What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

Also pretty cool to see three las vegans in the top 10. A lot of local guys are geared back into UNLV these days after years of looking elsewhere. Don't underestimate the pride or parental pressure of staying home with any of these guys.

Not trying to start a pro meat vs no meat thing, but I have to think being vegan is not optimal for any athlete.

Also pretty cool to see three las vegans in the top 10. A lot of local guys are geared back into UNLV these days after years of looking elsewhere. Don't underestimate the pride or parental pressure of staying home with any of these guys.

Meh. The top guys want OAD exposure at it's best. The allure of staying near home is minimal... until you get past the top 15 guys or so.. then it's got much more value.

It is cool to see the guys from Vegas up at the top though.

Oh, and i agree with the Jeter/Zimmerman statement. I think Zimmerman goes Zona, but it's neck and neck right now.. and that info comes from a coach that's recruiting him.

Hate to give my team da bad juju... but there's a real possibility UK could end up with 4 of the top 6 players in this class (both Rivals and Scout).

Newman
Brown
Diallo
Stone

Do you watch/follow Findlay Prep? Have you seen Justin Jackson?

His 'guard skills' are very interesting at a young age, I really like what little I've seen (but plenty of it is vs Trash Canadian HS players).

Not Vermin, obvi.. but yeah, he follows Findlay Prep big time and is a season ticket holder.

Got a name for ya. I'm hearing Allonzo Trier (currently #38) is quietly getting attention that could move him into top 15 quickly and could even challenge Newman... wow.

I've never seen him play so I don't know.. just passing it along.

I just started to look around on Trier, he looks damn good, has the ball on a string and i like the way his shot looks, he really splashes in his jumpers. apparently Powerade paid him to film an ad with Carmelo as a 6th grader, all the footage is off the internet but i found this article, in the new york times, about him in 2009 when he was 5'5 and 110 lbs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/22/magazine/22basketball-t.html?pagewanted=all

i checked out some footage of his freshman season where he scored over 1000 points, he looked very smooth with the handle and his shot looks soft but looked like a combo guard in stature.

now when i found his more recent stuff, i almost didnt recognize him, he looks a good bit different and measured 6'4 without shoes at the nike elite camp last year.

he looks like a 6'5 PG thats listed everywhere as SG.. thx for the heads up, definitely will be keeping an eye on this kid.

Looks like a bigger Ty Lawson here to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcls2YtV6s4

and.... just like that. From #38 to #12.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Allonzo-Trier-127031

None of these guys have played a cbb game yet... but I'm predicting a below average class.

Scouts will tell you he shoots it well from 3, and does most everything well, I read many months ago that he might be one of the more 'complete' HS players you will see.

He can actually dribble and pass incredibly well, some expect him to play a Royce White/Kyle Anderson type game but at the quality of a #1 pick. (many feel that Simmons has separated himself from the other prospects in this class, and think his Peach Jam performance confirmed that)

Simmons and Exum have been friends since Ben is 7 His dad played in the NBL like Cecil Exum too. This class could end up loaded with Aussies if Thon Maker re-classifies. Jonah Bolden and Deng Adel look like probable NBA players to me also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sgMeomzy-s

Rumor is Maker is leaning heavily at NOT reclassifying. Rumor also has it that Simmons has been underwhelming recently.. whatever that means.

2017 is STACKED then, someones gonna land a star in the late lottery. Jayson Tatum might be #1...

I recently saw a Scottie Pippen comparison from a scout on Simmons(though i dont have any spectacular, reliable sources) The video looks pretty good from the event, I know he outplayed Harry Giles in their matchup, theres multiple sources saying he showed out at Peach Jam.

Trier showed very well and lapped the competition in scoring, I watched him vs Isaiah Briscoe in the championship and also vs Antonio Blakeney he was better than both, but i was impressed with Briscoe and Blakenley(any UK info on either of those players)

Cal is very close to dumping Newman and his mini-drama and taking Blakeney. Im good with that, every bit the quicksilver and a better shot. (Not saying he's better.. )

I like Blakeney he reminds me of Jamal Crawford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLha2uCtoTE

I wonder how confident Cal is about Jaylen Brown, Diamond Stone, Chieck Diallo, Carlton Bragg, Allonzo Trier, and fringe 4/5 star players if hes thinking of dumping Newman. (would dumping Newman affect Stone's recruitment?)

also have you heard anything about Caleb Swanigan lately? I know he was considered a top 15-20 player in the HS class of 2016 before he re-classified to 2015..

This will obviously be perceived as a negative, but when i saw him initially he reminded me of Ike Diogu.

Brown is going to UCLA.
Trier is gong to UCLA.
Stone to Conn.
Bragg is a slight UK lean.
Diallo to UK
Newman to MissST (lol)
Swanigan has been getting TONS OF interest from UK.. BUT dunno.

Tough for UK right now with all the guys that bucked the OAD system and came back.... and deep as ****. Who's staying and who's going.. creating a concern for '15 recruits.

Labissiere strongly considering heading overseas a la Mudiay.

Sucks. We should just bomb the **** outta overseas and keep these kids home.