What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

The fact of the matter is Cy doesn't get under my skin. If he did, I'd show up at the McDonalds he serves fries at to see if he's man enough to say the **** he does behind the protection of his screen, to my face.

As I've said before I maintain a high level of fury, thats just how im built. It's nothing for me to channel a bit of it into an argument thats carried on for years, I'm just calling a spade a spade.

If you knew some of my personal stories you'd know im more the opposite of a hot-head than one of them, for sure.. Cy is very far beneath me[won't even try to refute what I just wrote, which I take as a concession], but (sorry to say) so is posting on this forum, so I'll entertain whatever while I'm here(Not much longer).

I have always appreciated your input and our dialogue. You're one of the few that I can talk with on HS prospects that totally gets it.
Having said that, I consider Cy a friend, too, and he also has some decent takes.

The problem with you two is Cy loves to get under skin (like bacteria in an uncircumcised dickfold) and you are a breeding ground for his pleasure. You are a great, great addition to this board, so is Cy. Now stop allowing him into your head and move on.. and quit the retirement language (pot meet kettle).

how's the ring hunt?

She'd be happiest with a family ring..... but since my family has a habit of marrying in their early-twenties, I think they might be gone.

I appreciate the offer to connect me with someone. I'll PM you if that becomes useful.

I have always appreciated your input and our dialogue. You're one of the few that I can talk with on HS prospects that totally gets it.
Having said that, I consider Cy a friend, too, and he also has some decent takes.

The problem with you two is Cy loves to get under skin (like bacteria in an uncircumcised dickfold) and you are a breeding ground for his pleasure. You are a great, great addition to this board, so is Cy. Now stop allowing him into your head and move on.. and quit the retirement language (pot meet kettle).

Then let the record show that my HS drop-out educated *** from NY, came to this Utah based forum looking for and posting plenty of on-topic discourse. I didn't come here to make friends, I was lookingfor an argument, to carry on such as the one with Cy - except this lame just isn't a worthy adversary, he's not able to respond with enough substance for me to continue. I don't even get direct responses 65% of the time, it's a joke.

If anyone stepped their game up a bit because of my posts on this board, than I've done more than enough. And I can clearly see that in these draftee's threads. So I'm done here for a bit. Cya Jazzfanz.

Then let the record show that my HS drop-out educated *** from NY, came to this Utah based forum looking for and posting plenty of on-topic discourse. I didn't come here to make friends, I was lookingfor an argument, to carry on such as the one with Cy - except this lame just isn't a worthy adversary, he's not able to respond with enough substance for me to continue. I don't even get direct responses 65% of the time, it's a joke.

If anyone stepped their game up a bit because of my posts on this board, than I've done more than enough. And I can clearly see that in these draftee's threads. So I'm done here for a bit. Cya Jazzfanz.

yeah.. u stepped up people's games a bit.. but this cya thing is exhausting. Stay and contribute or go forever, not that I can make the call, but my advice, nonetheless.

Don't be such a waah-waah. And I say that liking most of what you contribute. You post good opinions on prospects and other topics. But if you came here looking for an argument, then good riddance. IMO, we have far too much of that and far too little of just people posting their opinions and not getting slammed for what they think.

Uhhh, so I'm attacked for defending myself against a false claim that I, and I quote, "you were echo'ing fabricated comments, perpetuated by factions in Europe trying to keep his value down. Like it was fact."? I never he spoke on Hezonja in the 2013 or 2014 thread. This isn't me trying to troll or getting under anyone's skin, it's just refuting a flat out lie.

Soooooo PG gets proven wrong and then leaves in a huff?

Sounds par for the course.

They BOTH leave, lol.

b874c25cdf.jpg

My best posts fly over most peoples heads here..

If you think I catch feelings over the stupid **** posted about me on this forum. re-read the first line in this post, and consider that as my perspective for just 1 second...:cool:

Done?

Ok.

Now go back to ************ yourselves, for the sake of self-entertainment ...

Don't be such a waah-waah. And I say that liking most of what you contribute. You post good opinions on prospects and other topics. But if you came here looking for an argument, then good riddance. IMO, we have far too much of that and far too little of just people posting their opinions and not getting slammed for what they think.

It's of little consequence to me, I'm obviously not here just to argue, I'm here to forecast, and have made ****loads of them. Many are coming to fruition sooner than others, there's quite a few pending now that already look very good.

