What's new

Following Potential 2021 Draftees

I'll just say this once more cuz it doesnt get repeated enough. I think it's a forgone conclusion that Kuminga takes Luol Deng's spot as the best wing player born in Africa.

The globalization of the game is really to me the #1 storyline of it all.. Very cool stuff. We are gonna see some spectacular **** in the 2020's for sure.. These players are SO good for their current age... it's gonna be crazy to see these players in their prime..

Last edited:
I like to talk about these open market bidding scenarios, i think they lead to very healthy conversation, cuz really what we're doing here is appraisals, so why beat around the bush ?.... Is that 500k number from the g-league really a fair # for players the quality of Kuminga or Jalen Green??

The more i think on it, the more im sure the answer to that question is actually (and obviously) no... I dont feel like there's any bit of 'counting chickens before they hatch' in that answer either, these players have achieved that status to command far beyond that salary right now, it's not a reflection/investment in 'potential'.... 500k is a low-ball number (for those 2 players specifically)... These players would do damage in pro leagues across the planet, like serious damage... These leagues do not have guards who can stand in front of Jalen Green.. Kuminga is really quite the menace in transition, he's a big strong athletic kid who plays with fire --- every game this kid plays everyones going at his neck the entire time.... which is how'd id be if they played in some pro league, cuz these are the type of kids the older players know can embarass them... Ive been saying for years the one-and-done rule is unjust, specifically for players of THIS quality..

but where "the rub" comes in is that there's a risk of injury/pulling out and hurting your potential earnings.... and tbh thats right where the low-ball # comes in, because these other pro teams bidding know that they could get a situation like LaMelo picking up and leaving after injury.. the thing is if you were in the shoes of Kuminga or Green, i think it's fair to say they'd expect to make upwards of $100MM in their careers, minimum, so the 500k 1 year thing is just a speedbump to them...

Last edited:
I mean... lets pretend thats how it works... an open bidding between the teams, like some baseball style japanese superstar thing... do you know how high the bid would be for either of those players???? Is Utah really the type of team who's gonna win that bidding???

Lets say you have abidding to sign him on top of a 4 year 40million dollar contract that works like a rookie deal. I'd honestly assume the bidding to hit like at least $80MM... i dont really see why it wouldnt go over that either tbh.. i really do believe that type of thing would spiral very far out of control very quickly... cuz i mean this is not baseball, you have 5 guys on the floor in basketball who play offense and defense...

all of a sudden people would start justifying spending crazy money...

But G League is technically pro level and players are technically available to sign as long as they're not already committed somehow to a higher NBA team. So by definition isn't he available to sign?

But G League is technically pro level and players are technically available to sign as long as they're not already committed somehow to a higher NBA team. So by definition isn't he available to sign?
You can't even declare for the NBA draft if your not 1 year removed from your final year of High School. So surely you can't just sign them outright.

Landers Nolley is granted his waiver to play at Memphis this season. Could be a sign of things to come for a long list of players trying to get instant eligibility.

bump. Who's the biggest talent in next year's draft? Is he a young athletic wing who can shoot? I'm bracing for a lottery season up ahead. Warriors might've taken our spot when Steph and Klay return. Maybe Suns too.

bump. Who's the biggest talent in next year's draft? Is he a young athletic wing who can shoot? I'm bracing for a lottery season up ahead. Warriors might've taken our spot when Steph and Klay return. Maybe Suns too.
Well there's some debate but I'm guessing the raw talent you're looking for is Jalen Green, who got paid big bux by the G-League, he's the yahtzee scenario for Utah(and most teams) in this next draft.

If Utah lands Jalen Green their backcourt is set in stone til the 2030's...

He's 6'5 and ULTRA athletic (just see the first highlight in this package, he does stuff like that more often than you'd think...), got the long legs like Exum except he's extremely bouncy and extremely quick first step, no one in college would be able to contain him, and he's plenty acrobatic around the rim... very dangerous/capable jumpshooter with deep range who can get hot, he displays a solid step-back j too, makes tons of space with it... would almost certainly be the #1 pick in this years draft if eligible.

