What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

God I want Brown soooooo bad. He’s the one guy projected outside the lottery I think is most likely to be an allstar. There is so much potential with this kid, and it’s hard to believe he’s only 18 just watching his tape. If we don’t get him, I’m going to be sick. Sadly I think he goes in the lottery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure Brown has the athleticism to be an all star. His combine tests were pathetic. He routinely had his shot blocked in arguably the worst major conference in the nation.

Not sure Brown has the athleticism to be an all star. His combine tests were pathetic. He routinely had his shot blocked in arguably the worst major conference in the nation.

He’s more athletic than ingles, and only 18 and doesn’t play like it. His body is going to fill out, and think over time his athletic #’s would improve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want to put some money on that? I'm posting from same area IPs all day everyday. Ask the admin

that NAOS character kept saying the same **** - took me awhile to figure out what he was talking about, talking about past takes I made on people I never even heard of then I figured out he thought I was PGAB

Actually it does. They know they aren't trading up because they can't afford the extra cost. They know they aren't trading out because getting a player on cheap rookie scale deal is valuable to them. They had a general idea of who was in their pick range and one of the few players that was an ideal play style fit for them happened to be Hutchison. The added bonus of being Dame's friend made it easy to promise him he'd be the pick if he was available.
Being friends with someone doesnt make it make sense. The Blazers could also be a team looking to cut salary, meaning they could easily trade their pick.

ACB game 2 of the finals is starting in minutes. If you want to watch some of the last games Doncic plays out of the NBA you can tune in.

Edit: seems like it's third Q already.

Last edited:
I don’t think we have enough to get it done... crowder, 21, 2019 1st, expirings, Bradley for Parsons and 4... just not enough.

I wonder if clips try though... 12/13 and Harris+Beverly I think would be good enough if the rumors are true.

I think the Clippers are the only team out there who can send back a quality player (Harris), expirings (Harris and Boban), and a 1st round draft pick better than ours (either #12 or #13 or both). However, I would highly doubt that the Clippers would send Harris AND #12 or #13 for Parsons and #4. And if the Clippers don't want to trade Harris, they don't have the expiring contracts to send to Memphis to take back Parsons.

No other teams out there have the combination of expirings, a decent pick (better than #21), the willingness to take on Parsons (which we should) and the ability/willingness to include a 2019 1st.

I think we have a very compelling offer for Parsons and #4 (Burks, Jerekbo, Udoh, Bradley, #21, and 2019 1st).

I don't see Grizzlies giving up the 4th pick just to get rid of Parsons at all. Parsons could very well be back to being a fairly servicable player next year, and they are not rebuilding. Obviously, if could get 4+Parsons for 21+Burks+scrubs, that's a great trade, but I strongly doubt that could happen.

Guys I like for the Jazz at 21, all upside picks:

Edit-- Okobo could be on the board at 21. Jazz could easily go that route.

** Jerome Robinson - He'd be our version of Jamal Murray, playing both on and off the ball. May never be a strong defender, but is a very skilled and crafty scorer who can create offense and beat traps and switches. Can put up 20 ppg.

** Josh Okogie - He's a very high-caliber athlete and already looks like a Marcus Smart /Jaylen Brown-level defender. Shot decent percentages with iffy shot selection while playing mostly on the ball. Can guard 1-3 and put up 15 ppg on adequate percentages if some of his wild tendencies can be reigned in. This is a guy who could wreak havoc in the playoffs on both ends of the court due to his length, speed and energy level.

** Anfernee Simons - Instant offense off the bench with the potential to be a starting combo guard. Ideal combination of raw talent, 3-levels of offense, length and athleticism. Would be great if he could grow another 2 inches. Though Trae Young draws some comps to Steph Curry, Simons actually has a Curry-like handle and ability to create looks off the bounce.

** Kevin Huerter - quick-release shooter with 28-ft range and enough size to get shots off. Also athletic enough to attack close-outs, score at the rim or make a play with a pass. Not sure how he'll get space against advanced switching defenses.

Last edited: