What's new

Fontecchio Is Our Best Player This Season

If the idea is to lose games yeah they should want to keep those guys. I kind of wish we were going with Vanderbilt over Markkanen but it doesnt seem to be the case.

As far as Fontecchio goes there is just so much to be decided with the roster still. It's tough to say where will Fontecchio fall in the rotation at the end of it all. Let alone how smoothly he'll make the transition to the NBA.

I don’t know. I’m actually trying to figure out who would be in the rotation as of today and I can’t seem to come to an answer. Still so many moving parts
I’m not counting on any of Conley, Clarkson, Beasley, Bogdanovic or Gay and I also think there’s about a 50/50 chance Sexton and Markkanen are both gone by the deadline (I’m wondering if a tanking Jazz could get offers for both that they can’t refuse.)

I think the majority of the season will see the Jazz run with a big rotation of Sexton, JB, THT, Agbaji, NAW, Fontecchio, Bolmaro, Markkanen, Vanderbilt, Azibuke and Kessler. They’re going to use the regular season to figure out who is worth keeping and who they are going to move on from before next season.

What do you mean no depth? This is hands down the deepest team we have ever had by a pretty large margin. We still have a lot of tearing down to do to guarantee a bad record. As it stands right now I think this current team is better than last years team.
Depends on who, if anyone, we get back for Bojan and Mike. Hopefully very little more than picks and buyouts. Then you have to slide people up and the depth isn't as good. We have playable players all the way down the bench, but *very* young players that are going to struggle with heavy minutes.

Players with historical stats currently likely to play (i.e no returning vets from last year):

PlayerProjected '23 combined RAPTOR
Sexton-2.1
Beasley-1.1
Horton-Tucker-1.3
Alexander-Walker-0.9
Vanderbilt+1.7
Bolmaro-1.0
Butler-0.7
Johnson-1.4
Sneed-2.2
Azubuike-2.2
Markkanen+0.4

And we're losing our positive players like Mitchell (2.7), Rudy (5.0)- even if we keep Bojan he's a negative 2.2 projected. We mostly just need to dump Conley (+2.5) and Clarkson (+1.3) and we'll be almost negative across the board with Vanderbilt only one above a positive 1. Lots and lots of losses incoming.