What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

I take it you all don't want any part of Giles either? He has worse per 40 stats than Anigbogu.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Anigbogu is far from a stiff. Lemme see if I can find a bill walton poetic rant about Ike. I question really how much y'all have seen from him and how much ya know about him in general.

He's using the exception, that a relatively unproductive college player will be productive in the NBA, as if it's some steadfast rule.

No. He's playing under 15 minutes a game. Totally different circumstances than being a starter and playing 30+.

Yeah.

I never doubted his skill.. but definitely doubted his heart.

i think heart is a bit overrated in terms of draftees. Is it completely insignificant? No, but overvalued? Yes. Just my $0.02.

I wish we could have taken Deandre Bembry last year. I still like him.

“Ike Anigbogu, sculpted by Michaelangelo, painted by Leonardo.” - Bill Walton

[tweet]835665603079778305[/tweet]

He's big and athletic. Yes. And he's a stiff offensively. No skill, reliant entirely on athleticism.

He's using the exception, that a relatively unproductive college player will be productive in the NBA, as if it's some steadfast rule.

Bruh do u not get that he's like almost 2 full years younger than Josh Jackson? This is in many ways a redshirt year but on the court for him. How productive he is completely moot, he's productive in blocking shots which will always be a premium in the league.

He's also playing behind NBA talent level players with way more experience, it's terribly crass to overlook that.

Also, I really think that Boston should have traded their pick for Butler, or at least Cousins. I think they effed up.

Like Skal, Anigbogu is a true swing for the fences guy. I wouldn't take him 10 at this point, but around 25, sure.

This is exactly where I stand. If you say you'd take him around 25 how much higher do you have Bam? More than a few spots is overvaluing him.

i think heart is a bit overrated in terms of draftees. Is it completely insignificant? No, but overvalued? Yes. Just my $0.02.

giphy.gif

This is exactly where I stand. If you say you'd take him around 25 how much higher do you have Bam? More than a few spots is overvaluing him.

Bam is tough for me. His production is solid, but when i watch him, i can't help but think he just isn't that good at basketball. On the other hand, he has a soft touch and a guy who is that big and athletic is tough to pass on starting at about 15.

Ok I think I would like to add my opinions to this discussion

Anigbogu - I like the guy and would draft him with one of the jazz picks. It is funny because he has some of the same characteristics as gobert coming out. Athletic shot blocker with no offensive game.

With that said he will probably never be a stretch player to play next to gobert and you would primarily be drafting him to groom him as a back up.

BAM - the guy is a beast and will be a better pro then college player. The spacing will help as well no zone defenses. Last night every time he touch the ball they collapsed on him.

My beef with him and the ability to draft him is his jump shot. The jazz need a player to space the floor with gobert.

I just not sure if he could develop a jumper well enough. A David west face up game would be awesome.

Jeanne - is so cordinated for a player 7-2. If he has the heart of Rudy it would be an amazing pick. He has a decent looking jumper shot too.

I think some people, at least me, see him playing the 4 next to Rudy and get a big fat hard-on thinking of a front line with Rudy 7-1 and Jeanne 7-2.

Jeanne is one of those swing for the fences kind of picks.

I my opinion faultz > ball. If you put faultz on that UCLA team they become easily the best team in the country.

You put ball on Washington and his assists per game go down.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app