What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Now that the dust has settled, I have oh so many questions, here's one I like;

Who will shine the brightest in Dallas, Doncic or Dennis Smith Jr. ?

Gonna be tough for DSJ to shine when he’s on the bench with injuries or being in the doghouse for his ****** defense.

the robert williams thing is ridiculous. I have followed that kid for a very long time I saw him when he was about 6'6 or 6'7 with arms hanging down to his knees.

he's not the brightest kid. doesn't mean his instincts are bad tho. this kid completely dominated bam adebayo as freshman and he was a lotto pick.

The Celtics get an A or A+ in this draft just based on that pick alone he's what they need. A major peice in the east. I always thought he was a bit like Ben Wallace.

The arms race in the west is heating up quickly.

This trend has been going on for years but the bad teams are getting better and more competitive.

The problems are:

1. Does he have a post game with footwork to utilize his length and athleticism...nope.
2. Does he have a decent FT% to capitalize when he does catch it right under the basket....nope.

The odds of getting #1 are rare. Derrick Favors and Dwight Howard never developed anything. It's almost inborn for a big.
He can probably get to the high 60's in free throw percentile. Not a given though, might end up high 50s, which is a tough player to keep on the court in the 4th quarter.

The problems are:

1. Does he have a post game with footwork to utilize his length and athleticism...nope.
2. Does he have a decent FT% to capitalize when he does catch it right under the basket....nope.

The odds of getting #1 are rare. Derrick Favors and Dwight Howard never developed anything. It's almost inborn for a big.
He can probably get to the high 60's in free throw percentile. Not a given though, might end up high 50s, which is a tough player to keep on the court in the 4th quarter.

disagree he can reach the 70's in due time.

Philly fans are livid with the trade down to 16 btw. but they are silly and shortsighted. The 76ers are planning ahead, getting an unprotected 2021 pick is like buying a lotto ticket wiht some good odds, that draft will be extremely top heavy, perhaps the mos top heavy since this one..

That’s missing 16% of his games. Considering his issues coming into the draft, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he could be hurt too often.

no reason to over exert him with his history and their teams direction last year. Cuban was finned 500k for publicly commenting on tanking no?

no reason to over exert him with his history and their teams direction last year. Cuban was finned 500k for publicly commenting on tanking no?

So he doesn’t get hurt often, but it’s smart to not play him too much because of his injury history? Makes sense.

Can’t deny he sucks on defense though.

I do like the Stevie Franchise comp. Super talented but not exactly a winning player.

So he doesn’t get hurt often, but it’s smart to not play him too much because of his injury history? Makes sense.

I do like the Stevie Franchise comp. Super talented but not exactly a winning player.

I’m not sure Steve Francis would be as good in the modern NBA... he’d be maybe a better shooting wall... I don’t know that was a weird era compared to now.

Philly fans are livid with the trade down to 16 btw. but they are silly and shortsighted. The 76ers are planning ahead, getting an unprotected 2021 pick is like buying a lotto ticket wiht some good odds, that draft will be extremely top heavy, perhaps the mos top heavy since this one..

Especially since they were debating taking Smith at 10 anyways. Only reason they’re mad is because they took Bridges.

Especially since they were debating taking Smith at 10 anyways. Only reason they’re mad is because they took Bridges.

Kind of savvy move from a team that is being GMd by a coach. Good long term type thinking.

Unprotected picks that far out and potentially in a great draft... at very least the perceived value in a trade would be high... might help them land Kawhi.

disagree he can reach the 70's in due time.
Lol in you’re hopes and dreams

Not that Francis was ever that good a shooter, but he was a much better shooter then Smith ever has been between college and nba the last two years. Hell, he couldn’t even break 70% ft shooting.

Kind of savvy move from a team that is being GMd by a coach. Good long term type thinking.

Unprotected picks that far out and potentially in a great draft... at very least the perceived value in a trade would be high... might help them land Kawhi.

That’s the crazy thing about picks that far in the future. Nobody knows how good the Heat will be 3 years from now. That could be a top-5 pick. Very savvy move by them. You get the guy you want and an unprotected pick.

That’s the crazy thing about picks that far in the future. Nobody knows how good the Heat will be 3 years from now. That could be a top-5 pick. Very savvy move by them. You get the guy you want and an unprotected pick.

Specifically on the heat... Riley may not be around and they are capped out and aging... I’d guess they are a 7/8 seed for the next year or two and Dragic can bolt... they might be full rebuild and LBJ ain’t walking through that door... probably.

Not great from Phoenix... I think they may try to short the process to appease their “star”.

If I was Philly I would have kept Mikal. He seems like such a perfect basketball fit next to Embiid and Simmons. Better fit than Smith. That said I don't think it was a bad trade for Philly. I liked Zhaire more than most people. Getting a first round pick too isn't a bad deal.

If I was Philly I would have kept Mikal. He seems like such a perfect basketball fit next to Embiid and Simmons. Better fit than Smith. That said I don't think it was a bad trade for Philly. I liked Zhaire more than most people. Getting a first round pick too isn't a bad deal.

He’s good for sure but what if he’s a better shooting Wesley Johnson... I think he has a skill set they can find in FA... if he was a little bigger and could guard the LeBrons and Tatums I’d be more in... not sure I would have gone with Smith if I was them... might have gone with a guy more skilled and less athlete like Huerter or A blend of both like Walker.