What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Good player. Definitely in the 2nd rd conversation. I don't think they'll take him, I doubt they'll like him better than Williams-Goss.

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking for the Jazz, just in general.

Not sure what direction Utah should go.

Kostas Antetokuonmpo is going to test the draft. Nice upside prospect in the 2nd round, imo, maybe late-first. The athleticism and defense should translate well enough to make an impact.

Last edited:
we already have a bradley as a project we don't need another. The only way i would draft him if it would some how guarantee his brother would sign with us when he becomes a free agent. Since that will never happens no thanks

Kostas is not a draftable prospect. He's too mechanical. He's got butter-fingers. He's just in for the evaluation. No way he hires an agent.

He's not even top-100 tbh.

Alex the younger brother(who they call Greak Freak 4.0) is DEFINITELY gonna be the 2nd best Antetokounmpo

Pretty sure I've mentioned him once before. He just blocked the ba-jeezus out of Rui Hachimura at the rim.

Canadian import Mifondu Kambengele, off FSU's bench. He is absolutely one of my favorite propsects in the nation... He's criminally underrated/underappreciated. That kid is a pro..

He's like 6'8" 250lbs and plays SF, and he's got a monstrous build, and his skill level is pretty good.. Whoever found this kid did a damn good job. what a gem.

At this stage even with little attention, he's way better prospect than Kostas...

I think I've found the guy I hope the Jazz get in the upcoming draft. It's Caleb Martin from Nevada. I hadn't seen him before this tourney, but I came away extremely impressed. He sort of reminds me of Gordon Hayward coming out of college. Both are/were...
  • wings that played the post for their undersized college teams (so both were tough)
  • great competitors
  • able to handle the ball (haven't seen enough of Martin to know if his handles are at Haywards in college, but he seemed very solid with the ball)
  • and both had range on their jumpers.

Nah, Kosta plays inside and plays bigger than Maker, though Maker can shoot--so that's a huge point of difference.
No, Kostas plays in college where guys are smaller and Thon plays in the NBA. He isnt a NBA player atm. You take him in free agency after he doesnt get drafted and sign him to a G-League deal.

Anfernee Simons is not only declared but apparently he's got an agent... Great news for Utah.

I think he's a bit risky as a prospect, but I'd be okay if the Jazz picked him. I'm just not sure about his defense or if he can really play much on the ball at the next level. He should be able to score in a D'Angelo Russell or maybe Jamal Crawford sorta way though. We'd be drafting him to be a shooter/scorer primarily.

I think he's a bit risky as a prospect, but I'd be okay if the Jazz picked him.

I think Utah is a near perfect landing spot for him, If he's gonna fall where these mocks have him projected, which I still don't really buy, he deserves to go to a team that prides itself on player development.

I think he's more ready than people want to admit too tbh. Feel like he's the type of player who the Jazz only give garbage minutes to in his rookie season, but performs admirably in those limited minutes and the fans clamour for more PT..

Ya know if he pans out to be starter quality, it's a jackpot scenario for Utah... It'd be like when Atlanta got Jeff Teague in the 20's...

Simons
Mitchell
Ingles
Favors
Gobert

would be very dangerous if Simons reaches his full potential, the offense would really be more potent than it currently is...

Pretty sure I've mentioned him once before. He just blocked the ba-jeezus out of Rui Hachimura at the rim.

Canadian import Mifondu Kambengele, off FSU's bench. He is absolutely one of my favorite propsects in the nation... He's criminally underrated/underappreciated. That kid is a pro..

He's like 6'8" 250lbs and plays SF, and he's got a monstrous build, and his skill level is pretty good.. Whoever found this kid did a damn good job. what a gem.

At this stage even with little attention, he's way better prospect than Kostas...

Interesting prospect but his assist numbers are dreadful and rebounding isn't anything special either.

"This is like my 3 daughters deciding on a blouse at bloomingdales" - Bill Raferty (Talking about the refs review) LOL he is the best in the biz.

Interesting prospect but his assist numbers are dreadful and rebounding isn't anything special either.

FSU is bigger than most NBA teams... Their leading rebounder grabs 5.5 per game.. It's a group effort. 5 boards in 15 minutes per for him is pretty good.

He projects as a pro PF and in college he's playing SF...

FSU is bigger than most NBA teams... Their leading rebounder grabs 5.5 per game.. It's a group effort. 5 boards in 15 minutes per for him is pretty good.

He projects as a pro PF and in college he's playing SF...

He doesn't stand out in any one way statistically and his game film doesn't either. He should stay in school another year and work on his game.

He doesn't stand out in any one way statistically and his game film doesn't either. He should stay in school another year and work on his game.

I disagree and I've been keeping a close eye on FSU this year, I like their style of play and style of recruiting... I'm not surprised they've fared so well in the tournament..Vegas knows whatsup, they aren't big dogs in any of these 'upsets'.. Did u see that game vs gonzaga last night? they looked like the favorite from wire-to-wire, in part cuz there's no let up when the bench unit comes thru.

There's an old joke that kids go to FSU to play basketball so they can get free shoes. Leonard Hamilton, to some is like a Ty Corbin coaching the Jazz type of lame-duck figure, and I vehemently disagree with that assessment. They don't just "get tall / long players" thats obviously an oversimplification. They go after truly tough kids, and the areas where they find these kids, I swear by many of these hotspots....

I've been watching their bench unit closely, they have some "no name players" I really like, specifically Trent Forrest, and Kabengele ALWAYS manages to stand out to me..

He is what I've described as "a warlord wing" the kid is absurdly strong for a freshman SF.. It's ridiculous actually.... They list him at 6'9" too. He's gonna measure out quite well..

He plays SF and is at 2.3 blocks per 40 minutes, this is a big bodied kid with some legit explosion, he might not be a high flyer but he's one of those types who gets off the floor quickly.... He's shot a low volume of 3's just under 1 per game but he's at a very respectable 38%...

One thing that certainly stands out is his advanced age too. He's Born in August of 2017 and is just a freshman meaning if he plays 4 years hell be just about to turn 24 at the time of the 2021 draft. So the shelf life of his college career is probably not what many would presume, I don't think he's a 4-year player...

He is one of the biggest matchup issues coming off the bench left in this tournament... We'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm glad they've made it this far so I can talk about this kid. Call it a hunch, he's a personal favorite of mine, and tbh the players I've said are personal favorites of mine here over the years have fared damn well... Spencer Dinwiddie is gonna win the MIP -- One of my favorite NBA storylines all season, he's wally-pipped Jeremy Lin for sure.

Last edited:
Tyus Battle is having a super strong showing here in the NCAA tournament. I just wanna say this, because he's forced to be far-and-away their #1 offensive option, he really profiles as an excellent role-player.. Of all the players where u say this guy is gonna need to scale down his game for the NBA, Battle is one of the easiest to project that way IMO, he's got what they call a great motor...

He's like ah, Will Barton... and that is not some comparison I throw around lightly, I have always been a huge Will Barton fan. U really got to have a lot of heart for me to even consider throwing that comp around..