What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

15th, but I haven't kept up on him lately.. Like two weeks ago Yahoo! Sports had an article about him being a potential superstar and a steal in the draft?

The point is that in a weak draft giannis was drafted 15th so why should exum be taken 4th in a loaded draft?

Bringing up giannis doesnt support pimping exum at 4 or whatever

From the article I was talking about:

"Now, Giannis Antetokounmpo has grown to 6-foot-10 and could top out at 7-foot, and most league executives inclined to conduct a re-draft on the class of 2013 wouldn't let him out of the top five. Giannis had been a cult following born of the YouTube Greek Freak clips, but he's evolving into a decidedly mainstream attraction. League executives and coaches see such an extraordinary blend of talents within him, such natural and uncanny instincts for the game. His work ethic has been relentless, forged as a young man without practice time in Greece, who forever had to make more out of less because of his family's need for him to earn money. If someone stays after Bucks practice, Giannis won't leave until he's the last one on the floor. Sometimes, this goes on for hours."

I agree with you seattle, I'm just saying NBA GM's will try anything to get ahead.

Congrats, Pkmoe.

Thank you. <3

Wow!!! What a game! One of the best I have seen in awhile. Randle had 9 points and 9 boards at half, came out the second half and really wasn't attacking. Last 10 minutes of the game he came up big and nothing bigger than those to free throws to put them up by 3 with 14 secs left. Andrew Harrison can flat out score and Aaron as well came up clutch! Kentucky did all of this in the last minutes of the game without James Young and WCS. Makes it even more impressive.. Louisville can't complain they got two calls go their way with that ball tipped out by Van Treese and the pure block by Randle called a foul. Then it ended sweetly with Russ Smith missing a three to tie it.. What a game!

totally agree.................................................................

yes, but he is still all 'potential'. still a long way develop into a legit player. he could easily fade to being nothing. but potential is there. i kinda want players who can contribute immediately. i hate waiting for players to develop

Yep. GA is basically Exum. Still has never been good against real competition. Doesn't mean he won't - he's still very young. But Milwaukee took him at the appropriate spot.

From the article I was talking about:

"Now, Giannis Antetokounmpo has grown to 6-foot-10 and could top out at 7-foot, and most league executives inclined to conduct a re-draft on the class of 2013 wouldn't let him out of the top five. Giannis had been a cult following born of the YouTube Greek Freak clips, but he's evolving into a decidedly mainstream attraction. League executives and coaches see such an extraordinary blend of talents within him, such natural and uncanny instincts for the game. His work ethic has been relentless, forged as a young man without practice time in Greece, who forever had to make more out of less because of his family's need for him to earn money. If someone stays after Bucks practice, Giannis won't leave until he's the last one on the floor. Sometimes, this goes on for hours."

I agree with you seattle, I'm just saying NBA GM's will try anything to get ahead.

This is pure speculation. But even at that, NBA GMs have now seen him play against real competition. While he hasn't been that good (sure he's shown flashes), at least now they have something.

But you're right, GMs will do anything to get ahead which is why Exum will probably go top 5 - similar to when Dumars took Milicic, it doesn't mean it was a good decision.

If Randle is Zbo and Gordon is Matrix then you draft Randle and laugh your way all the way to the bank.
Zbo is a guy you can run your offense through. Matrix is a nice role player who plays well off a star offensive player like a Zbo.

it depends. who's the coach? what kinda offense we are running? etc, etc.

for our team - we already have 2 PFs with huge potential. is randle that much better than favors/kanter? are we ready to give up 1 of these players? keeping both ain't gonna help. i know they both can play center. but 1 of them will be an odd man out eventually because of randle.

but we obviously have upgrade our SFs. we don't have that defensive stopper, that glue guy who can do it all. gordon can play 3 and 4 sometimes. he brings an instant defensive energy.

i view gordon as a shawn marion with little bit of joakim noah in him. little bit of ak47 too. honestly, Gordon fits better for our team.

randle is better for sure at this stage. but it's a big decision if we have both of these guys available.

