What's new

Fire up the Trade Machine

I wonder if the Thunder may consider making a move before the deadline. They are 18-22, with a near zero net rating, and SGA is playing too well to really lose too many games. Winning games with a young core, get frisky in the playin, can have a nice springboard like the Grizz/Suns had. Knowing Presti we'll probably see SGA sidelined with "injuries" down the stretch, but maybe they'll take some mid term pieces like Beasley and make some winning plays to set up for next year.

Any potential trade would be a win for us just from moving them above us and potentially the Wolves

I wonder if the Thunder may consider making a move before the deadline. They are 18-22, with a near zero net rating, and SGA is playing too well to really lose too many games. Winning games with a young core, get frisky in the playin, can have a nice springboard like the Grizz/Suns had. Knowing Presti we'll probably see SGA sidelined with "injuries" down the stretch, but maybe they'll take some mid term pieces like Beasley and make some winning plays to set up for next year.

Any potential trade would be a win for us just from moving them above us and potentially the Wolves
Nothing against trading Beasley, but I highly doubt with the recent play of that rookie Williams, who looks like the steal of that draft, they would have any interest in a higher paid lesser player at ther same position.
I think we could probably get GPII an Jabari SkyWalker off the Blaze for Beasley and a 1st.

Nothing against trading Beasley, but I highly doubt with the recent play of that rookie Williams, who looks like the steal of that draft, they would have any interest in a higher paid lesser player at ther same position.
I think we could probably get GPII an Jabari SkyWalker off the Blaze for Beasley and a 1st.

Yeah, I don't think that Beasley necessarily is the right move, I just hope they decide to finish the season strong and maybe make some moves to set them up going forward. Any positive moves they make benefit us. They have 16 picks in the next 3 drafts, they simply can't field that many players. They are probably gearing up for a splashy move with some of '24/'25 picks, but I think some small winning moves with some of that capital now is on the table.

They also have the 5th easiest schedule from here on out and play us 4 times still. Really I just trying to speak them being decent into existence at this point.

Yeah... they ain't given up Dyson homie.
Got to give to get. Get off Graham's bad salary and get a player who can help them in the next two years much better than Dyson can. They are a team with championship aspirations. I believe you are teh one who called Beasley an elite shooter. That's a huge add to a team who is average at shooting.

Maybe you are right, but the Pelicans have such a wealth of picks they can afford to do something like this. They arent going to be able to properly develop Dyson on their roster and they have the Lakers pick coming in next year.

Making it the Minnesota pick instead of the Brooklyn pick may also move the needle. But would it be worth it for the Jazz? Not sure Dyson is better than any of the guys projected in the late lottery or early non-lotto teens.

Definitely think they value Dyson really highly, but this is intriguing I think. They get off the Devonte contact, get Beasly who seems like a great fit, and a late pick.

They've already got a load of picks so maybe not as interesting for them, but it still intrigues me
The pick just has to be in because the value of Dyson is probably too great for just Beasley and getting off Graham. They can parlay that pick into something else.

Yeah, I don't think that Beasley necessarily is the right move, I just hope they decide to finish the season strong and maybe make some moves to set them up going forward. Any positive moves they make benefit us. They have 16 picks in the next 3 drafts, they simply can't field that many players. They are probably gearing up for a splashy move with some of '24/'25 picks, but I think some small winning moves with some of that capital now is on the table.

They also have the 5th easiest schedule from here on out and play us 4 times still. Really I just trying to speak them being decent into existence at this point.
If Danny is talking to OKC imo its because he wants to pair SGA with the Finnisher

Got to give to get. Get off Graham's bad salary and get a player who can help them in the next two years much better than Dyson can. They are a team with championship aspirations. I believe you are teh one who called Beasley an elite shooter. That's a huge add to a team who is average at shooting.

Maybe you are right, but the Pelicans have such a wealth of picks they can afford to do something like this. They arent going to be able to properly develop Dyson on their roster and they have the Lakers pick coming in next year.

Making it the Minnesota pick instead of the Brooklyn pick may also move the needle. But would it be worth it for the Jazz? Not sure Dyson is better than any of the guys projected in the late lottery or early non-lotto teens.
Dyson is developing just fine. Plays as many minutes a game as Walker. Not a high usage guy but you don't want him to be until later anyway. They might give up a pick to get off Grahamn's salary but ain't giving up a high level prospect that is already playing rotation minutes.

Dyson is developing just fine. Plays as many minutes a game as Walker. Not a high usage guy but you don't want him to be until later anyway. They might give up a pick to get off Grahamn's salary but ain't giving up a high level prospect that is already playing rotation minutes.
Lowe seemed to think it has a chance.

Beasley/Vando to Phoenix for Saric/Crowder, 2024 1st (top 10ish protected), pick swap with the Brooklyn pick (top 4 protected).

Flip Crowder for whatever second round pick and expiring salary you can find.

Phoenix will stay afloat so that the Minny pick stays late lotto... or if they sink and some teams rise above them like Minny... we get to swap so nbd.

Lowe seemed to think it has a chance.
I've heard some of the local guys and Athletic guys talk about Dyson and I highly doubt he's available unless a star becomes available.

I'd love to have him for sure though.

If Danny is talking to OKC imo its because he wants to pair SGA with the Finnisher
If Danny is talking to OKC it is about getting our own pick back. I don't see a good way to do it though. I think they would want Kessler and that isn't happening.

I dont want to put too much salt into this.. but the name throwing is kinda wild out here. If you break down the situation, the list goes like this.
Surely gone: Gay
Likely to get traded: Beasley, KO
Plausible: Vando
Unlikely but theoretically possible: Clarkson
Highly unlikely: Conley

Gay is gone for sure but likely a negative trade asset. Celtics just dumped some cash to Spurs who deleted a contract for them so if we cannot package Gay to anything then just bite the bullet and do something similar. But he can be ignored because he brings nothing back. Likewise.. Conley is very hard to move let alone get anything in return. I dont see any contending buyers who are in such a bad PG situation (well except maybe Minny) who also couldnt use 22M for a better upgrade piece. And he would cost 24M next year. Much like with Gay, I dont see much value in a Conley trade. And unlike Gay, there is absolutely 0 reports from our FO including him in packages or having discussions... so we should probably drop his name out of these.

Furthermore, according to @Tony Jones the FO sees that Clarkson "matches our window". If that is true and they plan a quick rebuild, then we will likely keep him and risk FA to give him a competitive deal. And that is whether we here like it or not (I don't). Unlike Gay and Conley JC surely would command some value, which is the only reason I see it theoretically possible that we trade him. But Ainge would have to sweet talk Ryan into it as well.. and I have heard nothing from either that leads me to believe we would do it.

The real assets that are the most likely ones to get moved and who have been mentioned are Beasley and KO and to some extent Vando.

Most of these trades seem centered on meh late draft picks. I don’t think the jazz care about those nor should we much. I think we’re more likely to trade away picks than acquire them.
I completely echo this statement. I think if we look at the fact that we have been competitive all year including against the top teams... we are not that far away. To blow it up completely just to stockpile draft picks seems foolish to me. And nothing leaking out of the front office supports this notion.