What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

My two fave Bradley highlights were his amazing dunk at 1:42 and his near alleyoop at 1:22.

He has to be half white.

DL was high on Bradley in the 2017 Draft. He traded up to get him just like he traded up to get DM and Rudy. If DL likes Bradley I like Bradley. In DL I trust.

I noticed a difference in Bradley's body as the season went on. He wants to be good and wants to play on the varsity next year. I expect him to come in better condition. Comparing a big like Bradley and DW is apples to oranges. I am hoping that Bradley will be ready for some backup minutes at center next year. We don't need Rudy logging big minutes during the regular season. If Favors comes back then it might be tough for him to get minutes but I am hoping that he is ready to take the place of Udoh. Also remember Bradley is still very young.

He was 12.0% body fat at the combine a year ago. Those numbers are usually ******** (I remember fatass Deron being 6.0% at one point :rolleyes:) so it wouldn't surprise me if he was more like 14-16%. I doubt he got lean and cut (as he doesn't remotely look it), so yeah, I'd guess he's still somewhere around 10-11%...and he does run in a sort of lumbering manner.

Look at :50 when he gets the steal. He throws the quick outlet and sprints up the court. The dude can move for a guy his size. I think you are just letting how limited he is vertically cloud your judgement. The guy is very graceful in the open court.

Reactions: SCS

Look at :50 when he gets the steal. He throws the quick outlet and sprints up the court. The dude can move for a guy his size. I think you are just letting how limited he is vertically cloud your judgement. The guy is very graceful in the open court.

Fair.

He’s still a Collins’ bro doe.

At :16. The dude can move. He just can't jump.

My issue is how he’ll be on defense. Will he even be able to be an average defender? I mean, I would think he’s prettt much immovable but his inability to jump means he won’t challenge or alter or block very mention shots.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23591050/five-potential-nba-draft-steals-break-next-level

Kevin Knox | Kentucky | F | Age: 18.7

Save Michael Porter Jr., Knox is arguably the most talented combo forward in this draft in terms of sheer ability and upside as one of this class' youngest players. While he needs to get tougher and play with assertiveness for longer, Knox wasn't able to fully show off his abilities. Though Knox is seen as more of a modern forward, the majority of Kentucky's offense was based around running him around screens to get an open look with the paint clogged:

g9FScTtm54lBR_DuSvT90273MoyVNCSEwRdNmbFZ70YjK995A9wNYgKAhoIdv984PYf0ZErz0hWblBKcv_GoHMvzKDb8b-bbEAqG3oeKplOT6OtF8qt2yl65igipUQHJzdyMVgZL

While this is certainly a developed skill that will serve him well as a potential on-the-move shooter, it led to some inefficient play with a reliance on far too many contested jumpers. Part of the off-screen volume is likely by design, as Knox was regularly out to prove that he can play the small forward spot when he was in high school. With that said, having one or two non-spacing bigs on the floor at all times along with struggling shooters like Hamidou Diallo didn't help Knox's case. Already playing a bit upright naturally, Knox was regularly knocked off his spots on the way to the rim. He struggled to play in a crowd and converted fewer than one shot at the rim per game in the half court (excluding floaters, where he was outstanding).

Should he embrace shifting his 6-foot-9 frame and 9-foot standing reach up to the modern power forward spot, Knox's game could blossom.

How will it change in the NBA?

Expect Knox to spend the majority of his time at the 4 in the NBA with teams using him as a lane-filler or trail 3 threat in transition, while picking and popping him to space in the half court. Knox shoots an easy ball and has more shooting potential than combo forward foes Miles and Mikal Bridges, which will allow him to play off of closeouts and rely more on his length and fluidity as opposed to fighting the lack of spacing we too often see in college. The fact that he doesn't need many dribbles to get to his spots bodes well for Knox, who can take advantage of slower-footed defenders checking him in the NBA.

The key will be whether or not he can survive on the backboards and defensively against more physical forwards long enough to take advantage of the edge he'll have at the 4 offensively. Knox was more of an energy defender when we first started evaluating him at age 15, so it's not out of the question that he can recapture some of that effort once his role changes in the NBA.

Knox is the right kind of athlete. I'd like to see him rebound, defend, and develop some moves to get on top of the rim. He's got a lot going for him given his age though. His shooting has come a long, long way in the last year. He's got range, mid-range and floaters.

We were looking at him in the 10 - 13 range, but we're not there anymore.

My issue is how he’ll be on defense. Will he even be able to be an average defender? I mean, I would think he’s prettt much immovable but his inability to jump means he won’t challenge or alter or block very mention shots.
He will have weaknesses on defense, but he could be good. He will have to defend like Marc Gasol did when he was a DPOY candidate.

Knox is the right kind of athlete. I'd like to see him rebound, defend, and develop some moves to get on top of the rim. He's got a lot going for him given his age though. His shooting has come a long, long way in the last year. He's got range, mid-range and floaters.
Yeah, but I don't think he drops out of the lottery. He checks too many boxes without any major weaknesses plus being youngest player in the draft.

Also the hustle to get back to his man on defense after he got the offensive rebound and put back at 1:17