What's new

Following Potential 2021 Draftees

I'm guessing the Jazz are going to like Trendon Watford from LSU. He has NBA size at 6'9" / 236 lbs, with a 7'3" wingspan. He can handle a bit and score with either hand with runners in the lane. Shoots 3s near 40%, albeit with low volume. Averages over 4 assists vs. 1.8 turnovers. Has solid advanced stats across the board with one glaring exception, which is his FTA rate. He's not a great athlete, but has decent mobility for a 4. The question will be how good a defender he is.

Freshman SG Cam Thomas drops 29 for LSU today.. He's really hit the ground running for a freshman 22ppg and climbing...

Drew Timme could go one-and-done if he keeps playing like this. I feel like Utah would love to have him he's a good fit around players like Rudy and Udoka.

Has some David Lee type qualities. Some Joe Ingles type qualities. Winner hustle player who's got a good nose for boards and buckets.

I'm guessing the Jazz are going to like Trendon Watford from LSU. He has NBA size at 6'9" / 236 lbs, with a 7'3" wingspan. He can handle a bit and score with either hand with runners in the lane. Shoots 3s near 40%, albeit with low volume. Averages over 4 assists vs. 1.8 turnovers. Has solid advanced stats across the board with one glaring exception, which is his FTA rate. He's not a great athlete, but has decent mobility for a 4. The question will be how good a defender he is.

eh... I dont think this is a jazz type of player and i dont think he's a 40% 3pt shooter.. i dont think hes a very good defender either, which is why i dont think hes a jazz type of player.. He's worth monitoring, for now tho this is someone who's kinda built like an NBAplayer but really isnt an NBA quality player or close... He's destined for the g-league..

Watford's been extremely highly ranked for years and the lustre has been fading and imo its a smoke and fire situation.

LSU however has many promising players.

I think ultimately the deathknell for Watford's value is he's really just a backup 5 which is an extremely oversaturated position and there's just not the need to draft players like that who arent ready to compete for the rotation anyhigher than late 2nd.

I've watched him play a lot... He is a bad FT shooter and he tries to lay things up that drive me crazy sometimes, dunk the ball!!

Last edited:
eh... I dont think this is a jazz type of player and i dont think he's a 40% 3pt shooter.. i dont think hes a very good defender either, which is why i dont think hes a jazz type of player.. He's worth monitoring, for now tho this is someone who's kinda built like an NBAplayer but really isnt an NBA quality player or close... He's destined for the g-league..

Watford's been extremely highly ranked for years and the lustre has been fading and imo its a smoke and fire situation.

LSU however has many promising players.

I think he's most likely a 4. The concern with him would be that he's a so-so athlete and that he turns out to be just soft in general--e.g., DJ Wilson.

Complete destructionof MSU by Minnesota first half ended 36-16... Thats a solid team... Marcus Carr remains under the radar

Ya know I just wanna say I refuse to believe ESPN's ranking of Ibou Badji at #63 on their best available list. I think thats BS.

Thats one of those things ima need to see to believe.... Til that happens I'm gonna say he's safely a top-40 guy at bare minimum.

There are obvious warts in his game when ur talking about a 2-year timeframe, he's obviously destined for the g-league. He's also SUPER YOUNG...... Born OCT 2002... This is part of why I think ESPN is just being far too harsh with that ranking given his physical talent...

Im sure what influenced that ranking he had some bad showings this summer and got into early foul trouble... Also needs to work on his FT shot bigtime barely a coinflip guy rn.

Last edited:
Badji seems to me like the type of player teams would love to pretend they dont like with hopes to get him cheap.. He also for some teams could be a very obvious stash target..

and I'm not gonna talk much about too many C's in this draft because of the Udoka pick but Badji is on a whole nother timeline..

If Utah could nab him in the 2nd rd it could prove to be great value...

I've made manyposts in the past about just drafting C's to stash and trade.. I feel like Badji would actually be a great target for Utah...

Another thing ESPN deserves to be called out for is Aaron Henry at #37... Thats BS.. Bogus... Favoritism.. They're wrong and dont wanna admit it...

Been pushing Aaron Henry in their mocks for years and he sucks...

There's a player named Dariq Whitehead who will probably be a lotto pick in a few years he's a top10 player in his class with Jimmy Butler like qualities. Would be a most excellent pair on the wing with Mitchell.

ESPN's been acting like Aaron Henry is some Dariq Whitehead type of figure(in skillset) for years.. and he's simply far too dull for that, he's more like a fringe guy..

The thing is too the guys who go and get evaluated then come back what exactly does that say?? Teams didnt value Aaron Henry as some potential role player out of the gates in the last draft... There's really not much improvement at all shown this year, in fact it's right now regression...

So I feel pretty confident in saying ESPN has him WAY ****ing overrated, and has for years..

Ayy yall remember back in peak Aaron Gordon madness around here that I used to say "just take Jerami Grant late in the first instead"??

U gotta admit i was spot on the $$$ with that one..

I understand AG is slightly more useful than his raw stats indicate, but really compared to the production of Jerami Grant whos an outstanding defender in his own right... It's not really even a close contest anymore..

Ayy also I used to sit in these threads and talk up Christian Wood and I was shocked as hell when he went undrafted..

Did you guys hear the story that Christian Wood's girlfriend left him the day of the draft when he didnt get picked ????!?!?!

There's a Belgian kid worth keeping an eye on. His name is Vrenz Bleijenbergh. He's 6'10", highly mobile and seemingly capable of creating in pick-and-roll. Can also shoot from deep.

Jaden Springer with another extremely productive game off the bench for tennessee. He looks like a good fit in utah with mitchell IMO..