What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

The fact that Korkmaz arms are so long yet he's still upright with his dribbling is troublesome though.
Yep, but he's 18 and if Utah was to draft him I'm sure that's something they'll work on with him.

Utah is one of the best teams in the league for development. Something like that seems reasonably correctable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's not often players seriously improve their handle in the NBA, such as Blake Griffin has done, I wouldn't count on it.

Okay... just had an in depth conversation and here are UK's priorities... and the class they THINK THEY CAN SIGN.

Young
Diallo
Petty
Porter
Knox
Bamba

And they will sign one or two others.

It's not often players seriously improve their handle in the NBA, such as Blake Griffin has done, I wouldn't count on it.
I get it, you don't want anyone thinking that Kork could be anywhere near McCollum's level.

I'll drop it, you win.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jazzfanz; where limp, incompetent, spineless, ignorant basketball related arguments are encouraged to be presented with as much fervor as possible..

Buncha Nelson Muntz wanna-be's on this site...

Thats why I'll keep visiting here despite the lack of competency.. half of yas wouldn't know a good basketball idea if it hit you in your 2 front teeth at 300mph.

To me these aren't random arguments, they're cyclical, this is about the time of year people start pretending like they're draft watchers.. they pop up like weeds..

This tme last year people were fighting me saying.

"Frank Kaminsky is more NBA ready than Porzingis"

"Nigel Hayes is a first round pick" --- ****in had this argument 10x, people kicking and screaming for pages and pages --- who the **** was right??

"Terry Rozier can't shoot, he's a 2nd round pick"

"I'd take Skal over Karl Towns"

oh and lets not forget

"I hope the Jazz draft Sam Dekker"

Some people come here to learn/read up on prospects. Some come to teach.
It's also fun to armchair.
Don't spoil the fun for others that want to debate and have fun with it that might not have the time or desire to put into it what you have.
You don't like to be questioned. I get that, I'm a prima donna myself in many areas of life...

but why be lonely? Engage respectfully and maintain your authority across a greater populace.

Some people come here to learn/read up on prospects. Some come to teach.
It's also fun to armchair.
Don't spoil the fun for others that want to debate and have fun with it that might not have the time or desire to put into it what you have.
You don't like to be questioned. I get that, I'm a prima donna myself in many areas of life...

but why be lonely? Engage respectfully and maintain your authority across a greater populace.

It's only fun if we all bow down to the Point God.

Jazzfanz; where limp, incompetent, spineless, ignorant basketball related arguments are encouraged to be presented with as much fervor as possible..

Thats why I'll keep visiting here despite the lack of competency.. half of yas wouldn't know a good basketball idea if it hit you in your 2 front teeth at 300mph.

To me these aren't random arguments, they're cyclical, this is about the time of year people start pretending like they're draft watchers.. they pop up like weeds..

This tme last year people were still saying things like;

"Nigel Hayes is a first round pick" --- ****in had this argument 10x, people kicking and screaming for pages and pages --- who the **** was right??

oh and lets not forget

Menstruate much?

Not that anybody asked....here's my list of guys I like the most, not in order.

Simmons
Ingram
Bender
Baldwin
Dunn
Payton II
Chinanu Onuaku
Brice Johnson
Robert Carter Jr
Pascal Siakam
McCaw
Valentine
Luwawoo
Josh Adams

I think Payton is way underrated btw. I think impact wise, he's better than George Hill for example. We'll never take him though.

I use to do alot more research but i dont have as much time as i use to. I do look more into players i like.

I will admit there is a sexiness to kurkmaz game. I think he will be a very good scorer at the nba lvl. He has flashes of decent defense i just worry that he will be one dimensional at the next lvl.

There has never been a good defensive wing to come out of turkey. A lot of defense is about attitude and i dont think he has it. Will he be good enough to be able to stay on the floor

I am on record of saying with the 12th pick the jazz would be better of drafting a big because of the quality and quatity that are available. Then fill the wing spot in free agency or with a trade.

