What's new

Five Best NBA Players Five Years From Now

MeloTheJazzKiller

NBA turnover is quick and cruel. Five years ago Russell Westbrook was one of the five best players in NBA. Now he couldn’t even crack the Knicks lineup.

So who will be the five best players in NBA five years from now? Easy list to make:

Luka Doncic
Victor Wembayana
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Ja Morant
Donovan Mitchell

NBA turnover is quick and cruel. Five years ago Russell Westbrook was one of the five best players in NBA. Now he couldn’t even crack the Knicks lineup.

So who will be the five best players in NBA five years from now? Easy list to make:

Luka Doncic
Victor Wembayana
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Ja Morant
Donovan Mitchell

You really think Don can be a top 5 player, or you just being you?

I Wouldn't be surprised to see Banchero in there.

You really think Don can be a top 5 player, or you just being you?

I

A little of both.

Let’s face it, the guy is playing his best ball. And he’s going to get even better. He’s a great one. When the Durants of the league are gone, Donovan will be one of the league’s best players.

Luka Doncic
Victor Wembayana
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Ja Morant
Donovan Mitchell
Does it even matter? We know your TV won't be fixed by then.

Luka Doncic
Victor Wembayana
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Ja Morant
Donovan Mitchell
Pretty good list but unless Morant changes his playing style I wouldn't be surprised if he's physically not the same guy in 5 years.

Best as in biggest stat hogs or leading players in championship contenders?

Luka belongs there. Shai looks likely. Im gonna go on a limb and add Haliburton and Lauri to the list as I think they havent touched their ceilings yet and both seem to elevate others around them. 5th would have to be Giannis.

Future rookies are too much of a gamble as +5 years from now means their 4th season at 22-23 years.

I dont have faith in Ja or DM leading anything but box scores. Grizzlies record without Ja and Jazz stalling year after year are my proof.

Remind me if I missed something, but didn't Danny Ainge trade Donovan Mitchell to the knickknackpaddiwacs last summer? I swear I saw Spida in Knick gear in June or July. But your saying something about the Cavs? Consider me confused.

Hey NY,

We will trade you Lauri Markaanen for RJ Barrett and his 4 year, $67 million contract for RJ Barrett and his 4 year $120 million contract but ONLY IF you include Grimes... you know, that guy who doesn't play games.
Don't want to include Grimes you say? Oh well. Go Browns!

Luka Doncic
Victor Wembayana
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Ja Morant
Donovan Mitchell
Ja Morant
Jason Tatum
Luka
Giannis
Jokic
Victor
Banchero