I wasn't just looking for an argument - I was looking for a specific argument with someone like Cy, who just says no as a reflex, and struggles cite legit reasons, but maintains their fervor regardless.

Because i'm confident In my accuracy on a high volume of predictions, (Many prefer to put their eggs all in one basket - usually without even having great context) I can also verbalize some things people find ineffable on this subject.

Someone naysaying my predictions might be right on a few occasions, A broken clock is right 2x a day too though, that's counterfeit logic, It's the reason why Cy stopped talking bad about the players I post, because he will get run over by TRUTH if he does.(E.G. the 180 on Trey Lyles)

What happens when you add a long span of time and a large scale of examples to that sort of argument??

I'll tell ya what happens. People say stupid **** like Bobby Portis is the best PF in the draft, and expose their naivety.

It's good to see the semantics warriors of JF uniting for a common cause. HOO-RAY! Can y'all get some new material though, please? It seems it's just the same lame quips over and over again(a result of short attention spans?).

All of the big-time standouts from this weekends Team USA Junior National team camp, are players I've been mentioning here for some time. Darius Garland (HS class of '18) < Trey Burke. Scoff at that now. Let's see how dumb it looks in a few years.. Garland is only 6' but he was reportedly the best player in 2018 at the camp. Way better shooter too, Garland is $$.

Are we gonna pretend that the sentiments I shared on Trey Burke here in 2013, aren't being repeated by random posters here ever since??? I thoroughly debunked Trey's perceived lottery value, and his 1st step, and the comparisons to Chris Paul... all that **** was pre-draft.. There were a few people with me, Orangello for one. I was typing paragraphs on it though, most of the **** was spot on..

Or that didn't happen because they were edited out.. right??

I'm right more than I'm wrong about this stuff, deal with it. Before I got to JF, and since I got to JF. The things y'all call me out on, are clealry based on framed, absurd, standards (I'd say because of limited vision) - Essentially Cy and others want to argue about a few spots on a draft board. Show me the players I had rated way off consensus and was way wrong about... I'll wait..

People love to be on some, if you don't have proof it didn't happen - it's the American way, and in-part why people cling to ****ty jobs instead of doing something truly creative - Of all the topics people choose to line up and call me out on, y'all went with something safe, since the proof was edited out years ago.

IMO that's very predictable...

That's in-part one of the reasons I deleted the posts in the first place. I always figured abunch of lames, who probably look like this
a81627d6dd60f8f262e69451adb4019e.jpg
would pull some "you didn't say that -because it's gone routine".

That's how clingy people form the basis for their arguments, they look for something low-risk, I don't rely on that **** because the potency of my words is all I need.

Probably the type of people that don't think Falling trees make a sound in the forest... So be it. Y'all want to harp on 1 thing that's lacking proof. So be it.

I deleted a bunch of posts about Rudy in that 2013 thread too. Infact one of my initial posts on Jazzfanz mentioned Rudy.. I suppose that didn't happen either, right?? because it was edited..

People jump to conclusions over lack of evidence all the time, there's irrefutable proof of that littered all over the GD forum here..

My comments from the 2013 draftees thread are all gone, meaning I wrote them, then re-read them and wen't back and deleted em. Why would I just make that one thing up, when I've already made handfuls of legit predictions here. For another feather in my cap? 99% sure it was Cy, %1 sure it was BTP% - 1000% sure the post (and said backlash) were made. It was something I noted in my head at the time, that was one of more ignorant responses I got here early on. So I remembered it.

I'm good at following multiple timelines, probably better than most everyone here. Try and explain the movie Primer to me, if you want to have a pissing contest about that.

Plus Hezonja was always on the radar back then. Lets not forget this latest bump/'argument', is taking place between someone who pays attention to this stuff for many years prior to showing up to Jazzfanz(me) and people who don't pay attention to the stuff even nowadays..

Thanasis' isn't a draft and stash guy, he will be in the D-League if hes not on his teams roster.

im all for a draft and stash though. ****, if it was up to me id buy another pick and stash 2.

