What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
Good. God. Almighty.
This is a HS freshman.
Already 6'11. UNREAL.

[video=vimeo;120389570]https://vimeo.com/120389570

Looks really skillful for his size... not incredibly athletic, though.

Most people who get tall that early are very awkward and non-athletic just cuz they are growing into their body. This dude seems extremely fluid and athletic for his size and age.

Did you watch the video with your eyes closed or something? What did you want to see him do to demonstrate more athleticism? Some of those moves would have been fantastic for a 6 foot tall 15 year-old to pull off. At nearly 7 feet tall his skill is obscene.

Most people who get tall that early are very awkward and non-athletic just cuz they are growing into their body. This dude seems extremely fluid and athletic for his size and age.

Did you watch the video with your eyes closed or something? What did you want to see him do to demonstrate more athleticism? Some of those moves would have been fantastic for a 6 foot tall 15 year-old to pull off. At nearly 7 feet tall his skill is obscene.

I had no problem with his skill... I think I even said something about him being really skillful. I'd have to take back the thing about the athleticism, though. I was completely wrong about that - I didn't realize it was a "no dunks compilation". Even though I didn't consciously think "he never dunked", I were left with the impression that he plays exclusively below the rim without realizing that this was specifically a selection of plays below the rim to show off his skill more than his athleticism.

So yah... my bad.

I just youtubed him and his athleticism-level seems 'just fine'. :p On a second watch, in this video I can see some nice hops and smooth movement even in the no-dunk compilation.

Bagley plays 3 hours from where I live. During the state championship this year against the highest competition, every shot he took was a dunk. That dominate as a freshman.

[MENTION=2408]PG_AB[/MENTION]

UK feeling positive about;
- Zion
- Marvin
- Romeo
- Quickley

It's a long way out... but this could potentially top all prior recruiting classes.. all timesies.

[MENTION=2408]PG_AB[/MENTION]

UK feeling positive about;
- Zion
- Marvin
- Romeo
- Quickley

It's a long way out... but this could potentially top all prior recruiting classes.. all timesies.

No doubt in my mind that would be the GOAT recruiting class. What about Moses Brown at C tho? he'd showcase incredibly well on that sort of roster...

Obviously it's a bit difficult to project the roster spots but I'm guessing there'd be room for another good recruit or 2 or 3..

Cameron Reddish would really fill out that 4some into a nice starting lineup.. I'm not sure if he and Zion can best showcase their skills on the same squad thoo.. pretty much it's overkill..

I hope Darius Garland is involved too.. He's hands down one of my favorite players in the class and I just think at UK he'd almost have the Doron Lamb, big shot maker/ taker type of effect on the team..

Coach Cal's Memphis teams had a kid who had crazy range on the 3 and when he was making em they were a different animal, I think he graduated or left the program the year before the championship game run(they could've really used him). I remember once the kid pulled up from the UAB midcourt logo as a heatcheck and drilled it, like you'd see from T-Mac or Vince Carter in warmups. I think it was Jeremy Hunt.

If they can get Langford and Bagley on the same squad.. thats more than enough for me, obviously they'd have no problem filling in the rest of the spots - kids would be fighting tooth an nail for a spot on that team..

No doubt in my mind that would be the GOAT recruiting class. What about Moses Brown at C tho? he'd showcase incredibly well on that sort of roster...

Obviously it's a bit difficult to project the roster spots but I'm guessing there'd be room for another good recruit or 2 or 3..

Cameron Reddish would really fill out that 4some into a nice starting lineup.. I'm not sure if he and Zion can best showcase their skills on the same squad thoo.. pretty much it's overkill..

I hope Darius Garland is involved too.. He's hands down one of my favorite players in the class and I just think at UK he'd almost have the Doron Lamb, big shot maker/ taker type of effect on the team..

Coach Cal's Memphis teams had a kid who had crazy range on the 3 and when he was making em they were a different animal, I think he graduated or left the program the year before the championship game run(they could've really used him). I remember once the kid pulled up from the UAB midcourt logo as a heatcheck and drilled it, like you'd see from T-Mac or Vince Carter in warmups. I think it was Jeremy Hunt.

If they can get Langford and Bagley on the same squad.. thats more than enough for me, obviously they'd have no problem filling in the rest of the spots - kids would be fighting tooth an nail for a spot on that team..

Reddish is going to Duke. Langford may as well.
I'm just giving the names with the most buzz around the program, atm.

Marvin Bagley will be a top-5 player in the league one day.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Ya know who should do a long-term BS sand-bagged Hinkie style tank, involving holding decent players out with injuries for entire seasons? The Bulls.

for some reason I've got this hunch Bagley is gonna land in Chicago.

I'm talking trade Jimmy Butler for like a bunch of future 1sts type of bottoming-out.

Still need to see Zion against top flight competition in a real HS game (not all star or AAU) before I'm convinced he's the next great thing.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk