What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Why is Musa so high on Pelton's list? He is right behind Mo Bamba. Statistically does he really rank that high - the 7th best prospect?

Musa is a major stat sheet stuffer... Every single game i've seen of his he's had the best stats on the floor in a landslide..

He had a -1.3 DBPM in college, which is really bad.
Defensive stats are incredibly flawed.

these guys and the highlights they posted seem to think he's pretty good on that end. doesn't mean they are right, but the stat above doesn't mean they are wrong either. I watched every BC game since January and he's a good defender. you don't have to agree, i'm sure you've seen him plenty as well, but i'll call it like a see it.

Defensive stats are incredibly flawed.

these guys and the highlights they posted seem to think he's pretty good on that end. doesn't mean they are right, but the stat above doesn't mean they are wrong either. I watched every BC game since January and he's a good defender. you don't have to agree, i'm sure you've seen him plenty as well, but i'll call it like a see it.
You are probably right, but it's super rare to find anyone in the negative who gets drafted. Even Trae Young posted a positive DBPM of .5

-1.3 is really really bad. Yes, it's flawed, but I still think it points to the likely case of him being a terrible defender.

Just watch any Zhaire Smith highlight reel. There is close to ZERO skill displayed in any of those. Almost everything is pure, unvarnished athleticism.

^there is only one play that I can categorize as a skill play in this whole video. He's such a weird prospect.... I am having real hard time judging Smith and putting him into a mold that succeeds in the league. He needs to shoot it well for him to have a chance, otherwise he's closer to KJ McDaniels than to Mitchell as some people have been comparing him to.

I have him in my top 10. I am a big fan. Elite athlete, great natural instincts and high bball IQ, good rebounder for his position, good enough passing vision, really good defender, he's not afraid to do the dirty work (set a good screen, fight for a loose ball, relocate to an open spot on the floor or make a smart cut to the rim). He just does a lot of things well and has a lot of tools needed for development. Another thing that I like is that he seems to know who he is as a player right now. So many players at 18, 19 years old start to have success and then try to do things on the court that they don't need to do or aren't good at. Zhaire stays in his lane. I think that if he gets with the right team that has a good development staff that can get him more comfortable with his outside shot, his handles and his ability to create offense for himself then he can be a really good player. At worst I think he'll be a solid role player.

You are probably right, but it's super rare to find anyone in the negative who gets drafted. Even Trae Young posted a positive DBPM of .5

-1.3 is really really bad. Yes, it's flawed, but I still think it points to the likely case of him being a terrible defender.

Yeah. Defensive stats are flawed for sure, especially in college. I don’t think they do a good job of saying who actually is good at defense...I do think they do a pretty good job of saying who’s bad at it.

Essentially, having a good DRPM doesn’t mean you’re a good defender. However, I would say that having a negative DRPM does mean that you’re a bad defender.

Yeah. Defensive stats are flawed for sure, especially in college. I don’t think they do a good job of saying who actually is good at defense...I do think they do a pretty good job of saying who’s bad at it.

Essentially, having a good DRPM doesn’t mean you’re a good defender. However, I would say that having a negative DRPM does mean that you’re a bad defender.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/boston-college/2018.html

He is the lowest on his team among the players who get regular rotation minuets too.

Tbh, at this point, I just want to draft Grayson Allen.

Why?

The vast potential for so many Ted Cruz jokes/pictures. The entertainment level is high.

Jazz working overtime this draft season....

http://www.1280thezone.com/walt-per...luating-double-digit-prospects-at-this-point/

Eric Woodyard‏Verified account @E_Woodyard
The Utah Jazz front office is logging in overtime as the 2018 NBA Draft approaches. Walt Perrin, Utah's VP of Player Personnel admits "there's panic going on right now. I'm joking a little bit, but I'm not," he said. "We're putting in some pretty long hours"

Smokescreen. Jazz brass are actually not working hard at all and have been on vacation for the last month.

But seriously, I'm not surprised, this draft is going to be a **** show. I think we're going to see a lot of trades and chaos.

Sounded like JRob didn't shoot the ball well in the workout with the Jazz today. Sounded kinda tired in the interview also.

Damn it.