What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

I'm telling you, Darius Bazley could really be something. I think he'll go in the first round. He's a two-way player and pretty explosive athlete.

The kid from Yale is an NBA-caliber athlete and confident shooter with a nice, compact release. Decent 2nd-round pick

Zach Norvell can shoot. He'll go in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
I'm totally fine with Schofield, Lecque, Bazley and Clarke at #23. Btw Tacko at #52! But I seriously doubt Tacko will still be around by then though.

Tacko is awful. So bad. Type of guy who would’ve been drafted high 20 years ago and been a complete scrub, unable to get off the bench and out of the league in a couple years. Imagine now how bad those guys/he’d be in a faster, smaller NBA.

I'll get off it soon, but Bazley is the kind of guy I really like -- 6'9", 7' wingspan, 37" vertical, good first step, tight handle, nice high shot release, drives with good balance and a low center of gravity.

I don't know if the Jazz have the balls to draft him, but he has the talent to be really good. We'd be lucky to get him at #23.

I'll get off it soon, but Bazley is the kind of guy I really like -- 6'9", 7' wingspan, 37" vertical, good first step, tight handle, nice high shot release, drives with good balance and a low center of gravity.

I don't know if the Jazz have the balls to draft him, but he has the talent to be really good. We'd be lucky to get him at #23.

And if our coaching staff is so ****ing great, they should be able to tap into that.

I’m down.

I just wanna see Dennis trade up. You know that kids gonna be good if he trades up.

I think this could be the sneaky play. Jazz gotta take advantage of every market inefficiency, and this might be a good time. If one or two GMs thinks the draft sucks, or thinks there's one giant tier from like 10 to 25, then Utah can pounce if there's a guy they love. I remember after we traded up for Donovan, the Nuggets' GM Tim Connnelly (he might've just been promoted to PoBO actually) said in an interview that they saw 13 to 24 as one tier, so they were happy to move down, especially getting Trey Lyles who they "coveted". And then Woj/the Draftexpress guys said Utah's front office was doing backflips in the war room with the name "Dwyane Wade" being thrown around after getting Mitchell lol.

I think this could be the sneaky play. Jazz gotta take advantage of every market inefficiency, and this might be a good time. If one or two GMs thinks the draft sucks, or thinks there's one giant tier from like 10 to 25, then Utah can pounce if there's a guy they love. I remember after we traded up for Donovan, the Nuggets' GM Tim Connnelly (he might've just been promoted to PoBO actually) said in an interview that they saw 13 to 24 as one tier, so they were happy to move down, especially getting Trey Lyles who they "coveted". And then Woj/the Draftexpress guys said Utah's front office was doing backflips in the war room with the name "Dwyane Wade" being thrown around after getting Mitchell lol.

They interviewed Brandon Clarke who is mocked top ten in some places... I wonder if he'd be the target if they did move up.

I think our pick plus our pick next year gets us to 12-13... could also do something like Crowder +23 for some less desirable salary (Kelly Olynyk, Marvin Williams). I think this is a draft you can move up if you want to.

We need a guy who can shoot and create his own shot. I have no expectations at this point but I would rather keep the pick than trade it for a one year vet rental.

Last edited:

Bazley is a huge risk. . . but I have a hard time seeing him not being a one and done, lottery caliber talent if he would’ve stayed at Syracuse for his freshman season. I’m totally fine with the Jazz taking a chance on him. Would absolutely love to see what Johnny Bryant and the rest of the Jazz developmental staff could do with his development.

I feel like his odd pathway to the draft and a year off have killed where his projection ought to be. Boom or bust, but #23 is a great spot to take those kind of chances.

Bazley is a huge risk. . . but I have a hard time seeing him not being a one and done, lottery caliber talent if he would’ve stayed at Syracuse for his freshman season. I’m totally fine with the Jazz taking a chance on him. Would absolutely love to see what Johnny Bryant and the rest of the Jazz developmental staff could do with his development.

I feel like his odd pathway to the draft and a year off have killed where his projection ought to be. Boom or bust, but #23 is a great spot to take those kind of chances.

Did you see him play today?

Did you see him play today?
No. I had to work. How’d he do? I’ve been following him since back when he announced he was going to play in the G-league (especially since the Stars got the first pick shortly after he announced that.) He’s always been a kid that impressed me.

No. I had to work. How’d he do? I’ve been following him since back when he announced he was going to play in the G-league (especially since the Stars got the first pick shortly after he announced that.) He’s always been a kid that impressed me.

He was impressive. He's going to look good in workouts--quick, explosive, good first step, good handle, plays defense, etc.