What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

At this point

I would be ecstatic if we drafted...
Zhaire Smith

I would be happy if we drafted any of the following given our draft position...
Keita Bates Diop
Elie Okobo
Lonnie Walker
Kevin Huerter
Donte DiVincenzo
Jacob Evans
Melvin Frazier

I could get on board with selecting...
Anfernee Simons
Dzanan Musa
Josh Okogie
Chandler Hutchison
Jerome Robinson
Khyri Thomas
Maybe even Isaac Bonga

Really starting to warm up to Josh Okogie. Not sure what his draft range is, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him land with the Jazz at all. Glad he’s staying in the draft.

What is the cutoff date that players have to pull their names out of this year’s draft?

June 11th I believe

Okobo is French also
Maybe that's been mentioned
But he might be thrilled and ready to play hard with France's best player.

Okobo is French also
Maybe that's been mentioned
But he might be thrilled and ready to play hard with France's best player.

Or a team that is drafting before us who has another french point guard, who is close to retiring, and want another. They have similar games too.

Potential trade up partners for draft picks in realistic range:

Philadelphia
Picks We Could Target #26, #38, #39
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds for Bayless' expiring. Philly would rather shed that $9 million expiring than draft late first or early 2nd. The money freed up could be bringing back Reddick and adding LeBron.

Brooklyn
Picks We Could Target #29
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds, #52 and future 2nds for DeMarre Carroll and #29. Brooklyn sheds his big number for this year and looks to add this summer. This deal would save Brooklyn over $10 million. Late first rounders have been sold for much less in the past.

Washington
Picks We Could Target #15 and #44
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds and #21 for Gortat's $13.5 expiring. We could probably get Washington to avoid the repeater luxury this year AND next. If we did that, #15 could really be in play.

Phoenix
Picks We Could Target #16 and #31
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds and #21 for Tyson Chandler's $13.5 expiring. I don't see much incentive for Phoenix to trade #16, but you never know. Maybe Phoenix sheds the cap space so they can pick Doncic #1 and sign Capella to a max deal. #31 seems for possible for Burks, #52 and a future 2nd for Chandler and #31.

Portland
Picks We Could Target #24
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds and 2nd rounders for Mo Harkless and #24. Portland would avoid a major financial situation for this next season and the next. Would we want Mo enough to pay him this coming season and the next? Does Portland value him? Is #24 worth it?

Milwaukee
Picks We Could Target #17
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds and 2nd rounders for Dellavadova and #17. The Bucks are desperate to win now and Henson and Dellie are in the way financially. If we really liked Dellie, I guess we could use #21 and non-guaranteeds to move up a few spots, but I don't think that's great business. Dellie makes $9+ this next season and 2019-20.

Denver
Picks We Could Target #14
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds and #21 for Wilson Chandler's $12.8 expiring or Faried's $13.7 expiring. Or Burks, a U of Colorado guy, for Faried. Maybe Denver could see Burks as their replacement for Barton should he leave. Hard to believe Denver would let us trade up again, but you just never know.

I'm sure there are a couple more, but this is probably the most realistic initial selection. For those picks not far behind us, we could package with ours, take 2 guys, whatever.

In the playoffs vs the best team in the league.

It was against Aaron craft too... he was always kind of annoying and is not great offensively but defensively he is a bitch to play against. He’s nba level on that side of the ball.

I don't know about that. In the playoffs, he showed he could really score the ball in an open, up-tempo type of game.

I guess... but he’s showed most of his last few years that he is inconsistent and struggles with the more complex parts of the game.

And, like, looked like a player in the league doing it.

His vision, athleticism, swagger have me sold. Wow.

Kid might be a lotto pick.

I think because he’s left handed and kinda has a different looking jumper I keep seeing Mike Conley when he shoots... maybe it’s the floaters.

44 is crazy... that’s like a dude scoring 55 in an nba game.

Philadelphia
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds for Bayless' expiring. Philly would rather shed that $9 million expiring than draft late first or early 2nd. The money freed up could be bringing back Reddick and adding LeBron.