Porzingis at 21 and Walter Tavares or Damien Inglis at 35 are the ones i really like. also im cool with Capela or Bogan Bogdanovic at 21, but id much rather have them at 35 where they are steals. Micic could also be in play around 35

of the "buy a pick" to stash a player variety, IE, Raulzinho Neto; Nikola Jokic, Artem Klimenko, Rasmus Larsen and Moussa Diagne have a chance, and i think are worth developing overseas, Diagne has a chance to be a major pain in the *** blocking shots and grabbing rebounds, the other 3 are floor stretchers

Was digging thru this thread for posts about Porzingis. This was in response to Bigmike asking about draft and stash players.. (early june 2014)

Also - RIP Rasmus Larsen

I think the comment I'm looking for will be somewhere after this one

OKC has apparently made a promise to Kristaps Porzingis in the first round... Hopefully its at 29 and not 21.. if no fringe lottery players fall, thats who i'd want at 23. (id grade Porzingis as fringe lotto this year, definite lotto pick next year)

at least that means hes going to stay in this draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09v9HBG9KbI

Saric is down to 11 in Dx's update today, and my favorite player that no one will talk about on this board, Kristaps Porzingis, is up to 15.

I read the other day from a scout that Porzingis is the best euro prospect in this draft. If you look at the game footage its fairly spectacular for a 7' 18 year old. Hes super quick off the floor and almost has the appearance of 'hangtime' his shooting mechanics look great too.

Do you think the reported "promise" that he got from the Thunder is legit?

Yes. Of all the smokescreens pre-draft there's solid reasoning behind this one, the teams looking at Kristaps dont want him to pull out of the draft, which is still possible for another week or so.

I can remember reading a rumor about the Thunder looking for a big to draft and stash with one of the picks before the Porzingis promise rumor. Another reason I think its legit is IMO, the Thunder have no chance at him next year.

Porzingis did say he wasn't going to be in this draft, then a few weeks later unexpectedly declared.

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8uUmI_LJTU

Im cool with trading 23 and 35 for Porzingis.

Kristaps, LaVine, Hood or possibly a reach for James Young are the only players id consider trading both picks for.

Apparently last month Rondey Hood told hoopsrumors.com hes going to be drafted between 6 and 12.

Forgot all about that..

I think I could make a strong case for Porzingis in the Lottery, his athleticism and fluidity are no BS, hes very quick off the ground.

There's no doubt in my mind that hes a better prospect than Willie Cauley-Stein. I'd contend once you get past him playing a little weak while being ~210lbs, there's really not all that much to complain about.

his size is legitimate, not official #'s but he appears every bit of 7' in shoes (doesnt look more than 2" shorter than 7'2" teammate Ondrej Balvin), hes the 3rd youngest player in this draft. Kristaps has some SF moves in his arsenal too

https://sportacentrs.com/basketbols/legionari/01062014-porzingis_un_cajasol_parspej_specigo_vale - This move at 1:10 is nice for a 7'er. Cutting down the baseline from the corner, a catch in traffic into a reverse/ fadeaway

"@chadfordinsider: Agent Andy Miller tells ESPN Kristaps Porzingis withdrawing from 2014 Draft. Surprise. Was late lottery to mid 1st rd. Yahoo reported 1st."

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk
Ohhhh I can't wait for the PG_AB rant about this. Too fun.

That's exactly why I've been updating this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk

Saric clowned himself by talking all that trash about Wiggins and Jabari then getting swept in the Croatian League Championship. I could see Phx taking him though.

If I was Porzingis' agent I'd have done the same thing, mission accomplished. His value is somewhere in the mid-teens in this draft, but thats not good enough. Kristaps is better than Cauley-Stein, hes going to have a great season for Cajasol playing PF so his value is safe and can only go up.

Karl Towns Jr > Porzingis > Myles Turner

I've backed you up a number of times, and no one follows the draft like you do. I probably trust your judgement on deeper draft picks ahead of all other ppl on this forum (even when you whiff-- Robert Upshaw comes to mind).

With that said, I really don't understand why you go back and delete all of your posts. I have my fair share of whiffs too-- the well-known one is me thinking that Burke would be able to be a very capable starting PG in this league (although this still isn't technically impossible). But I have more than that. Another is me wanting the Jazz to draft Singleton instead of Kawhi with the 12th (none of us assumed that Burks would fall). I thought Singleton had equal defense, and a better shot at hitting 3s at a good clip in the NBA. Idgaf.