What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

So... lost in the beauty of this trade we still have a draft.

I'm the GM of the Jazz in a mock draft with fellow draft nuts tonight. Suggestions on what I should maybe do? I only have pick 53 right now obvs. I've made it known that I would like to make a move for a late first/early second round pick. The goal being to target an athletic 3&D wing or 3&D PF. Good approach?

So this mock draft is complete. I tried to find a way to get a late first/early second rd pick but struggled to find a trade partner after the Conley trade took most of our players who were under contract. Nobody wanted cash lol

I ended up staying at 53 and I drafted Quinndary Weatherspoon. I would call that a solid result.

Supposedly the Jazz are trying to move up in the 2nd round with their current pick and cash.
They need to make something happen this time so I hope they are. It would be perfect timing as a guy they might’ve taken at #23 could still be in the 40’s (but not likely #53).

Sam Vecenie's updated mock draft.

1. New Orleans Pelicans — Zion Williamson
2. Memphis Grizzlies — Ja Morant
3. New York Knicks — R.J. Barrett
4. New Orleans Pelicans (via LAL) — Darius Garland
5. Cleveland Cavaliers — De’Andre Hunter
6. Phoenix Suns — Jarrett Culver
7. Chicago Bulls — Coby White
8. Atlanta Hawks — Cam Reddish
9. Washington Wizards — Nassir Little
10. Atlanta Hawks — Jaxson Hayes
11. Minnesota Timberwolves — Sekou Doumbouya
12. Charlotte Hornets — Goga Bitadze
13. Miami Heat — PJ Washington (The other two Kentucky guys, Tyler Herro and Keldon Johnson, are also thought to be in the mix here. It’s possible the team could take a shot on Rui Hachimura, and teams think this might be the earliest possible landing area for Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol.)
14. Boston Celtics (from SAC) — Tyler Herro
15. Detroit Pistons — Nickeil Alexander-Walker
16. Orlando Magic — Keldon Johnson
17. Atlanta Hawks (from BKN) — Brandon Clarke
18. Indiana Pacers — Romeo Langford
19. San Antonio Spurs — Rui Hachimura
20. Boston Celtics (from LAC) — Mfiondu Kabengele
21. Oklahoma City Thunder — Nic Claxton
22. Boston Celtics — Kevin Porter Jr.
23. Memphis Grizzlies (from UTA — Cameron Johnson (This one is a bit of a shot in the dark. The Grizzlies haven’t worked out many guys in this range, having just acquired the pick today in the Mike Conley deal. The Athletic’s David Aldridge has also noted that this pick is on the market again for Memphis and could be dealt a second time in as many days.)
24. Philadelphia 76ers — Matisse Thybulle
25. Portland Trail Blazers — KZ Okpala (His range is pretty wide right now. It’s not impossible he goes in the late teens, and it’s not impossible he falls out of the first round. )
26. Cleveland Cavaliers (from HOU) — Ty Jerome
27. Brooklyn Nets (from DEN) — Bol Bol
28. Golden State Warriors — Dylan Windler
29. San Antonio Spurs (from TOR) — Luka Samanic
30. Detroit Pistons (via MIL) — Grant Williams
31. Brooklyn Nets (from NYK) — Darius Bazley (Bazley does have a very real shot to end up in the first round. There are a lot of teams interested at this stage, due to his athleticism and ability to hit shots.)
32. Phoenix Suns — Carsen Edwards
33. Philadelphia 76ers (from CLE) — Eric Paschall
34. Philadelphia 76ers (from CHI) — Bruno Fernando (Fernando’s range is going to start around the late teens or so, and end in the 30s somewhere. Much like any other big in this class, the range is wider than you’d think, depending on who ends up with the picks.)
35. Atlanta Hawks — Chuma Okeke
36. Charlotte Hornets (from WAS) — Luguentz Dort
37. Dallas Mavericks — Louis King
38. Chicago Bulls (from MEM) — Talen Horton-Tucker
39. New Orleans Pelicans — Naz Reid
40. Sacramento Kings (from MIN) — Terence Davis
41. Atlanta Hawks (from LAL) — Deividas Sirvydis
42. Philadelphia 76ers (from SAC) — Admiral Schofield
43. Minnesota Timberwolves (from MIA) — Daniel Gafford
44. Miami Heat (from ATL thru MIN) — Zach Norvell Jr.
45. Detroit Pistons — Tremont Waters
46. Orlando Magic (from BKN) — Jalen Lecque
48. Los Angeles Clippers — Jaylen Nowell
49. San Antonio Spurs — Jontay Porter
50. Indiana Pacers — Terance Mann
51. Boston Celtics —DaQuan Jeffries
52. Charlotte Hornets (from OKC) — Yovel Zoosman
53. Utah Jazz — Dean Wade (Wade has been healthy in pre-draft workouts, and impressed with his ability to knock down shots as a big man.)
54. Philadelphia 76ers — Jordan Poole
55. New York Knicks (from HOU) — Shamorie Ponds
56. Los Angeles Clippers (from POR) — Brian Bowen
57. New Orleans Pelicans (from DEN) — Jalen McDaniels
58. Golden State Warriors — Alen Smailigic
59. Toronto Raptors — Justin Wright-Foreman
60. Sacramento Kings (from MIL) — Marcos Louzada Silva (“Didi”)

So glad I dont root for the Knicks anymore. that RJ pick would pissed me off royally and then even more when the struck out with big name FA's.

They shoulda taken Garland... Lemme just state that for the record.

RJ I believe was drafted with hopes that KD would be at SF... With RJ playing the role of a lockdown defender at SG.. Instead their stuck with mismatched pieces...

BUT TBH... RJ Barrett is a tank move, he's the new tank commander.... The Knicks will obviously tank again into the 2020's, which is the right move, they shoulda taken the PG who can really shoot tho... they lack shooting in a major way for a 2019-2020 roster. it's a joke.

See the above post. LMAO. The Knicks losing to the Suns last night was crazy, that Suns roster is putrid.

RJ went 3/15 looked abysmal.. 1ast 8 turnovers

Bradzeikis dropped 30 and looked good.

I think we've got a sneaky good crop of 2nd rders this year.

View attachment 7364

05e9b1a807c20e5e521316f22d09ffdd.png

Bump

Dort probably my favorite player this year. Dude is a dead ringer for Marcus Smart physically. I don't know if he's a good finisher (struggled against Miss State, a team with NBA sized centers who excel at rim protection) but he attacks like a madman. Dude throws his body into anything like a pinball.

His shot is a ****ing moonball. I highly doubt it's consistent. It nearly leaves the screen on a lot of his highlights. For now it's going in though and he's shooting 44% from 3.

Maybe the Jazz were gun shy after their last AZ St player they signed

Torian Graham​

Graham has assets the Jazz covet. I.e. size and length — Graham is 6-foot-5 and boasts a wingspan just under 6-foot-10 — in the back court.