Brooklyn
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds, #52 and future 2nds for DeMarre Carroll and #29. Brooklyn sheds his big number for this year and looks to add this summer. This deal would save Brooklyn over $10 million. Late first rounders have been sold for much less in the past.

Washington
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds and #21 for Gortat's $13.5 expiring. We could probably get Washington to avoid the repeater luxury this year AND next. If we did that, #15 could really be in play.

Phoenix
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds and #21 for Tyson Chandler's $13.5 expiring. I don't see much incentive for Phoenix to trade #16, but you never know. Maybe Phoenix sheds the cap space so they can pick Doncic #1 and sign Capella to a max deal. #31 seems for possible for Burks, #52 and a future 2nd for Chandler and #31.

Portland
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds and 2nd rounders for Mo Harkless and #24. Portland would avoid a major financial situation for this next season and the next. Would we want Mo enough to pay him this coming season and the next? Does Portland value him? Is #24 worth it?

Milwaukee
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds and 2nd rounders for Dellavadova and #17. The Bucks are desperate to win now and Henson and Dellie are in the way financially. If we really liked Dellie, I guess we could use #21 and non-guaranteeds to move up a few spots, but I don't think that's great business. Dellie makes $9+ this next season and 2019-20.

Denver
What we would offer and for what: non-guaranteeds and #21 for Wilson Chandler's $12.8 expiring or Faried's $13.7 expiring. Or Burks, a U of Colorado guy, for Faried. Maybe Denver could see Burks as their replacement for Barton should he leave. Hard to believe Denver would let us trade up again, but you just never know.

I'm sure there are a couple more, but this is probably the most realistic initial selection. For those picks not far behind us, we could package with ours, take 2 guys, whatever.

I really think Philly is the most likely team to trade a pick in the 20s. They have a unique roster space crunch and would like to clear as much space as possible. The pick having a cap hold and some of their other picks from prior years that want to come over also have holds. I’m not sure a second and unguaranteeds for bayless and 26 gets it done though.

What about our 2019 pick unguaranteeds for bayless 26 and either TLC or Korkmaz (I prefer TLC). Clears salary and 3 roster spots. Not sure TLC is any good but he can be 5th wing material and who knows what happens when he is touched by the hand of Johnny Bryant.

And, like, looked like a player in the league doing it.

His vision, athleticism, swagger have me sold. Wow.

Kid might be a lotto pick.

I have to learn more, the sense of being in complete control shown in the videos I've seen clearly pops off the screen.

Philadelphia

Brooklyn

Washington

Phoenix

Portland

Milwaukee

Denver

Not sure I believe that going for a second pick or trying to use cap space to move up is the best move, but I know DL has mapped these and other possibilities out.

Not sure I believe that going for a second pick or trying to use cap space to move up is the best move, but I know DL has mapped these and other possibilities out.

Using our unguaranteeds for another first is 100% the strategy I’d subscribe to... take an expiring asset and turn it into future value and give yourself a chance to land a contributor or maybe a big piece.

Next year use your space for win now stuff.

I really think Philly is the most likely team to trade a pick in the 20s. They have a unique roster space crunch and would like to clear as much space as possible. The pick having a cap hold and some of their other picks from prior years that want to come over also have holds. I’m not sure a second and unguaranteeds for bayless and 26 gets it done though.

What about our 2019 pick unguaranteeds for bayless 26 and either TLC or Korkmaz (I prefer TLC). Clears salary and 3 roster spots. Not sure TLC is any good but he can be 5th wing material and who knows what happens when he is touched by the hand of Johnny Bryant.

Bolden.

Depending on how the first 20 picks go I'd offer Philly 21 for 26 and either 38 or 39. It allows us to add two quality prospects from a class that goes about 40-45 deep. And it allows Philly to consolidate some of the picks that they have. I wouldn't be as interested in trading away future picks or taking back bad contracts.

An interesting prospect that I haven't seen mentioned here is Kevin Hervey of UT Arlington

He measured close to 6'8 in shoes with a 7'3 1/2 wingspan at the combine. Don't think he's in play at 21 but may be a possible 2nd round target. Any thoughts on him?