Last edited:
USA TOday recently posted this 2021 mock draft. I'm sure it's far off the other ones around the internet (I think it's terrible) i just wanna post it here for reference.
https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/lists/2021-nba-mock-draft-cade-cunningham-g-league-select-team/ (if you want to see the descriptions)

1 Cade Cunningham, Oklahoma State (G)
2 Jalen Green, G League Ignite (G)
3 Jonathan Kuminga, G League Ignite (F)
4 Jalen Suggs, Gonzaga (G)
5 Jalen Johnson, Duke (F)
6 Roko Prkacin, Cibona Zagreb (Big)
7 Jared Butler, Baylor (G)
8 Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana (Big)
9 Scottie Barnes, Florida State (F)
10 Evan Mobley, USC (Big)
11 Keyontae Johnson, Florida (F)

12 Usman Garuba, Real Madrid (Big)
13 Miles McBride, West Virginia (G)
14 BJ Boston, Kentucky (G)
15 Sharife Cooper, Auburn (G)
16 Marcus Zegarowski, Creighton (G)
17 Ziaire Williams, Stanford (Wing)
18 Josh Christopher, Arizona State (G)
19 Moses Moody, Arkansas (G)
20 Ariel Hukporti, Kedainiai Nevezis (Big)
21 Cam Thomas, LSU (G)
22 Keon Johnson, Tennessee (G)
23 Terence Clarke, Kentucky (G)
24 Oscar Tshiebwe, West Virginia (Big)
25 Greg Brown, Texas (Big)
Michael Devoe, Georgia Tech (G)
27 Caleb Love, North Carolina (G)
28 Daishen Nix, G League Select Team (G)
29 Amar Sylla, Oostende (Big)
30 Jaden Springer, Tennessee (G)
31 David Johnson, Louisville (G)
32 Luka Garza, Iowa (Big)
33 John Petty, Alabama (Wing)
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Villanova (Big)
35 Will Richardson, Oregon (Wing)
36 Scottie Lewis, Florida (Wing)
37 Darius Days, LSU (Big)
38 Joel Ayayi, Gonzaga (G)
39 Corey Kispert, Gonzaga (Wing)
40 Colbey Ross, Pepperdine (G)
41 Nah'shon Hyland, VCU (G)
42 Josh Giddey, Adelaide (G)
Ron Harper Jr., Rutgers (F)
44 Moussa Cisse, Memphis (Big)
Franz Wagner, Michigan (Wing)
46 Ibou Badji, Barcelona II (Big)
47 Jordan Schakel, San Diego State (G)
Aaron Henry, Michigan State (Wing)
49 Devin Askew, Kentucky (G)
Yves Pons, Tennesse (Big --- what?)
51 Matthew Hurt, Duke (F)
52 Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois (G)
53 James Bouknight, Connecticut (G)
54 Terrence Shannon, Texas Tech (G)
55 Juhann Begarin, Paris Basketball (G)
56 Makur Maker, Howard (Big)
57 Marcus Garrett, Kansas (G)
58 Kofi Cockburn, Illinois (Big)
59 Chris Smith, UCLA (Wing)
60 Antoine Davis, Detroit Mercy (G)

Lemme just say this rn before the 2020 draft even takes place. In 2021 Utah should draft 6'2" PG Khristian Lander who will be running the show for IU

ey i got a super-duper sleeper, headed to Duquesne... this kid has a wingspan in Gobert territory... Mounir Hima... from Niger...

hes not ranked at all anywhere, all of his offers were local except for Texas A&M who didnt offer but they tried to get him on campus, which was shut down by the pandemic.. not mentioned ont he scouting sites.. so we'll treat this like hes a 2-star player..

So Olivier Sarr is officially elligible to play this season. Obi Toppin's brother Jacob too. Kentucky should be #1 in all preseason polls.

Purdue has a 7'3" 285lb freshman named Zach Edey from Toronto who's apparently ahead of schedule.. Worth keeping an eye on..

Purdue's in for a down year with the loss of Haarms. They'll bounce back even better inthe 2021-2022 season though, with Forwards Caleb Furst and Trey Kaufman already signed they wont have much issue bringing in other talent.

Kaufman is a MASSIVE pull on the recruiting trail. Keeping a major in-state recruit in state and away from Indiana, who was long percieved as the favorite in his recruitment. He's the best prospect they have now, but they have some interesting surrounding peices for sure.