What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

I'm very interested to see how Talen Horton-Tucker measures out. Talent-wise, I think he's better than both the Tennessee guys. He'd probably need to play at the 3 with some switchability on defense.

Talen Horton-Tucker's role should be pretty similar to Lance Stephenson's. Either you like that type of player or you don't. Hopefully he's not a knucklehead.

I'm very interested to see how Talen Horton-Tucker measures out. Talent-wise, I think he's better than both the Tennessee guys. He'd probably need to play at the 3 with some switchability on defense.

If he gets some pro level conditioning and training he couold become a better athlete and that could drastically improve his game. He's got all the fundamentals down. He kind of reminds me of a guard version of Charles Barkley.

If he gets some pro level conditioning and training he couold become a better athlete and that could drastically improve his game. He's got all the fundamentals down. He kind of reminds me of a guard version of Charles Barkley.

If he could drop 10 - 15 lbs, then yeah, he could be a high-impact guard. He'd need to be about 6'5" 220 lbs, which would be comparable to James Harden.

Last edited:
I'd say guard version of Ron Artest.

I'd rather Horton-Tucker as a high skill wing/forward than a giant guard myself.

To me, he's an interesting player when he's playing on the ball. He's got enough strength and enough burst to dictate the play. To me that makes him at least a secondary initiator. If he's on the wing, he's less exceptional, imo. His percentages aren't great, but someone would have to dig deeper in those numbers.

Edit: I guess it depends on how reliable he is knocking down shots from the wing.

Last edited:
He can still be a secondary initiator from the 3/4 spot, a la Ingles.

Yeah, again is role seems like it would be similar to Lance Stephenson, though he's more mobile and more skilled. I think Lance played at the 3 when he had his best seasons with Indiana. I think THT a 2/3. I don't think he rebounds enough to be played at the 4, at least not ideally. If he could get his weight down, his size/length would enable him to overpower most guards. He could be a real force in that role.

What’s the ceiling on the two high school kids?

PG: Jalen Lecque

PF: Darius Bazley

Both were invited to the combine and both seem unlikely to pull out of the draft.

Will they be late risers? They both seem raw and athletic, but are they worth a flyer?

What’s the ceiling on the two high school kids?

PG: Jalen Lecque

PF: Darius Bazley

Both were invited to the combine and both seem unlikely to pull out of the draft.

Will they be late risers? They both seem raw and athletic, but are they worth a flyer?

I dont think either makes the first round. Both are raw. Bazley has more upside, but no one's seen him play for a year.

I want 10 second round picks, there are a lot of players that I like

Chuma Okeke
Luka Samanic
Tacko Fall
Jaylen Hands
Eric Paschall
Bennie Boatwright
Killian Tillie
Aric Holman
Ethan Happ
Kyle Guy
Daruis Bazely
Sagaba Kanote
Matur Maker
Dylan Windler
Jontay Porter

He had 21 assist in 71 college games.
I've been thinking about a comp for him... fouls a ton, low bball IQ, allergic to passing... gets lost on D...

Marquese Chriss 2.0?

The thing is... I liked Marquese Chriss coming out of college because of his athleticism and the rudiments of a floor game and shooting he flashed. Coincidentally it's the same reason I kind of like Kabengele. But I'm much more cautious about him, now that I have an example of a similar player failing spectacularly... In the 20s I'd probably still be OK picking him and rolling the dice...

Last edited:
This Jalen Lecque looks like a very intriguing prospect. Kinda reminds me of Westbrook and Donovan play style. It'll be quite interesting where he goes in the draft if he stays.

I have paid less attention to college basketball, but there are some guys I think I like... someone tell me why I shouldn't like:

Matisse Thybulle - I think he can play right away because of defense... shooting looks pretty solid though the 3 fell off this year. I think if he shot 40% from three this year he'd be in the lotto.

Shamorie Ponds - Seems like he could be a second unit bucket getter. He is small, but doesn't seem small when he's on the court... looks like a bowling ball going through and shooting over guys a bit.

I am very much a highlight video analyst, so everyone looks good in those... so tell me why these guys suck and they won't make it.

I've been thinking about a comp for him... fouls a ton, low bball IQ, allergic to passing... gets lost on D...

Marquese Chriss 2.0?

The thing is... I liked Marquese Chriss coming out of college because of his athleticism and the rudiments of a floor game and shooting he flashed. Coincidentally it's the same reason I kind of like Kabengele. But I'm much more cautious about him, now that I have an example of a similar player failing spectacularly... In the 20s I'd probably still be OK picking him and rolling the dice...

I think Mfiondu Kabengele is dramatically better than Marquese Chriss has turned out to be. Kab is a better shooter, better rebounder, better interior defender, has a bigger/better body and plays much harder. Plus, he's not a complete knucklehead. The potential for Kabengele is in the same ballpark as Serge Ibaka, who incidentally was also drafted in the 20s.