What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

The funny **** is that Memphis won. Now they have Utah and Boston wanting Conley.

Yeah it will be interesting to see what they end up getting. Couple picks and some space would be pretty helpful. Might be able to get 14 and one of the picks in the 20s. Hayward would have to be in the deal though... honestly he’d be a good buy low for Memphis that they might flip later or keep... prolly a really unpopular opinion here.

That's not a bad mock, overall. The rumor was that Mathisse Thybulle had a promise from Boston, so maybe swap him and Ty Jerome, but that looks pretty plausible.

Did they mention any guys like Claxton, Horton-Tucker or anyone else who could go first round?

Every pick Boston has is better than Utahs

Yeah. But they can't provide the same amount of cap relief. And Utah's offer now wouldn't be as strong as it was at the deadline. I still think Memphis screwed up by turning down the deadline offer. It's the best deal they are likely going to see.

Impossible? He was the second best power forward of all-time behind Malone when he retired.
There are easily 30 players in the history of the game more deserving.

And the league is a center, PG and wing focused league. PF is probably the thinnest position in thr league by a number of layers.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah. But they can't provide the same amount of cap relief. And Utah's offer now wouldn't be as strong as it was at the deadline. I still think Memphis screwed up by turning down the deadline offer. It's the best deal they are likely going to see.
I don't think Memphis cares about cap relief for next season. They still got Parsons and they arw grooming JJJ and Morant.

They don't need cap relief

I don't think Memphis cares about cap relief for next season. They still got Parsons and they arw grooming JJJ and Morant.

They care about money though. They are near the tax once the re-sign Wright... they could save almost 30M by operating at or near the floor.

Bol Bol is one guy I wouldn’t be real happy about... those projects are rarely profitable unless the dudes are hard workers... not sure that is who Bol is.

They would rather dump money than not, but I think the quality of picks are more important.

They care more about 2019-20 space. Most teams can help them with that.

I like how you declare what they care about more... I doubt they think they will be free agent players next year. The money would be a big deal... not just a preference item.

Bol Bol is one guy I wouldn’t be real happy about... those projects are rarely profitable unless the dudes are hard workers... not sure that is who Bol is.
I’m a college basketball moron, but came here to see what people said about him. I’d roll the dice. I’d sure as **** prefer him to another project big man we have.

He's not really a project tho. He's quite advanced offensively. I do agree about the effort level being worrisome, on defense anyway. But his offensive upside alone is well worth the pick at 23 IMO.

He's not really a project tho. He's quite advanced offensively. I do agree about the effort level being worrisome, on defense anyway. But his offensive upside alone is well worth the pick at 23 IMO.

He may be advanced but he’s too thin and will not be effective until he gets stronger or his body fills out. Like Exum, if he has an injury or two it could really stunt that development... then you kill a roster spot for four years and end up unsure of what you have. IDK... I’d prolly pass.

He may be advanced but he’s too thin and will not be effective until he gets stronger or his body fills out. Like Exum, if he has an injury or two it could really stunt that development... then you kill a roster spot for four years and end up unsure of what you have. IDK... I’d prolly pass.

I think he can be effective on offense without getting stronger. His game doesn't rely on physical strength to beat defenders. He's a finesse player. A faceup 4/5. He doesn't really need more strength to shoot 3's or take an opposing big off of the dribble.

I am concerned with the injury. If you're gonna pick him then you have to have the green light from the medical staff.

I’m a college basketball moron, but came here to see what people said about him. I’d roll the dice. I’d sure as **** prefer him to another project big man we have.

If we did take him or another center I’m trading or cutting tony Bradley... not killing two roster spots on development centers and another on a backup because we won’t trust them... and let’s be honest Favs will be back too... maybe we can use both two way contracts on centers... really go in on centers.