What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

I don't follow the players before the draft very much, can someone explain to me why randle and Gordon who are both undersized nba pf and both under achieved against expectations, are ranked higher than Vonleh who is 6-11 and allegedly can shoot out to nba 3pt range?

Tia.

On 1280, they said one of the reporters were watching Gordon shoot and in warm ups he couldn't throw in into the ocean. The guy can't shoot and it's not always a guarantee that they can develop that skill. I seriously doubt Gordon comes out this year.

On 1280, they said one of the reporters were watching Gordon shoot and in warm ups he couldn't throw in into the ocean. The guy can't shoot and it's not always a guarantee that they can develop that skill. I seriously doubt Gordon comes out this year.

During the game the announcers said he shoots 85% from the line during practice...

Gordon will come out this year.

Im warming up to him and smart in preparation of not getting the guys I really want. Gordon having a very good game today despite free throw and turnover issues. His defense is as advertised.

I think Vonleh's game will translate better to the pros than college, actually. He has great size, good post skills, nice shooting touch and okay body control. I might put him ahead of Randle and Aaron Gordon. Vonleh might look quite a bit like Favors as a pro, except with more range.

I like Exum and Vonleh as nearly prototypical prospects for their positions.

Gordon will come out this year.

Im warming up to him and smart in preparation of not getting the guys I really want. Gordon having a very good game today despite free throw and turnover issues. His defense is as advertised.

welcome to the party! better late than never.

ive saved this seat for you...

PKM has been very vocal about his concerns over Randle for some time. His question marks aren't because of the team around him. He's simply not the athlete he appeared to be against wimpy high school kids. He plays bully ball which won't work nearly as well in the NBA; he turns the ball over a lot due to his loose handle; his jumper isn't as good as scouts initially thought... his stock hasn't dropped for no reason.

Turnovers tdue to loose handles, or being constantly double teamed? His jumper is better than Gordon's. The athletic knock is no lie though.

Personally, I'd take Gordon because of his higher BBIQ, hustle plays, work ethic, and ability to gaurd SF's. But if I am another GM who has a need for PF, and it's between Gordon and Randle, I go Randle because Gordon doesn't have any post moves.

I think Vonleh's game will translate better to the pros than college, actually. He has great size, good post skills, nice shooting touch and okay body control. I might put him ahead of Randle and Aaron Gordon. Vonleh might look quite a bit like Favors as a pro, except with more range.

I like Exum and Vonleh as nearly prototypical prospects for their positions.

Vonleh is not like Favors. Bad comparison. Vonleh is not a shot blocker (then again, neither is Derrick this year). Vonleh has a much better shooting touch than Favors. Vonleh is a horrible passer. Out of our players, Vonleh is much more like Kanter, but then again not really.

OKST needs to step it up. Looks like Smart is the only one that has showed up. Love how he plays D and his steal rate is through the roof.

Vonleh is not like Favors. Bad comparison. Vonleh is not a shot blocker (then again, neither is Derrick this year). Vonleh has a much better shooting touch than Favors. Vonleh is a horrible passer. Out of our players, Vonleh is much more like Kanter, but then again not really.

one big difference between Favors/Kanter and Vonleh is the ability to dribble the ball on the perimeter, which Indiana has under utilized in Noahs game. In HS he did plenty of perimeter ball handling, switching to an offense where hes thrown the ball and a double team is coming from a blindspot inpart explains his passing statistics. He should fit much better as an NBA 4 then playing center for IU

vonleh-o.gif
- vs a 7'er