Bigs develop slower and to take a flyer on one in this draft, that is pretty weak, and hope for a home run but atleast get a rotational player.

I think skal or maker would be good gets at 12.

Work out a trade to send out burke for a player later on like McCaw.

Exum, Mack, Neto
FA, Burks, McCaw
Haywood, hood, ingles
Favors, lyles
Gobert, maket, withey

The other picks either round out the SLC Stars or draft and stash.

This tme last year people were still saying things like;

oh and lets not forget

I'll admit, I'm guilty of this... LOL ... good times.

I use to do alot more research but i dont have as much time as i use to. I do look more into players i like.

I used to do a lot more research too (when we were getting better picks than #12) ... I remembered following Trey Burke's final college year actually watching full games, and then another year when I did a pretty comprehensive Julius Randle breakdown ...

I really did think Trey was gonna be a decent NBA player ....

Good times.

Gordon's wingspan is negated by his insane lateral foot speed (from playing years of tennis). Pretty sure there's a link somewhere out there saying that he has the record at P3 for lateral foot speed.

Dude how many guys even went or go to P3? 40? When I watch Hayward, I don't see good lateral foot speed on the court. It's not bad. But I don't see anything special.

No, these players exist on a finite timeline, you want to deny their existence until its of some importance to you or 'your team', so be it.. I see that as being lazy(it's common American behavior if I do say so myself).. If there's one thing I know about lazy people, they like to surround themselves with other lazy enabling type of people, so they don't feel guilty(same thing with fat people).

I see your plea for me to stop posting about recruiting as a plea for laziness or a plea to maintain the status quo.

"why can;t you just start guessing with us about these prospects months before the draft, instead of actually keeping an ear to the ground as long as possible"

Is a how i perceive lots of the noise thrown my way here..

I seek as big of a sample size to look thru for parallels as possible.

Thats how i drew and posted conclusions like "Jamal Murray looks like a 5-star prospect IMO" watching the Hoops summit live in 2014..

Recruiting goes hand in hand with these threads. the posters in these threads who don't follow recruiting are the ones posting an overwhelming amount of the crappy ideas.

I say - If y'all followed recruiting there wouldn't have been 20+ people miscasting Trey Lyles last year.. I wouldn't have been one of the only ones actually confident he could shoot. Y'all wanted to paint my argument like it was absurd because it wasn't backed by stats..

I used to post Lyles had just as much if not more upside than Frank Kaminsky which people were up in arms over everytime I posted it, they'd ee that as some opportunity for a cheap shot at Trey(while being oblivious to the fact I was correct.. they had stats that said otherwise and tons of conviction about it)

Why don't you just make a separate thread for recruits?

No one is asking you to stop posting about recruits, just some would rather have the 2016 thread be about the 2016 draft.

So the "the Korkmaz @ 12 supporters" around here must think he's a markedly better prospect than Malik Beasley.. right??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQzQNuvJNA8

Is the only way for you to be negative on prospect when you see a group, or perceived majority, support a player?

It seems like you liked Korkmaz in the past, but now that a group really like him (above what you believe his value is) you feel the need to take shots at him unprovoked.

So the "the Korkmaz @ 12 supporters" around here must think he's a markedly better prospect than Malik Beasley.. right??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQzQNuvJNA8

It's very early no one should be over analyzing choices right now (or be 100% committed to anyone).
I like him, but 12 seems a little high for a 6'4" pure SG. Statistically he was as good or better than Bradley Beal's freshman season so should be on the radar.

I'm not forcing you to read anything you don't want. That option's all yours.

I invite you (once again) to put me on ignore if you don;t like the direction, or anything else, about my posts.. goes for everyone here.

Not here to have positive interactions with anyone either, I sincerely don't care what your preferences are(picture the Tupac scene in Juice where he says "I don't give a ****").. I'm not here to make friends, none of that queer ****.

I'm here discussing the contests being played, and how they could relate to the Jazz.. my thoughts.. If you think some of those thoughts don't relate the Jazz, then too bad, quit bitching and do something about it.

So you're not only an ******* but a homophobe as well. Good job.