Solid shot blocker

Better than advertised athlete

Cons:

Can be quite foul prone

Virtual unknown

Relative late bloomer

Overshadowed by his higher profile teammate

Summary:

Ajdin Penava is a little known big man from Bosnia and Herzegovina that has been having a very productive junior season for Marshall.

He's an athletic big man that can finish plays around the basket to get scores, and he is also a good passer for a player his size. Penava was instrumental in helping Marshall get a surprising upset win over WIchita State, as he could be a player to keep an eye on in the future.

Jazz are typically looking for:
  1. size & length for position
  2. plus athleticism
  3. defense
  4. shooting
  5. ability to create in the pick-and-roll
If they have size and can play on the wing, that's a real plus. Of course, most teams think this way.

Kevin Huerter checks the boxes more or less.
Troy Brown is good if he'll shoot better.

I have to believe those two guys really stand out for the Jazz at the moment.

I don't think the Jazz are keen on drafting a guy whose 6'3" or less unless he's really awesome.

Agreed! I would add "young" to that list. I don't think they have drafted an upperclassman under DL. So many prospects in that 6'3" range but I don't see us going there with what we already have. I would be fine with either Brown or Huerter.

I wonder if the Jazz would consider trading Crowder to move up?

I posed that question and response was not great. I think we could do 21+Crowder and guarantee Jonas' contract for Marvin Williams and 11. It would save Charlotte some money without looking like a non-basketball move.

Jae is good... I'm glad we got him, but his shooting and production don't match his general perception.

I posed that question and response was not great. I think we could do 21+Crowder and guarantee Jonas' contract for Marvin Williams and 11. It would save Charlotte some money without looking like a non-basketball move.

I would make that trade in a heartbeat. I doubt Charlotte would do it though.

I would make that trade in a heartbeat. I doubt Charlotte would do it though.

They probably would not. Who knows what that team is doing? They need to pick a direction... I think Kemba gets moved or bolts this offseason.

I'm really glad they they are getting in Anfernee Simons in for a close look

Y'all think we'd be getting in all these guys for workouts if it weren't for DM45~!

I do, yes. They are in our range and their agents know it.

I honestly think Brown May be the best pure basketball player somewhat in our range. His lack of athleticism and shooting scares me though.

I feel like now is a good time to remind people I like Okogie still.

Untappedtalent.org

What don't you like?

Lack of handle/passing/shot creation. He's another guy who needs to be set up. Plus, I don't like guys who aren't on anyone's radar until they make a deep NCAA tournament run. He's getting excess attention and hype due to being a surprise and outperforming low expectations. Meanwhile, a guy like Gary Trent, who has been a solid top-15 prospect with this class for years, and Jerome Robinson, who is a year younger and who nearly led the ACC in scoring going up against double coverage every night, are being overlooked because they don't engender the same 'surprise and delight.'

My choice at #21 would be Troy Brown or Grayson Allen.

I think Troy would flourish with the development program. He plays under control, and intelligent. If he gets his shot I see him as a more athletic Joe Ingles. Plus, I think he could grow another inch.

However, I think Grayson has an immediate impact. If Rubio is injured which could happen, he gives us rotation starter depth and he becomes our best shooter at guard.

Jazz are typically looking for:
  1. size & length for position
  2. plus athleticism
  3. defense
  4. shooting
  5. ability to create in the pick-and-roll
If they have size and can play on the wing, that's a real plus. Of course, most teams think this way.

Kevin Huerter checks the boxes more or less.
Troy Brown is good if he'll shoot better.

I have to believe those two guys really stand out for the Jazz at the moment.

I don't think the Jazz are keen on drafting a guy who is 6'3" or less unless he's really awesome.

Several players around 21 check a lot of those boxes. Makes this draft an interesting one.

My choice at #21 would be Troy Brown or Grayson Allen.

I think Troy would flourish with the development program. He plays under control, and intelligent. If he gets his shot I see him as a more athletic Joe Ingles. Plus, I think he could grow another inch.

However, I think Grayson has an immediate impact. If Rubio is injured which could happen, he gives us rotation starter depth and he becomes our best shooter at guard.

Troy could be the new canned soup.

I still think that our main team need is someone who can create their own offense off of the dribble when a play breaks down or the defense just does a good job. Right now DM is the only player that we have that can do that consistently. For that reason I'm still on the Okobo train. I think that he has that type of potential offensively. If we could move up I'd love to get Lonnie Walker, I think he has that potential. I think that players like Zhaire Smith, Donte DiVincenzo and Anfernee Simons can develop it too. Possibly Huerter.