What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

What is the point of that TJF? Does it make you feel better to act like a dick? What is your solution to our title contention so I can poke massive holes in that?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
I learn it one time you are get massive hysterical and Make it so mean people can tease at you. Ignore if they can be rude! If you can’t ignore rude you have to. Ok? They tease you more and it is mean.

And Cy would have mocked the idea Trey Lolz and #24 for #13.

I rest my case there. There is a difference between disagreeing and being a dick. Not hard to see the difference.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
I probably would have tbh, but I could have seen the possibility behind it. In that trade the Nuggets got back a lottery pick from 2 seasons ago who looked good his rookie year. They also were still able to keep a first round pick. It was still an awful trade for them, but I get why (especially since they didnt have Millsap at that point).

Your Brooklyn/Utah trade has Utah getting a better player and a better pick where Brooklyn essentially gets nothing. 4 million in cap-space is useless to them this year. At bare minimum the Jazz would have to put their 2019 first round pick in this trade, and even then, why would they do that when next year's draft is projected to be weaker?

BK is pick starved and got the pick by acquiring Carroll... now they sell it off to save a fraction of the cap space and for seconds.

It’s LoPosided... I couldn’t help myself.

Philly might defer a pick this year because they don’t have roster spots and have an abundance of picks. They won’t sell those picks though.
Loposided

Brilliant.

Evans, Huerter and KBP. Those are my three guys. If we get one, I’d be thrilled. I think all fit a need, are well rounded, and would fit in with our culture here.

I know u love trades but man you really need to make them less lopsided for the jazz if you want positive feedback. AB for Carroll straight up is fair... we likely need to add a second... why do they add a first here? Would you propose that if you were a nets fan?
AB for Carroll is extremely unfair. Carroll was great last year and he is a guy who can play the 4 and stretch the floor.

Burks is an injury prone 2-guard who has a questionable shot. He doesnt really fit Brooklyn's play-style at all and they already have a lot of guards. I dont think a 2nd round pick would be enough to sway them off Carroll into Burks. They arent pick starved anymore. They two 2nd round picks in 2018 and 2019 and they have all of their first round picks starting next year.

Would be a nice bench rotation player next year for sure. Instant office when we get stagnate. Would help space the floor for DM and others too.
He could possibly get there, but I'm not convinced he is anything more than a dynamic shooter who can play passable defense.

I thought for certain Nik Stauskus would be good in that role, and it hasnt happened, and Stauskus looked just as talented as Huerter. He was also about the exact same size.

He could possibly get there, but I'm not convinced he is anything more than a dynamic shooter who can play passable defense.

I thought for certain Nik Stauskus would be good in that role, and it hasnt happened, and Stauskus looked just as talented as Huerter. He was also about the exact same size.

I never was a big fan of Stauskus coming out of school.. Huerter feels like he could be a more deadly shooter than Nik was coming into the league.
Who knows how he'll develop, but there's been a lot of talk about his high IQ, and feel for the game. I have a better feeling about him that Stauskus for sure. Let's see how it plays out...

AB for Carroll is extremely unfair. Carroll was great last year and he is a guy who can play the 4 and stretch the floor.

Burks is an injury prone 2-guard who has a questionable shot. He doesnt really fit Brooklyn's play-style at all and they already have a lot of guards. I dont think a 2nd round pick would be enough to sway them off Carroll into Burks. They arent pick starved anymore. They two 2nd round picks in 2018 and 2019 and they have all of their first round picks starting next year.

Clears 4M in cap space and takes them from 15 to 19M and makes them a player in FA. They also don’t want to be good this year so DMC is a bet they may not want to be around... they have their own pick so it’s tank szn... I don’t disagree on the other points... it ain’t about players it’s about dollars and they may not do it... I should have said AB for Carroll is more fair... them adding a pick is way too far.

I never was a big fan of Stauskus coming out of school.. Huerter feels like he could be a more deadly shooter than Nik was coming into the league.
Who knows how he'll develop, but there's been a lot of talk about his high IQ, and feel for the game. I have a better feeling about him that Stauskus for sure. Let's see how it plays out...
Stauskas shot 44% two years in a row from 3 and shot above 85% and 82% from the FT line. He, at least by stats, was the more accomplished shooter.

Huerter's shot looks better and quicker (this is probably the crux of his NBA career, his ability to play off-ball and shoot quickly coming off various movements and actions). He also looks a bit more lean and a bit more explosive vertically. I would say Stauskas was the more advanced playmaker and ball-handler coming out of Michigan. Huerter is also weirdly poor from the FT line, which is completely out of line for any elite NBA 3pt shooter he has been compared to.

I think this game from Stauskas is more impressive than most stuff I've seen from Huerter in terms of his overall game.

Last edited:
Clears 4M in cap space and takes them from 15 to 19M and makes them a player in FA. They also don’t want to be good this year so DMC is a bet they may not want to be around... they have their own pick so it’s tank szn... I don’t disagree on the other points... it ain’t about players it’s about dollars and they may not do it... I should have said AB for Carroll is more fair... them adding a pick is way too far.
Maybe they would then, but 15 to 19 doesnt really sound like that big of a difference. They would have to have a concrete plan of action where they knew they needed that extra 4 million to make the deal make sense.

Stauskas shot 44% two years in a row from 3 and shot above 85% and 82% from the FT line. He, at least by stats, was the more accomplished shooter.

Huerter's shot looks better and quicker (this is probably the crux of his NBA career, his ability to play off-ball and shoot quickly coming off various movements and actions). He also looks a bit more lean and a bit more explosive vertically. I would say Stauskas was the more advanced playmaker and ball-handler coming out of Michigan.

I think this game from Stauskas is more impressive than most stuff I've seen from Huerter in terms of his overall game.

I was talking about the feel. Some people just look more NBA ready, and capable. Huerters release, slight 1 inch height advantage, and moves the basket all make me think
he'll be a better player. I think you listed all the reasons why I like Heurter more coming out of college. He just jumps off the screen more as an NBA shot maker than Nik.

All depends on where he lands. I think Utah is one of the best destinations for him. Quin would be a great coach for him.

I think Nik always looked more like a college star. Heurter looks like he has the tools to succeed the NBA.

I learn it one time you are get massive hysterical and Make it so mean people can tease at you. Ignore if they can be rude! If you can’t ignore rude you have to. Ok? They tease you more and it is mean.

I love that Loposided liked this post.

I was talking about the feel. Some people just look more NBA ready, and capable. Huerters release, slight 1 inch height advantage, and moves the basket all make me think
he'll be a better player. I think you listed all the reasons why I like Heurter more coming out of college. He just jumps off the screen more as an NBA shot maker than Nik.

All depends on where he lands. I think Utah is one of the best destinations for him. Quin would be a great coach for him.
Yeah, but I think Stauskas clearly had the better "feel". I think Huerter just fills a niche role better. Maybe he can evolve out of that niche.

@Gas was the biggest Stauksas fan iirc. How do you think he compares to Huerter?

I think Huerter just fills a niche role better.

He might be a niche roll player to start off with, but I see more there. He can drive, and step back with some very nice looking moves. He's got a nice vertical, and can rebound.
I think he'd be a very nice piece to our rotation. I keep reading high IQ player, and seeing a well rounded offensive game. He's more than a catch and shoot guy. That just might be his elite skill.