This is pure speculation. But even at that, NBA GMs have now seen him play against real competition. While he hasn't been that good (sure he's shown flashes), at least now they have something.

The only thing we can evaluate Exum on is when he played in the Nike Hoops Summit. I would draft him in the top-10, but top-5 would be really pushing it especially when I think Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Randle, Smart, and Gordon are all more proven than him. So I would probably consider him at #7.

Yep. GA is basically Exum. Still has never been good against real competition. Doesn't mean he won't - he's still very young. But Milwaukee took him at the appropriate spot.

by the time these potential guys pan out, they are probably salivating to go to LA or NY anyway. i want guys who can come in play 25 min immediately. randle, smart, and gordon can all contribute next year.

Thank you. <3

totally agree.................................................................
Lol, I got the update that Kentucky won and just of PKM. Don't really care myself, but I'm glad for you. Definitely making something good out of what looked like a bad season. Congrats bro.

it depends. who's the coach? what kinda offense we are running? etc, etc.

for our team - we already have 2 PFs with huge potential. is randle that much better than favors/kanter? are we ready to give up 1 of these players? keeping both ain't gonna help. i know they both can play center. but 1 of them will be an odd man out eventually because of randle.

but we obviously have upgrade our SFs. we don't have that defensive stopper, that glue guy who can do it all. gordon can play 3 and 4 sometimes. he brings an instant defensive energy.

i view gordon as a shawn marion with little bit of joakim noah in him. little bit of ak47 too. honestly, Gordon fits better for our team.

randle is better for sure at this stage. but it's a big decision if we have both of these guys available.

What the hell does the coach have anything to do with who we draft?

We draft the BPA. It's the coach's job to coach.

And yes, Randle is better than kanter. Are you seriously questioning this? Favors is a center, so playing he and Randle together isn't an issue.

You can find good wings anywhere, via free agency or draft. Good bigs, like Randle, are much more rare.

And who fits our team better? Huh? Who the hell is the better player? Randle, clearly. Draft him.

Don't pass up on Randle because we need a SF. Trade kanter. Package him up. Whatever.

It really does sound like you're grasping at straws here to avoid drafting Randle.

honestly, Gordon fits better for our team.

I agree. No idea who i would take.

I think randle is better right now (but not by alot) but i think gordon has a higher ceiling and is more "needed" on the jazz.

I agree. No idea who i would take.

I think randle is better right now (but not by alot) but i think gordon has a higher ceiling and is more "needed" on the jazz.

Go with the BPA. You never go with "fit."

It's amazing the boners people get off Gordon. A few highlight dunks and many here suddenly have wet dreams. Randle dominates in the box, fouls out opposing defenders, eats rebounds, beings a physical presence to the game, and folks yawn.

Pretty sure folks here would yawn at a young Malone, such a boring player. and scream like girls at a Bieber concert for drafting a young "exciting" AK47.

We need a dominate post who isn't a complete joke half the time. Kanter can't jump and is a complete liability on defense. Favors will never be a consistent offensive producer. He's a slightly more offensively talented Tyson Chandler.

Give Randle the ball and let him get to work in the post. I'm so tired of our jump shooting soft team with no offensive focus and no one who you can run the offense through. Draft Randle and you're getting an immediate double double monster who will one day score 20-25 per game and grab ya 10+ rebounds.

Randle is the better pick. I'd take him before Exum, Vonleh or Gordon (I'd be happy with any of them tbh). He'd be a force down low on the offensive end and has shown the willingness to work to improve on defense. I'm about the biggest Kanter homer around and I'd be just fine with having one of those two start while the other comes off the bench.

Kanter can't jump and is a complete liability on defense.

