is done. The main thing I want to argue is that Fess in no way dominated any of the games against the Nuggets.

Nice first post.

It's my personal conspiracy theory that Fes is not committed to playing ball. Maybe parties when he should sleep, shows up late for practice, never goes the extra mile to improve his game. It's totally a theory lightly based on him getting sick more than the average bear, it seems to match his personality, and the fact that he never seems to get past mediocrity. Flame on!

Jazz1232
Basketball is actually played on two ends of the Court. The jazz were not expected to beat Denver and they did, easily. Nene had completely dominated Boozer and Milsap during the regular season. I watched as Nene was hopeless against the height and weight of Fes. He was so disruptive, so influential in the series Melo was left shaking his head and repeating Fesenko, Fesenko, Fesenko in the press conference. Your right he didn't have twenty points and 15 rebounds, but neither did Nene. Time after time Nene would catch the ball, try to drive to the hoop only to be stopped by the Russian wall, and have to weakly throw it back out. Given his performance in that series I had very high hopes for this season. That is why his performance in the last two games is so depressing. He looks like he has never played ball before. Maybe everyone is right and he just doesn't have the desire to improve and get better.

It's my personal conspiracy theory that Fes is not committed to playing ball. Maybe parties when he should sleep, shows up late for practice, never goes the extra mile to improve his game. It's totally a theory lightly based on him getting sick more than the average bear, it seems to match his personality, and the fact that he never seems to get past mediocrity. Flame on!

Franklin approves of Fes's partying, but you can take a big blue genie **** on his play anytime you want. Now chop, chop 'em.

koc_cast_detail_image_genie.jpg

Jazz1232
Basketball is actually played on two ends of the Court. The jazz were not expected to beat Denver and they did, easily. Nene had completely dominated Boozer and Milsap during the regular season. I watched as Nene was hopeless against the height and weight of Fes. He was so disruptive, so influential in the series Melo was left shaking his head and repeating Fesenko, Fesenko, Fesenko in the press conference. Your right he didn't have twenty points and 15 rebounds, but neither did Nene. Time after time Nene would catch the ball, try to drive to the hoop only to be stopped by the Russian wall, and have to weakly throw it back out. Given his performance in that series I had very high hopes for this season. That is why his performance in the last two games is so depressing. He looks like he has never played ball before. Maybe everyone is right and he just doesn't have the desire to improve and get better.

You are right Fess is really big and that is an advantage on the defensive end. But it has been long enough. Fess needed to show some signs of improvement this year. The chances of him ever improving and reach his potential are gone.

We are going to see Favors play more and take all of the minutes Fess lucked into.

I was really impressed with how he looked coming into this season. They said he had lost weight and dedicated himself to the weight room. Unfortunately, all the weights in the world won't help his hands. I think that is his biggest problem especially catching the ball on the low post and in rebounds. He is a good 12th man, but I don't expect much more than that.

I know most people hate Fesenko, but I always been one of his biggest fans. He dominated Denver last year in the playoffs and came into this season like gangbusters. He lost weight and looked very good in preseason. He got a little burn early in the season with the second unit and I thought he looked very good. Then right around the time when the Jazz started falling apart, Fes was sent to the end of the bench were he remained for a good month or two. I really believe that Fes was being treated badly, until the Raptors Game.

When Fes reported into the game he was at least 6 to 8 inches taller than any Raptor. He was being guarded by very small power forwards giving him almost a foot height advantage. I would have thought he would go straight to the low block and bully the small defenders with dunk after dunk. Instead, he looked to screen and roll every play. His defender would slide off and help on the pick and then they would easily recover and get back to Fes on those few occasions he rolled to the hole. I was disappointed he never looked to dominate the smaller players.

I hope it was just rust from not playing, but next time a team tries to guard him with paul milsap sized power forwards he needs to go to the low block and demand the ball. If he can't score on players when he has almost a foot height advantage and 60 lbs on he can't be an NBA player.

I too was in the Fesenko Camp (i said "unleash the Kracken" when Memo got hurt against Denver) but after watching him this season, I out! He cant block, box out, nor get boards w/o getting fouls!! He doesnt have a 5-foot shot, back to the basket game, hands, but the only thing he does 'ok' is the high-post pass.

Fes' play doesnt warrant another contract more that 2M/2yr. If it wasnt for his comedic personality, I'm sure we wouldnt have put up w/ his "potential" for this long.