What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

Dont get me wrong Parker is one hell of a talent and I'd be stoked to get him on the Jazz. Just wish the kid had some attitude. Some Alec Burks type confidence.

Btw, my concern on Randle is his athleticism. Most rave that he is very athletic for a 6'9 250lb guy but I'm not seeing him showing it that well in in-game action like I'd like.

He is someone who definitely has a passion for the game. Works his butt off.. never satisfied with himself and wants to make the competition cry real tears.
So my potential red flag for him is just that.. otherwise he is the full package.

Dont get me wrong Parker is one hell of a talent and I'd be stoked to get him on the Jazz. Just wish the kid had some attitude. Some Alec Burks type confidence.

Like I said it's his schtik. I doubt he'll ever come off as even borderline cocky/confident. He wants his persona to be quietly going out and being an all star and a player kids can look up to.. that's his thing. And it is possible that it could hold him back, at least slightly, from reaching his full potential... because anyone that's played professional sports knows there's a whole lot of mental to the game and you often times really need that edginess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYfZ616S3Zs#t=179
JG "Five years from now where do you see yourself"
JP "Hopefully playing basketball somewhere, if not in the NBA somewhere"

With this kids talents he should be saying, Allstar! Winning a title! Not hope I have a job.
Just watched the video, and I think I'm right. Some guys don't buy Ito there own hype, and sounds like Parker is one. Think he'll be fine.

Randle kinda reminds me of terrence jones with thier size and I think they are both leftys?

Pretty even. I just think Parker winds up with the better career.

Wow.. very interesting.

I just think Parker has old man's body right now therefore his ceiling/potential could be lower. Plus Randle is #Hungry and that usually carries you much further.

I dont know i kinda like his humbleness you dont see that in the nba much these days..most elite young players have their asses kissed from the ages of 12 and up and get praised before they accomplish anything and its turned the league into a bunch of primadonna ego monsters i like Parkers approach..

With that said id take Randle over him becasue i think the upside is greater with his physicality and athleticism though Parker is a better athlete then i thought..

I dont know i kinda like his humbleness you dont see that in the nba much these days..most elite young players have their asses kissed from the ages of 12 and up and get praised before they accomplish anything and its turned the league into a bunch of primadonna ego monsters i like Parkers approach..

With that said id take Randle over him becasue i think the upside is greater with his physicality and athleticism though Parker is a better athlete then i thought..

That's what I thought too. But PKM has seen Randle up-close-and-personal and yet he thinks the Duke guy Jabari has a better potential/ceiling which surprises me a wee bit.

Btw, my concern on Randle is his athleticism. Most rave that he is very athletic for a 6'9 250lb guy but I'm not seeing him showing it that well in in-game action like I'd like.

He is someone who definitely has a passion for the game. Works his butt off.. never satisfied with himself and wants to make the competition cry real tears.
So my potential red flag for him is just that.. otherwise he is the full package.

While i agree hes not Lebronish athletically[none are] hes explosive enough at his size..The one thing i didnt know he could do was pass hes pretty gifted for a guy his size..

Does anyone know what the potential growth on Randle could be physically? I remembered LeBron started out playing the PG, then the SF, then eventually he also played some at PF... his frame has really grown over the course of his career.

That's what I thought too. But PKM has seen Randle up-close-and-personal and yet he thinks the Duke guy Jabari has a better potential/ceiling which surprises me a wee bit.

That does surprise me he would know more being up close i just figured when you put into account the explosivness and build difference that Randles potnetial would be much higher..