What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

And what? Okobo's gonna be cool with just riding the pine for four years and want to re-sign with us then?

Yes because that is how it works if you have a guy at that position... can’t play another guy and they can never be on the court at the same time.

If he or Exum are better than Rubio or as good you can move stuff around. That is the least of our worries.

If Okobo is good there are easily 15-20 minutes we can find for him regularly... carve out more as needed... not an issue at all.

trae young is a ridiculously good passer and playmaker. people don't understand the offensive load he had to carry on the OU team which accounts for the high turnovers - dude just had to take a ton of risks in order for his team to score points. those are essentially coach sanctioned turnovers. his vision and passing are elite from a college guard, let alone a true frosh.

He was fun as hell... no idea if it works at the next level but if he goes after 6-7 he could make some look foolish... he’s a guy that gets gms fired either for drafting him or passing on him.

If one has to keep rationalizing a weakness, then I would pass on that player. Opposing teams would not be so charitable, at all.

He was fun as hell... no idea if it works at the next level but if he goes after 6-7 he could make some look foolish... he’s a guy that gets gms fired either for drafting him or passing on him.
yep. he's a huge risk due to his size and shooting and then that you can pretty much pencil in the fact he really can't defend. if he can't be an efficient scorer, it's really tough to play a guy like that who will have a tough time defending most players in the league.

I'm not confident at all that Troy Brown is going to last in this draft past 16 or 17.

If we passively sit at 21, I think we're looking at KBD, Huerter, Okobo or Simons. Maybe the Jazz roll the dice on Frazier.

If one has to keep rationalizing a weakness, then I would pass on that player. Opposing teams would not be so charitable, at all.
call it rationalizing, but honestly, I think troy brown has a chance to really improve the jump shot. certainly not a guarantee, but it isn't broken.

call it rationalizing, but honestly, I think troy brown has a chance to really improve the jump shot. certainly not a guarantee, but it isn't broken.

Troy Brown is still 18. It's not hard to project him growing to be 6'8" and 220+ lbs. With his feel and ball skills, combined with his length, he could have an offensive impact similar to Jimmy Butler, even if he never becomes a knock-down shooter. He and Butler are already the same height without shoes. If he becomes a full-fledged three-level scorer, he's pretty much an All Star.

And what? Okobo's gonna be cool with just riding the pine for four years and want to re-sign with us then?
There is this thing called restricted free agency to where he has little choice in the matter unless he wants to take the QO. And I'm sure he would still play a lot, just not starter minutes.

Troy Brown is still 18. It's not hard to project him growing to be 6'8" and 220+ lbs. With his feel and ball skills, combined with his length, he could have an offensive impact similar to Jimmy Butler, even if he never becomes a knock-down shooter. He and Butler are already the same height without shoes. If he becomes a full-fledged three-level scorer, he's pretty much an All Star.
I mean, it's impossible to project height growth for anyone over the age of 18, but he will certainly be in the 220+ range within 2 or 3 years.

Troy Brown moves the ball fast up the court. He flips it instantly with one hand. He would be better than Exum, Burks from day one in terms of ball movement. He already fits into a Euro style of play. Just work on the shot and he is there. Granted it is a risk, but worth it. I would love it if we got him and then pick up Grayson early in the 2nd round.

ESPN's latest mock ---

1 Suns / Ayton
2 Kings / Bagley
3 Hawks / Jackson Jr.
4 Grizz / Doncic
5 Mavs / Bamba
6 Magic / Carter
7 Bulls / Young
8 Cavs / Porter Jr.
9 Knicks / Sexton
10 Sixers / Mikal
11 Hornets / Knox
12 Clips / SGA
13 Clips / Walker
14 Nuggs / Miles
15 Wiz / Williams
16 Suns / Zhaire
17 Bucks / Jerome
18 Spurs / Troy Brown
19 Hawks / Holliday
20 Wolves / KBD
21 Jazz / Huerter
22 Bulls / Hutchison
23 Pacers / Okobo
24 Blazers / Musa
25 Lakers / Melton

yep. he's a huge risk due to his size and shooting and then that you can pretty much pencil in the fact he really can't defend. if he can't be an efficient scorer, it's really tough to play a guy like that who will have a tough time defending most players in the league.

I could also see him being an offense unto himself and really bending defenses.

ESPN's latest mock ---

1 Suns / Ayton
2 Kings / Bagley
3 Hawks / Jackson Jr.
4 Grizz / Doncic
5 Mavs / Bamba
6 Magic / Carter
7 Bulls / Young
8 Cavs / Porter Jr.
9 Knicks / Sexton
10 Sixers / Mikal
11 Hornets / Knox
12 Clips / SGA
13 Clips / Walker
14 Nuggs / Miles
15 Wiz / Williams
16 Suns / Zhaire
17 Bucks / Jerome
18 Spurs / Troy Brown
19 Hawks / Holliday
20 Wolves / KBD
21 Jazz / Huerter
22 Bulls / Hutchison
23 Pacers / Okobo
24 Blazers / Musa
25 Lakers / Melton

Things change, but man I can't believe Sacramento would pass on Doncic... oh wait... I totally believe that.

People sleeping on Miles Bridges imo.

I don't get the Aaron Holiday love.

Huerter is fine but if Okobo is there I'd be a bit disappointed that we took him.