Julius is comparable to Al Jefferson in the way he looks good on the offensive stat line, but won't lead a team to a deep playoff run or play any defense. Both Kanter and Randle do not play defense. Randle doesn't have good hops either. His vertical when playing on the post and trying to create down on the post is bad. He is good on the post at a college level because of his moves and his finishing ability of crazy shots over smaller guys and not the talent and athleticism he will see in the NBA. He is Zach Randolph. Put him next to a great defensive player like Marc Gasol and it will cover up weaknesses. I see him having a very difficult time getting his shot off down low in the NBA, but then I look at Zach and think maybe he could do the same.

We need Gordon on this team more than Randle. Gordon is going to be a defensive first team within 3 years. He is an athletic freak. He rebounds very well. His shot needs a lot of work, but give me Gordon over Randle on this team any day of the week.

Here's what I would do if I were GM and the jazz draft in that 3-5 range... Draft Randle and have him start alongside Favors. Bring in coach Hollins and have him whip our pansie team into shape.

If we can resign Andrei Hayward for a good price, then do it. If not, let Andrei Hayward walk and be overpaid by some idiotic franchise. Have him shoot 1,000 3 pters per day before any video games like WOW.

Start Alex Burke and let him know he's one of the biggest keys to our offense. If he averages 15+ per game we will give him a car franchise and introduce him to some utah coeds.

Move JR Burks from his SF/SG position to his natural PG position. Show Trey Burks nonstop filmage of Mike Conley.

Introduce Gobert to the weight room and have him watch mailman's "Gut and Butt" workout video. Also, force feed him pizza from "the pie" to put on some pounds.

Teach Kanter how to set a screen and shoot 3 pters like Money Memo. If he learns, have him come off our bench. If not, find some sucker franchise, like Toronto or Brooklyn to take him off our back.

Let the 2 vets go to their contending teams. Maybe consider bringing Marv back, depending on the Andrei situation.

Unleash Neto.

Reup trey's backup (Garrett?) to be a 3rd stringer. With our 2nd first round pick, draft a wing who can shoot the hell out of the ball.

Send Lucas to Houston for a bag of Doritos and have him fight their 3rd stringers during practice (which is probably more competitive than that game we recently had with the rockets).

Next year, use favors and Randle with Burke and Burks in the P&R. Have a wing park himself out by the 3 pt line for rotation.

Hammer home the high low action between a favors and kanter/Randle.

Put Randle in Malone sets on the block with wings (like Hayward) coming off curls and cutting to the basket. Randle will either hit the wing or beat his man up inside for easy buckets.

3 years from now when we are competing against a 50 year old Duncan for the WCF, you'll thank me. Meanwhile, Gordon will be a nice energy player for the bobcats or kings. Randle will be a dominate 18/11 guy and in the playoffs.

Julius is comparable to Al Jefferson in the way he looks good on the offensive stat line, but won't lead a team to a deep playoff run or play any defense. Both Kanter and Randle do not play defense. Randle doesn't have good hops either. His vertical when playing on the post and trying to create down on the post is bad. He is good on the post at a college level because of his moves and his finishing ability of crazy shots over smaller guys and not the talent and athleticism he will see in the NBA. He is Zach Randolph. Put him next to a great defensive player like Marc Gasol and it will cover up weaknesses. I see him having a very difficult time getting his shot off down low in the NBA, but then I look at Zach and think maybe he could do the same.

We need Gordon on this team more than Randle. Gordon is going to be a defensive first team within 3 years. He is an athletic freak. He rebounds very well. His shot needs a lot of work, but give me Gordon over Randle on this team any day of the week.

We have a defensive center to go alongside Randle, right? Or was favors recently traded without me knowing it?

Gordon and Favors together force the other 3 guards to carry the bulk of the offensive load. I don't think Trey, Alex, and Andrei are good enough for that.

Besides, Doesn't play defense and cannot jump?

You're wrong. Sorry.

If you can't be just decently informed or honest, then please don't even post.

Last edited: