What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

All this talk about draft picks is only going make me more upset if the Jazz trade the pick. I think our bench/development players are in a need for an upgrade. I am hoping that the Jazz pick best player at 23 and then buy/move in the second to swing for a potential sleeper guy. The draft is essential for the Jazz so when they don't participate they take a step back. Remember Trey Lyles was used to get DM. Maybe a guy the Jazz draft some other team really liked but were unable to pick him because the Jazz were ahead of them.

It bothers me that the Spurs have worked out Samanic and Bazley and we haven't. I get that the Spurs are probably scouting for their pick at #29, but I hope we get those guys in.

Why do the Jazz have to match salaries? They have cap room. Can't they just agree to a trade in principle and do it in the off season?
It was reported by multiple sources during the Lakers/Pelicans trade discussions last season that the Pelicans love Ball. If AD is the goal then the Lakers have no interest in a pick for Ball.
I remember the opposite. I also don’t know how anyone “loves” Ball.

Jazz draft position is hard.

17-Brooklyn
18-Indiana
19-Spurs
20-Boston
21-OKC
22-Boston
23-Jazz

All those teams seem to have their act together when it comes to drafting. I'd feel more hopeful if the Jazz were following Charlotte, Detroit, Timberwolves...

Jazz draft position is hard.

17-Brooklyn
18-Indiana
19-Spurs
20-Boston
21-OKC
22-Boston
23-Jazz

All those teams seem to have their act together when it comes to drafting. I'd feel more hopeful if the Jazz were following Charlotte, Detroit, Timberwolves...

We are following those teams too.

Now that Kabengele is committed to the draft, he can do media interviews. Here's an interview he did at a workout in Orlando.

Bazley interview
https://www.nba.com/magic/videos/draft-workouts/orlando-magic-darius-bazley-interview-20190603#

Keldon Johnson
https://www.nba.com/magic/videos/draft-workouts/orlando-magic-keldon-johnson-interview-20190603

Naz Reid
I liked the Kabengele. He just seems to enjoy what he does.

Add him to the list of players I would be ok with the jazz drafting

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
I agree. The guy looks like a poor man's Jevale Mcgee. He did hit one corner 3 but on how many takes?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
I’m not even saying he can’t play, but why show the footage? Great, he can dunk. Great, he can do an interview. Oh, he hasn’t played real basketball yet? Better show him dunking on nobody for a while and talking.

The last two times the Jazz drafted players that hadn’t played serious basketball, we got Enes Kanter and Dante Exum. And they had played A LOT more serious basketball than this kid.

Pump the brakes a little on the hype-train.

Nice video on Keldon Johnson by DX.

I think Keldon was one of those guys who left a really bad first impression with me and I can't get it out of my head lol. Dude's shooting form looks like Giannis with that weird head/body leaning back like there's a 100 pound backpack dragging him down. And he moves like a less athletic Jabari Parker when he bulldozes his way straight ahead and cradles the ball like a running back. He also has that weird skinnyfat body type. I know he was a really high recruit, but I'd be disappointed if the Jazz took him.

It bothers me that the Spurs have worked out Samanic and Bazley and we haven't. I get that the Spurs are probably scouting for their pick at #29, but I hope we get those guys in.

I like the idea of Samanic… could be an overlooked guy due to being overseas. I'm not sure if he's actually good, but I like that it seems like it could be a pick with a little higher upside.

I remember the opposite. I also don’t know how anyone “loves” Ball.

Ball a good prospect as a glue guy but he not a superstar and you have to deal With his idiot daddy. If his daddy would practice what he preach, and stay in his lane and accept his role as glue guy then he could be a solid player.

Ball a good prospect as a glue guy but he not a superstar and you have to deal With his idiot daddy. If his daddy would practice what he preach, and stay in his lane and accept his role as glue guy then he could be a solid player.
Solid, maybe. But I’m not sure he’s even worth his rookie-scale salary, and “solid” is a far-cry from “love”.

We are living in the dusk of the ballhandler that can’t shoot. It almost doesn’t matter how good you are if you’re not a big and can’t hit an open shot consistently or confidently.